Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to AKL in November! have read, re-read, and re-read again (!) all of the posts I can find about Standard level lodge rooms (not DVC Villas) and the possibility of being checked in to a room with bunk beds. Is this one of those situations where I'd be best off calling them and letting them know that we really would prefer bunk beds vs 2 queens? (Have looked at the online check-in screens and selecting bunks/2 queens is not an option.) For that matter, would it be better to just wait and check-in when we arrive? I know we wouldn't likely have a fantastic view being in a Standard room, so for us, bunks would be more important than view! Thanks for any info...

Headed to AKL in November! have read, re-read, and re-read again (!) all of the posts I can find about Standard level lodge rooms (not DVC Villas) and the possibility of being checked in to a room with bunk beds. Is this one of those situations where I'd be best off calling them and letting them know that we really would prefer bunk beds vs 2 queens? (Have looked at the online check-in screens and selecting bunks/2 queens is not an option.) For that matter, would it be better to just wait and check-in when we arrive? I know we wouldn't likely have a fantastic view being in a Standard room, so for us, bunks would be more important than view! Thanks for any info...
The bunk bed rooms is actually an upgraded room that you will pay extra for, there aren't really that many like 10 per view. If you want them then pick that room for your choice. I think it was 40 or 50 more a night.

FOUR DAYS!!! :)

My family and I are so excited! We stayed at Jambo house back when the resort first opened but this will be our first time ever at Kidani. Can't wait!!!

KovuLover :simba:

The bunk bed rooms is actually an upgraded room that you will pay extra for, there aren't really that many like 10 per view. If you want them then pick that room for your choice. I think it was 40 or 50 more a night.

It's kind of confusing because when you're booking, the Standard Room type indicates 3 types of bedding configurations are possible to receive: 2 Queen Beds, or 1 Queen bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed. I was under the impression that once I booked my FD offer waaay back when (!) that I couldn't change it without losing my FD?

It's kind of confusing because when you're booking, the Standard Room type indicates 3 types of bedding configurations are possible to receive: 2 Queen Beds, or 1 Queen bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed. I was under the impression that once I booked my FD offer waaay back when (!) that I couldn't change it without losing my FD?
Yes but you have to pick which room type you want, if you pick 2 queen beds when booking that is what you will receive or if you pick the 1 queen and bunks. They aren't going to just be given the room with the queen and bunks unless that is what they booked, it does cost more for the bunk rooms.

We are there in just over a month! We've stayed standard pool view before and now it's savanna view in a deluxe studio thanks to my CM discount :) Super excited to experience this resort again!

Our Magic Bands arrived today!!! :rainbow:

...and I'm slightly regretting the color I chose! LOL I kept changing my mind at the last minute (I chose red, my favorite color) but I was torn between that and green. Well, I actually wanted yellow but my husband chose that so I was going to do green...but then I figured I should choose my favorite color so ended up with red...and now I wish I went with green or blue! :upsidedow First world problems, right?

On a side note, I thought we were supposed to get luggage tags with our Magic Bands. We didn't get any at all.

Yes but you have to pick which room type you want, if you pick 2 queen beds when booking that is what you will receive or if you pick the 1 queen and bunks. They aren't going to just be given the room with the queen and bunks unless that is what they booked, it does cost more for the bunk rooms.

My Travel agent told me that standard view at AKL could be either the bunks or two queens. That standard was just referring to the view and the bed configuration. I think at WL the bunks are their own booking category but at AKL they are bunks that are standard view, pool view, savannah view, etc. Was I misinformed?

My Travel agent told me that standard view at AKL could be either the bunks or two queens. That standard was just referring to the view and the bed configuration. I think at WL the bunks are their own booking category but at AKL they are bunks that are standard view, pool view, savannah view, etc. Was I misinformed?

THIS..... thank you! Exactly what I was trying to figure out. There is no separate room type when booking Standard to select from (ie, Bunks or not) - only if you're booking Pool View (at least that's all I can find on the website :o). And my confusion comes in because of the same reason: when we stayed at WL several years ago, there WAS a separate category in Standard to select bunk beds. So - if this is correct (AKL doesn't have a Standard bunk bed selection), should I be contacting them to make my preference known? THANKS for any info!!!

I think that if you picked a standard room you will get two queen beds. It's only if you pick a pool view or Savanah view thay you can pick a bunk room. If you picked a standard room you won't get bunks.

I think that if you picked a standard room you will get two queen beds. It's only if you pick a pool view or Savanah view thay you can pick a bunk room. If you picked a standard room you won't get bunks.

See I thought it was more like trying to get a king bed at a value where its not a bookable category but its a possibility if its available.

I am a transfer from WL. Now on my reservation it says Arusha Veiw - BunkBeds. That's are they had left. I was told it is because you could not prebook BunkBeds.

We booked our honeymoon trip last week and now I'm obsessively planning. We delayed the honeymoon a bit--finances were a bit tight after paying for the wedding ourselves and the cars deciding to need pricey work a few months out and we ended up downgrading to Pop for what was supposed to be a honeymoon starting this Friday. Who wants to honeymoon on a budget? So after some disappointment we opted to postpone a few months in order to splurge a bit and I'm SO glad we did. AKL was by far the best deal after having looked up all the prices when the discounts went public (no discounts available for the October trip even on release day, ugh). Plus is seems like crowds are nuts right now when I had been planning on the typical slow September/October. I'd struggled to get ADRs for the initial trip and yet for the new February one I had my pick of days and times for the most popular places.

We booked a standard room but I won't object if they want to throw a little pixie dust our way. My last stay we didn't spend much time in the room so I couldn't justify another $1000+ for the upgrade. I did sneak into the "backdoor" link someone had posted on another thread that lets you view the reservation from the TA site and see what notes were added. Our CM added under celebrations for honeymoon, his first trip and my birthday so we'll see if that nets us anything special. Nothing expected, of course, but if all of that doesn't flag something nothing we ever do will, haha!

Last edited:
I am a transfer from WL. Now on my reservation it says Arusha Veiw - BunkBeds. That's are they had left. I was told it is because you could not prebook BunkBeds.
I think you will get a room with bunks. We spoke with the resort and they told us that if that is what you booked then you will get a bunk room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter