Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have decided to switch our reservations (12/11-12/19) from AKL to BC. I've never stayed at BC and couldn't resist for an extra $250. My DH loves AKL but is willing to give BC a try.

Eeek! So excited- just booked AKL pool view for June 11-18, 2016! This will be our first stay onsite and our first time visiting AKL. Only 255 days to go, LOL!

-Tess

We are staying in a value studio DVC with rented points. Just wanted to confirm these rooms have 1 queen and 1 double that is sofa bed? It will not have bunk beds is that correct? Does AKL have roll away bed we can rent to have in room?

thanks!

We booked a standard room but I won't object if they want to throw a little pixie dust our way. My last stay we didn't spend much time in the room so I couldn't justify another $1000+ for the upgrade. I did sneak into the "backdoor" link someone had posted on another thread that lets you view the reservation from the TA site and see what notes were added. Our CM added under celebrations for honeymoon, his first trip and my birthday so we'll see if that nets us anything special. Nothing expected, of course, but if all of that doesn't flag something nothing we ever do will, haha!

Care to elaborate on this? If necessary it could be in a PM. Thanks!

Anyone have any photos of Standard Room Views.

Is it worth enquiring about an upgrade when we get there? What would an upgrade rate on the day be?

We are thinking about a quick two night stay at AKL early next June. There would be 6 of us (4 adults and 2 children) and we were looking into a 1-bedroom Villa with a Savannah View.

We are trying to decide if we should rent points (which I know doesn't give much flexibility if there are any changes/cancellation) or book direct with Disney. Are there any historical discounts that I could hope for at that time to bring the direct cost down closer to renting points?

We are staying in a value studio DVC with rented points. Just wanted to confirm these rooms have 1 queen and 1 double that is sofa bed? It will not have bunk beds is that correct? Does AKL have roll away bed we can rent to have in room?

thanks!

That is correct, 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofa. No bunk beds. I can't confirm for sure on the availability of rollaway beds as some websites report AKL/AKV does not have them, but other websites report they do upon request at a $15/nt charge. The Value studios sleep 4 people. If you're thinking of using a rollaway bed plus having the sofa bed pulled out, I would be surprised if the rollaway would fit...the rooms are like 4ft shorter than a standard room.

That is correct, 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofa. No bunk beds. I can't confirm for sure on the availability of rollaway beds as some websites report AKL/AKV does not have them, but other websites report they do upon request at a $15/nt charge. The Value studios sleep 4 people. If you're thinking of using a rollaway bed plus having the sofa bed pulled out, I would be surprised if the rollaway would fit...the rooms are like 4ft shorter than a standard room.

Thanks for the info. This trip is for our daughters high school graduation and her best friend is possibly coming with us and its a boy! So no sleeping in the double bed together. So we will either need a roll away and/or a twin blow up mattress.

Thanks for the info. This trip is for our daughters high school graduation and her best friend is possibly coming with us and its a boy! So no sleeping in the double bed together. So we will either need a roll away and/or a twin blow up mattress.

The value rooms are smaller than the standard rooms so if the couch is out theres no way you are getting another bed in there. Unless its under a bed or in the entry. Either A. Tell the friend there's no room or B. book a bigger room. The 1 bedrooms come with a chair bed as well as a pull out couch. But a value. ..not happening, I'm not even sure it would fit in the regular rooms that are studios.

Please add us to the list. We just booked for 3/30/16 - 4/4/16! Super excited. I had to cancel our May disney cruise since my friend got a new job and won't have much vacation. :sad::sad2: The discounts came out and I decided the kiddos (age 5 & 7) & I could do a short trip during their Spring Break. :flower1: This will be their Christmas & Birthday surprise (Dec birthdays). I think they are going to love it. We stayed at WL in August and loved it - but I don't really want to brave the construction since we are planning on doing 3 park days and spending the rest at the resort.

....hey, where is Brandi? Am I gonna have to do a "Trump" and FIRE her??!?!?! :lmao:

Just got back a few weeks ago from our first stay at AKL. Loved it! We ate at Boma for breakfast and dinner, Sanaa, and used the Mara for most of our quick-service meals. Can't recommend these restaurants enough. I wanted to pass along some room info for those of you looking for room requests for "standard view". We were asked if we would mind being all the way at the end of the hall (about a 3-5 minute walk from the lobby). I said that would be fine because I figured we would have a good chance of having a partial savanna view. Our rooms were at the very end of the hallway, on the third floor (which is the same floor as the lobby, so no elevators needed), and we were right at the edge of the savanna. Gorgeous! We had giraffes outside our rooms every morning, zebras, and all kinds of other animals. I was thrilled that even with a standard view, we got to see animals every day. Our room numbers were 3392 and 3391 and were a Kudu Trail View. If you don't mind a walk to the lobby, I would totally recommend these rooms. It was also very quiet since we were at the end of the hallway. This resort is my new favorite! My kids (ages 4 and 1) were absolutely in love!

We are thinking about a quick two night stay at AKL early next June. There would be 6 of us (4 adults and 2 children) and we were looking into a 1-bedroom Villa with a Savannah View.

We are trying to decide if we should rent points (which I know doesn't give much flexibility if there are any changes/cancellation) or book direct with Disney. Are there any historical discounts that I could hope for at that time to bring the direct cost down closer to renting points?
Unless one of the children is under age 3 you won't fit into a 1 br. AKV villa as occupancy is limited to 5 people (Value 1 br.s are limited to 4.)
I know the year I reserved a 1 br. Savanna view through Disney I did find a discount and it worked out to about the same price as it would have cost to rent through a DVC member, but that was several years ago.

Unless one of the children is under age 3 you won't fit into a 1 br. AKV villa as occupancy is limited to 5 people (Value 1 br.s are limited to 4.)
I know the year I reserved a 1 br. Savanna view through Disney I did find a discount and it worked out to about the same price as it would have cost to rent through a DVC member, but that was several years ago.

Thanks for the information. The children will be 6 and 2, so we meet the occupancy!

I am thinking that my best bet would be to just rent through a DVC member!

Hi all
Joining in as just booked to stay in Oct 2016!
Have stayed at Akl but not since 2007, so really looking forward to returning
Many thanks
Ruth

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter