Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great! Thanks! Just what I needed. One question, are there laundry facilities? Thanks!

Yes! On the first floor near the pool there is a laundry room for guests. There are maybe 5 washers and 10 dryers. It is $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry, I think. You can sit poolside while the laundry gets done :)

did online checkin today for the second part of our stay...55 days until we are back in The World and 60 days to AKL!

:dance3:

Yes! On the first floor near the pool there is a laundry room for guests. There are maybe 5 washers and 10 dryers. It is $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry, I think. You can sit poolside while the laundry gets done :)

....it is next to Simba's Den...there is another laundry room on Kudu Trail - I cannot remember if it is on the 2nd or 3rd floor.....

...it'll be here before you know it....BTW, did you make ADR's for that day?

Subing... Loving...

:cheer2: :dance3: Very exited my first time staying at AKL and going to be CL room.... :dance3: :cheer2:

:teacher: Teach me oh wise ones.... I have 7 months to get this right :teacher:

Concierge rooms have either savanna or a pool view.

Ok this part of your first page/post scares me.... I thought all club level rooms have views of the Savanna and were right in the middle on the 5 and 6th floor.

I have booked a standard club level room and on the disney website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates-rooms/

It stays "Standard Room - Club Level: Views of Arusha Savanna, 2 queen beds or 1 queen and 1 Bunk Bed, or 1 king bed and 1 day bed, sleeps 4 Adults."

Is this true? Or is there something I need to do to make sure I get my room with a Savanna View?

Ok this part of your first page/post scares me.... I thought all club level rooms have views of the Savanna and were right in the middle on the 5 and 6th floor.

I have booked a standard club level room and on the disney website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/rates-rooms/

It stays "Standard Room - Club Level: Views of Arusha Savanna, 2 queen beds or 1 queen and 1 Bunk Bed, or 1 king bed and 1 day bed, sleeps 4 Adults."

Is this true? Or is there something I need to do to make sure I get my room with a Savanna View?

There are two kinds of club level rooms. The DVC club level rooms are exclusively on the 6th floor and either have a pool view or savannah view.

The hotel club level rooms are not on the 5th or 6th floor, but have guaranteed savannah views.

Corinna

There are two kinds of club level rooms. The DVC club level rooms are exclusively on the 6th floor and either have a pool view or savannah view.

The hotel club level rooms are not on the 5th or 6th floor, but have guaranteed savannah views.

Corinna

:sick: Ok worried sick now, I am just a standard club level room and supposed to be a Savannah view from what disney's own website says.... :sick:

the whole reason I am staying at AKL is for a savanna view, and I added the CL to it for fun!

:sick: Ok worried sick now, I am just a standard club level room and supposed to be a Savannah view from what disney's own website says.... :sick:

the whole reason I am staying at AKL is for a savanna view, and I added the CL to it for fun!

Don't worry. The standard club level rooms is what I referred to as the hotel club level rooms. They do all have savannah views. It is only the DVC club level rooms that are either pool or savannah views.

Corinna

Any thoughts on in-room dining/room service at Jambo? Do we have to order hours ahead of time or can we just crawl in from the parks one evening and order some grub? Anything particularly tasty or unpleasant? We are pretty adventurous, no picky eaters, and we enjoy various global cuisines on a regular basis. Thanks!

-Tess

Has anyone ever had a problem getting a full size crib? We requested one for our standard club level room in October and I'm just wondering how likely it is that we will get it? Thanks!!

Any thoughts on in-room dining/room service at Jambo? Do we have to order hours ahead of time or can we just crawl in from the parks one evening and order some grub? Anything particularly tasty or unpleasant? We are pretty adventurous, no picky eaters, and we enjoy various global cuisines on a regular basis. Thanks!

-Tess

We did MK until 1am on a Sat. and had room service for breakfast on Sunday. They stated it may take up to an hour to receive food it arrived in about 20-30 min and they called the room prior to delivery. Also learned you could order ahead of time and set up a specific delivery time.
We loved our room service food. Nice & hot and very good. Actually some of the best food we had on the whole trip which was a pleasant surprise. Their Blody Mary's were delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter