• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if people think the one bedroom villas in kidani would be big enough for four big adults and an 8 year old. I know that they sleep 5, just curious if the single chair would be ok for an adult to sleep in.

Kicking tires on many resorts, thinking two rooms may be best (thinking cbr, CSR, or pop) but the villas there look nice.

They have muffins and coffee and other prepared items in the little shop by the lobby, but no eggs or anything like that. Since you're in a villa you might want to consider buying cereal and milk (that's what we do) or even eggs, bread, etc. and make a few breakfasts. You can get all those things in the shop as well. :)

Thanks.

36 days left!! We received our luggage tags today. I am so excited, I can barely contain myself:jumping1: DS still does not know that we are staying at AKL. We have ADRs for Boma and Sanaa. It will be our first time eating there.
You're going to love those 2 TS. They definitely are two of the best /different unique dining experiences for sure..Both different but equally awesome

Just curious if people think the one bedroom villas in kidani would be big enough for four big adults and an 8 year old. I know that they sleep 5, just curious if the single chair would be ok for an adult to sleep in.

Kicking tires on many resorts, thinking two rooms may be best (thinking cbr, CSR, or pop) but the villas there look nice.

My 21 year old niece came with us and she slept in the single chair without a problem. My DH and I had the bed in the bedroom, my 2 girls (18 and 11) slept in the pullout sofa and my niece in the chair. No problems at all. My niece is approximately 5'6" and 140 pounds.

We are stay AKL CL December 24 - 27

So excited to be going back and during the holidays!!!
December

RobynPrincess, Nov 26th – 9th, AKL

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th, Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 10th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Traceylee, 11th – 19th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

Chrisc88, 24th – 27th, AKL

Military discount for November came out today and I was able to upgrade from POR to AKL Savannah view with bunkbeds. :jumping1:

I know the bunkbeds kind of limit my request availabilty but I was thinking I'd request Sunset savannah, high floor. Good request or have any better ideas?

We are staying at Kidani Village November 13th -21st through my brother's vacation club. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of my favorites and I haven't stayed there in over 10 years. We are splitting our party between Caribbean Beach and the Kidani Village studio. My family loves them both so it's the best of both worlds. I am super excited!!!

How is the WIFI in the AKL ? What about the room ? and in the common areas?
Usable for something like Skype?
Thanks

Hello! Our first disneyworld trip was 4 years ago and we stayed All Star Movies. Now we are headed back and we are so excited to be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!! We will be there July 31- Aug 7 and we have a savanna view room with bunk beds. I know from reading that upper floors seem to be the better choice, but I have no idea where is the best room location to request. Seems like when I looked at the online check in the other day I was able to select upper floor, ground floor, or Kudu Trail? Where is the best location?

We are staying at Kidani Village November 13th -21st through my brother's vacation club. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of my favorites and I haven't stayed there in over 10 years. We are splitting our party between Caribbean Beach and the Kidani Village studio. My family loves them both so it's the best of both worlds. I am super excited!!!
November

RachelTori, Oct 28th – 4th, CSR-Business Class

PNO4TE, Oct 30th – 3rd, Coronado Springs

TeeterTots, Oct 31st – 3rd, AKL CL

Nascargirl0829, Oct 31st – 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, Oct 31st – 7th, AKL

brittbrat63, 5th – 9th, Kidani

Caldisneymomof2, 6th – 11th, AKL

brittbrat63, 9th – 11th, Jambo House

Busymommy2pink, 10th – 19th, AKL

Lacoccinelle, 11th – 18th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 13th – 18th, BCV

Libmom333, 13th – 21st, AKL

Rere101399, 14th – 20th, AKL

Huey578, 14th – 21st, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 14th – 22nd, AKL

shameless3, 17th – 20th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 18th -22nd, AKL

RobynPrincess, 20th – 26th, AKL CL

1buckeyegirl, 21st – 24th, AKL CL

YoCoLifSavr, 21st – 28th, Jambo House

1buckeyegirl, 24th Disney Magic

Jbausch, 25th – 28th, AKL

RobynPrincess, 26th – Dec 9th, AKL

JenniferLea

Hello! Our first disneyworld trip was 4 years ago and we stayed All Star Movies. Now we are headed back and we are so excited to be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!! We will be there July 31- Aug 7 and we have a savanna view room with bunk beds. I know from reading that upper floors seem to be the better choice, but I have no idea where is the best room location to request. Seems like when I looked at the online check in the other day I was able to select upper floor, ground floor, or Kudu Trail? Where is the best location?
August

Octoberbaby, Jul 23rd – 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, Jul 28th – 7th, AKL

Jennifur25, Jul 31st – 7th, AKL

anjalee6, 2nd - 10th, AKL CL

MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 3rd – 13th, AKL

Broncobill, 7th – 16th, AKL

anjalee6, 10th – 13th, BC

ColinCodyMom, 10th – 14th, AKL

Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani

DizDaD7, 15th – 26th, BWV

Pandv_2000, 15th-29th, AKl CL

Drusilla, 18th – 24th, AKL

amberjean15, 23rd – 30th, AKL

RachelTori, 23rd – 28th, AKL CL

NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

DizDaD7, 26th – 28th, HHR

36 days left!! We received our luggage tags today. I am so excited, I can barely contain myself:jumping1: DS still does not know that we are staying at AKL. We have ADRs for Boma and Sanaa. It will be our first time eating there.

We are at 34 days today, but haven't gotten anything yet. :worried: Hope we get things soon!

We are at 34 days today, but haven't gotten anything yet. :worried: Hope we get things soon!
I received luggage tags for DME at about 70 days out but know that they can come much later. May want to give them a call if you are using DME but can always get tags at airport if necessary. Other than that, I don't think your magic bands would have shipped yet since you have until 30 days before departure to customize them. Just make sure that your address is correct when customizing.

I received luggage tags for DME at about 70 days out but know that they can come much later. May want to give them a call if you are using DME but can always get tags at airport if necessary. Other than that, I don't think your magic bands would have shipped yet since you have until 30 days before departure to customize them. Just make sure that your address is correct when customizing.
I will have to check. I just got a message the other day from CL at AKL saying they had added our flight information so hopefully things will come soon. Thanks for the information.

I am over the MOON! This has been my dream hotel for 17 years! We will be staying here for our 17th anniversary! Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! We are staying with the Arusha view but also had the option for Kidini villas studio room Savannah view. I picked Arusha. Thoughts on that? Also do they still do the safaris?

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2014

If you have any updates please let me know...

September
RachelTori, 22nd-29th, BWV
PNO4TE, 25th-29th, BWV
Patrickpiteo, 26th – 30th, Kidani
aaarcher86, 26th – Oct 6th, Kidani
JenniBugInPink, 27th – Oct 5th, Kidani
Paula Sedley-Burke, 28th – Oct 1st, BCV

October
aaarcher86, Sep 26th – 6th, Kidani
JenniBugInPink, Sep 27th – 5th, Kidani
Paula Sedley-Burke, Sep 28th - 1st, BCV
Paula Sedley-Burke, 1st – 2nd, VGF
rhardy1206, 8th – 17th, Grand Villa
Rarity, 25th – Nov 1st, Jambo House
AliceandAriel, 25th – Nov 1st, AKV Kidani
Tarcc, 25th - Nov 8th, AKL
Weswife, 26th – 31st, AKL
Shakes, 26th – Nov 1st, AKL
Disney Mom12, 26th – Nov 4th, AKL CL
Teriandcb, 27th – 31st, AKL
Kimmar067, 28th , Mystic Dunes, AKL
PNO4TE, 31st – Nov 2nd, Kidani

November
Tarcc, Oct 25th - 8th, AKL
Disney Mom12, Oct 26th – 4th, AKL CL
Kimmar067, Oct 29th – 2nd, AKL
PNO4TE, Oct 31st – 2nd, Kidani
DizDaD7, 1st – 8th, AKV
YoYoAurora, 1st – 8th, AKL CL
PNO4TE, 2nd – 8th, BWV
RachelTori, 2nd – 8th, BWV
John's Mom, 4th -6th, Port Orleans – Riverside
Grandma Rainbow, 5th – 9th, AKL
LMO429, 5th – 9th, Kidani Village
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 6th – 10th, Poly CL
Yoshiandi, 9th -14th, AKL
disney meema, 9th – 19th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 10th – 13th, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Xclusive2WDW, 11th -16th, AKL
Disney9.9.10, 12th – 19th, Kidani Village
anjalee6, 13th – 16th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 13th – 23rd, Aulani
wdwagain518, 20th – 24th, AKL
Traceylee, 20th – 29th, AKL
RapunzelsGoodMom, 22nd – 27th, AKV Kidani
Mevelandry, 23rd, AKL
saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL

December
saysib, Nov 28th-12th, AKL
Miranda, 2nd – 8th, AKL
jce2, 3rd – 10th, AKL
Cincystamper, 3rd – 14th, AKL
Emilyclaire, 4th – 10th, AKL
ItsOnlyMoney, 4th – 13th, AKL
Andrea464, 5th – 9th, AKL
Abbydancer, 6th – 15th, Kidani
DevonsDisneyMom, 7th-12th, AKL
disney2014plan, 10th -14th, AKL
tiggrbaby, 11th – 14th, POP
Cruzergirl, 14th – 22nd, Jambo House
jcjen519, 14th – 23rd, AKV CL
krismanda, 16th – 23rd, AKL
RachelTori, 20th – 26th, BCV
Courtneybeth, 21st – 27th, AKV

January
Sndral, 1st – 11th, AKL
DINKaAtDisney, 9th – 13th, AKL
Ted in Halifax, 17th – Feb 2nd, AKL

February
CookieandOatmeal, 14th – 16th, AKL Honeymoon
Sherrkel, 19th – 28th, AKL
Jeniie, 25th – Mar 10th, AKL Jambo

March
Jeniie, Feb 25th – 10th, AKL Jambo
Srauchbauer, 4th – 9th, AKL

April
Franandaj, 13th – 20th, VWL
Franandaj, 20th – 24th, DCL

May
DgBg100106, 5th -8th, BCV (Flower and Garden)
ThisIsJason, 5th – 11th, Kidani

June
ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House
think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

July
Denamac, 20th -26th , Jambo CL
Dissycrazy. July 29-Aug 1, AKL Arusha, 17th anniversary!

August
Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani
NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

September

October
LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL

November

December

?..Also do they still do the safaris?
They still do the Wanyama safari which includes a drive through the 3 larger savannas and dinner w/ wine pairings at Jiko afterwards. Price is around $190 per person - reserve by calling AKL IPO.
There is a newer night time safari, I haven't done that one but the price is, I think $70 per person.
You can also do lunch at Sanaa with a CM who cares for the AKL animals, no safari, but you learn a lot and Sanaa's food is great, IMO - I don't remember the price, maybe $50?
The sunrise safari (limited to CL guests and, in the end DVC guests at AKL) is not currently offered. I have hopes that once the construction is done @ AK something similar will be offered.
At AK I think there are some special tours as well.

Last edited:
I am considering the AKL for my 5 year old twins visit to WDW Dec 18-22. I am above to secure a great rate through FF of $189 . I have stayed at POR (riverside and French quarter pre children) I am currently booked at the Swan for $190 a night. I can either stay at the swan, switch to POR for $159 or switch to AKL for $189. We will be attending the Mickey Christmas party on the 18th and visiting MK and possibly animal kingdom, if my kids are up for it. We expect to return to the resort every afternoon as my children still nap. I was exciting to be offered 189 for the AKL. I was worried about relying the bus, but I understand from another thread that the buses are decent during the holiday. I would love to hear thoughts on the animal kingdom for 5 year olds. Are the rooms really small. How are the beds? Are they as comfortable as the Swan? Food options and activities for 5 year olds? How about the pool. Are there a lot of free activities for children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter