Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I'm guessing the wait you are referring to is the wait for the busses. We were at ASM last month and I gotta tell you , meal times were horrendous. All of the registers were never staffed---maybe 5 out of 8---and the lines for food and checkout were the pits!

got home last night from orlando.

yes, that was the time wait for the busses.

i wasn't fond of Movies as limited registers were opened.
but, i wasn't there are the popular dining times.
a few times it was around 9:45 pm.

i really enjoyed staying at Sports.
quiet, low key and the quick food section at sports was manned by lots of CM's.

i'll be going back to Sports for another stay in the first week of January.
looking forward to it.

ruh-roh ... a % off room pin # came in the mail addressed to my HUSBAND (of all horrors!) :rotfl2: ... so, I called to see what it was running and .. ummm, we're now booked for Sports next year pixiedust: :cheer2: I knew I shouldn't have called! :rolleyes:

Apologies in advance as I haven't read this entire thread. We have never stayed at the AS Sports. It is my understanding that buildings 1 and 6 are preferred. We have a standard room reserved. What do you recommend for the best room location requests? Thanks!

Apologies in advance as I haven't read this entire thread. We have never stayed at the AS Sports. It is my understanding that buildings 1 and 6 are preferred. We have a standard room reserved. What do you recommend for the best room location requests? Thanks!

those buildings are Surfs Up and closest to the pool and near the food court/lobby.

i have stayed at both of them.

if you want quiet, do not take the first floor.
second or third floors do not have the pool noise or the sounds of people talking when walking by your room.

i like TD 10 and 7 at the far end near the food court area.
it does not have the extra preferred charge and close to everything.
i also like the backside of those buildings for the quietness.
they face foliage and walkways.

those buildings are Surfs Up and closest to the pool and near the food court/lobby.

i have stayed at both of them.

if you want quiet, do not take the first floor.
second or third floors do not have the pool noise or the sounds of people talking when walking by your room.

i like TD 10 and 7 at the far end near the food court area.
it does not have the extra preferred charge and close to everything.
i also like the backside of those buildings for the quietness.
they face foliage and walkways.

Is that the wording I'd use to request the location? "TD 10 or 7 close to the food court, away from the football field"?

instead of saying away from the football field, maybe say, at the end of the football field but at the side near the food court.

if you want to stay on the side opposite of the field, you will see foliage.
either you will be near the food court/main building or near the baseball section.
they are on opposite ends.

i have stayed on ground floor and 2nd floor that faced the football field in both buildings.

when on the upper floor, i did not hear the noise from outside.

i only hear the muffled noise sounds when i was on the ground level.

instead of saying away from the football field, maybe say, at the end of the football field but at the side near the food court.

if you want to stay on the side opposite of the field, you will see foliage.
either you will be near the food court/main building or near the baseball section.
they are on opposite ends.

i have stayed on ground floor and 2nd floor that faced the football field in both buildings.

when on the upper floor, i did not hear the noise from outside.

i only hear the muffled noise sounds when i was on the ground level.

Thank you! We will also be there the first week of January!

Call CM and was told that All Star Sports Resort food court closed till 12/20/13, however DIS website says it is closed till 12/26/13. Any guess on the real story here. We are arriving 12/21 so it will make a difference to us which is the correct date.

Any info is appreciated.

i was at Sports this month and we were told the food court would be opened
either the 20 or 21st of december.

if they are having a set back on meeting the time frame, you would think the CM would tell you when you called.

are you calling the hotel directly?

i have another ressie for Sports for January 3rd.
when i checked out of the resort, i was told that everything would be up and running before christmas.

i have no idea why other sites have a different date.

We just returned from WDW on October 12, staying at Ft. Wilderness in our camper.

We've done everything but make reservations for our June 2015 trip! We have invited grandparents to go with us to celebrate DD's 10th birthday. We thought about getting a 2br villa @ OKW, but we priced out three rooms at ASSports & it was less expensive, so here we are! We have plenty of time for the grandparents to decide whether or not they want to go, but either way, we have decided to stay in an All Star Resort for our next trip & with two years to get ready, we have time to save up the money to pay for it.

I hope to stay at Sports, but I might see if DH has a preference for Movies or Music. I'm hoping that being the first bus stop will sway him here. I'll be checking back often! Excited to be here.

Call CM and was told that All Star Sports Resort food court closed till 12/20/13, however DIS website says it is closed till 12/26/13. Any guess on the real story here. We are arriving 12/21 so it will make a difference to us which is the correct date.

Any info is appreciated.

The official WDW refurbishment publication on the travel agent site continues to list the food court closure through December 20.

Hi All-Star Sports fans, We are excited to be planning our first stay at Sports for Jan. Can anyone tell me if one of the pools is usually less crowded than the other. With no water slide I was thinking there may be about the same number of people using each one. Trying to decide where to request a room. Thank you

Does anyone know if the arcade is supposed to reopen at the same time as the food court? Also, can the arcade card we get at one resort arcade be used at any resort arcade? So, if we get a card at Sports and go over to Poly to eat dinner, could the kids use the same card to play a few games at Poly?

Hi All-Star Sports fans, We are excited to be planning our first stay at Sports for Jan. Can anyone tell me if one of the pools is usually less crowded than the other. With no water slide I was thinking there may be about the same number of people using each one. Trying to decide where to request a room. Thank you

Well I can answer your question about the pool situation. Surf's Up Pool is the busier one of the two. The pool by the homerun section is less crowded and usually more quiet. When in January are you going? I am there 1/29-2/2.

Have a great time:)

Just returned from WDW two days ago. We requested TD building but our wish was not to be granted. Oh well! We were put on the back side (2nd) floor of one of the home run buildings. It was okay but definitely a long trek to the main building that holds the grab and go/ drinks, gift shop and concierge. I suspect the rooms facing the football field in the TD buildings would be a little noisier as the football field is the gateway to the Home Run buildings and baseball pool. Unanswered prayers I suppose! As for noise in the home run building, other than the drunk guy trying to get in our room at 2:30 one morning, most of the noise comes from CM's and the constant maintenance that goes on. Explains why the place is always spotless ;) the little truck they use to collect garbage drove right by our rooms every morning. However, the place WAS immaculate!

Also, no fridge in the two rooms we had. I spoke with CM and was told there will be no more credits given from here on out as "you had plenty of advanced notice of the fridge situation and could have chosen to go to another All Star resort". I tried to talk her into the credit as I had already changed resorts due to the FD offering, but to no avail. In anticipation of no fridge, I ordered a styrofoam cooler from Garden grocer for 7.99 that worked out perfectly. The kids refilled it with ice everyday and we had no problems. Not ideal, but doable.

After I got over my initial disappointment, I realized, I did not fly to Orlando to stay at the hotel. I flew to Orlando to enjoy the parks. Thats exactly what we did. We had an awesome time. I would certainly go back to WDW again! I will try another resort in the value category though.

It must be said though, every CM that I interacted with could not have been more gracious or polite. They were very good people willing to go above and beyond for you.....Unless you want a fridge credit ;)))

How did you feel the crowd levels were at Sports? Did it feel like it's less crowded than others due to the lack of food court?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter