Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the view from our room Sept 2014

We were in Jambo House room #3529 on the Arusha savanna in the Zebra trail wing

View to the left of the lobby and Arusha rock in the middle of the pic (you can barely see the rainbow above the lobby)

Looking to the far right

Looking straight ahead (with a Wednesday Wanyama safari truck touring savanna)

We did MK until 1am on a Sat. and had room service for breakfast on Sunday. They stated it may take up to an hour to receive food it arrived in about 20-30 min and they called the room prior to delivery. Also learned you could order ahead of time and set up a specific delivery time.
We loved our room service food. Nice & hot and very good. Actually some of the best food we had on the whole trip which was a pleasant surprise. Their Blody Mary's were delicious.

That picture looks DELISH! Any ideas on how they'd handle room service with allergy dining (Celiac's, so gluten free for me [no wheat/barley/rye]). I was planning on doing room service the morning after flying in to take it steady, but if it's a hassle with allergy dining I'll just slow crawl to the Mara for some grub.

Any thoughts on in-room dining/room service at Jambo? Do we have to order hours ahead of time or can we just crawl in from the parks one evening and order some grub? Anything particularly tasty or unpleasant? We are pretty adventurous, no picky eaters, and we enjoy various global cuisines on a regular basis. Thanks!

-Tess

....while I certainly know all about the 'crawling' part, you might want to just go down to The Mara, where you can get a first-hand look at what they have to offer. Then, it'll be easy to bring it right up to your room. Of course, if you want that actual 'room-service experience', you can order in....I don't know how long it actually takes between the ordering and the delivery though...:confused3

That picture looks DELISH! Any ideas on how they'd handle room service with allergy dining (Celiac's, so gluten free for me [no wheat/barley/rye]). I was planning on doing room service the morning after flying in to take it steady, but if it's a hassle with allergy dining I'll just slow crawl to the Mara for some grub.

...my DH suffers from Celiac's also - this is one of the most important reasons that we love staying at AKL....:thumbsup2

....thank you thumper, for sharing your pix....they are AWESOME! :thumbsup2

....while I certainly know all about the 'crawling' part, you might want to just go down to The Mara, where you can get a first-hand look at what they have to offer. Then, it'll be easy to bring it right up to your room. Of course, if you want that actual 'room-service experience', you can order in....I don't know how long it actually takes between the ordering and the delivery though...:confused3

Hmm... that's true. I forgot that The Mara stays open late. We would probably stop there before going back to the room. Of course, I'm just scoping out my options for the future. Our 2015 trip is being pushed back a year (Boo Hiss!) due to DH's retirement from the Army and new jobs. :cool1: and :sad1:

-Tess

I saw someone mention the AKL Safari truck and that reminded me of a question. I am staying in club level so I have heard a few people mention get in on the safaris.

How soon should I contact the IPO office about arranging those for us?

PS has anyone done the safaris and what did you think? Which one did you like the best?

We did MK until 1am on a Sat. and had room service for breakfast on Sunday. They stated it may take up to an hour to receive food it arrived in about 20-30 min and they called the room prior to delivery. Also learned you could order ahead of time and set up a specific delivery time.
We loved our room service food. Nice & hot and very good. Actually some of the best food we had on the whole trip which was a pleasant surprise. Their Blody Mary's were delicious.

Ohh that looks great!

Hmm... that's true. I forgot that The Mara stays open late. We would probably stop there before going back to the room. Of course, I'm just scoping out my options for the future. Our 2015 trip is being pushed back a year (Boo Hiss!) due to DH's retirement from the Army and new jobs. :cool1: and :sad1:

-Tess

....first of all, a big salute to your DH [and to you] for your most Honorable sacrifice. BTW, I agree with the 'Boo Hiss' :teeth:...and, nothing wrong with covering all your bases....;)

Just a quick question, mostly for my piece of mind.

When you book room only w/ magical express, you just get the ME tags correct?

We moved 2 months ago and have been having trouble with our mail being forwarded. We found out that our local post office changed the end date on our fowarding so they didn't have to forward it anymore. I was NOT happy to say the least.

I called Disney to let them know our new address and they STILL sent the ME tags to the old address. Luckily the new forwarding order was in place.

I checked our Magicbands and that address is right. Just want to make sure we're not missing anything!

A month and two days! I'M GETTING EXCITED!

47 more days until our 12th anniversary trip. Staying club level for an anniversary splurge. Can't wait!

I saw someone mention the AKL Safari truck and that reminded me of a question. I am staying in club level so I have heard a few people mention get in on the safaris.

PS has anyone done the safaris and what did you think? Which one did you like the best?

Answer to two of your questions:

Contact the IPO as soon as possible. I usually send them an email introducing myself and ask them to call me about reservations I would like them to make.

The Sunrise Safari is officially ending December 28, 2014.

I beleive that I thought I saw on the RM svc menu that they do cater to allergies. There is a menu in the room you can check out upon arrival. The Mara does offer several foods for Celiac disease.

In 2010 we did the Wanyama sunset safari followed by a group dinner in Jiko. The whole experiance was incredible I would recommend it to everybdy to do etleast once. I believe this safari is only on Wed & Sun nt's (not certain). I would make reservations ASAP.

I heard some of our neighbors on their balcony at AKL last week discussing going on a night time safari. I don't know any details about it. Not sure how well you would see the animals after dark. Though one nt we could barely make out a giraffe in front of our balconey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter