Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We like the preferred room just to save a few steps to the Food Court and Bus stop. After standing all day long in the parks, every step closer to the room is a plus!

Wick said:
The wife and I are booked for our 1st anniversary Aug 8-14... Got a very good rate via JetBlue getaways: round-trip flights (JFK to MCO: 8am flight going, 8pm coming home) and 6 nights at AS Sports for $970 total. :banana:

Was wondering if it was worth an additional $85 bucks for a preferred room upgrade.. Any thoughts?

We never book preferred, but when I do online check I request close to bus/food court. I've always ended up in touch down 7 which is very close

We never book preferred, but when I do online check I request close to bus/food court. I've always ended up in touch down 7 which is very close

That's what we requested, and got the building of touchdown that was literally closer to the food court than much of the preferred.

Posted this somewhere else, but just found this thread so going to add here, too.

Just booked for end of August. My kids wanted Sports, but when I went to make the reservation was told (by two different CMs!) that the food court at Sports would be undergoing major renovations starting in August. I don't remember exact dates. There will be no hot food at all. Cold food will be available in area that is now the arcade. So no arcade either. Shuttles will take people to the other AS resorts for hot food--or I guess you could walk there.

We opted for POP instead of dealing with that! If this would be an issue for you, you might just want to check for your dates.

The wife and I are booked for our 1st anniversary Aug 8-14... Got a very good rate via JetBlue getaways: round-trip flights (JFK to MCO: 8am flight going, 8pm coming home) and 6 nights at AS Sports for $970 total. :banana:

Was wondering if it was worth an additional $85 bucks for a preferred room upgrade.. Any thoughts?

Wick: I was born and raised in Brooklyn. What part are you from? But there is only one part really: Bensonhurst;)

Wick said:

That's a very good deal! I have been pricing flights out of JFK and Stewart for awhile and can't find any good deals. It's almost $400 per person out of Stewart and $300 per person out of JFK. Ughh annoying

Posted this somewhere else, but just found this thread so going to add here, too.

Just booked for end of August. My kids wanted Sports, but when I went to make the reservation was told (by two different CMs!) that the food court at Sports would be undergoing major renovations starting in August. I don't remember exact dates. There will be no hot food at all. Cold food will be available in area that is now the arcade. So no arcade either. Shuttles will take people to the other AS resorts for hot food--or I guess you could walk there.

We opted for POP instead of dealing with that! If this would be an issue for you, you might just want to check for your dates.

That's not good to hear. We have our reservations there during that time. :scared: We don't mind walking over to ASMu or ASMo. I've seen them updating the ASMo food court and there was no shut down of the food court. If this is the case, ASSp will be a completely updated resort, room refurb and this.

Wick: I was born and raised in Brooklyn. What part are you from? But there is only one part really: Bensonhurst;)
LOL I'm from Mill Basin/Marine Park, but moved to Bath Beach last year.

That's a very good deal! I have been pricing flights out of JFK and Stewart for awhile and can't find any good deals. It's almost $400 per person out of Stewart and $300 per person out of JFK. Ughh annoying
Yes, it is! I suggest looking at JetBlue getaways and playing around with the dates. I just plugged in my travel dates and the package has gone up by only $50.

OK Sports fans, here is a strange question for you. We (party of 8)?are leaving on Friday. My MIL and FIL like to have grits for breakfast and was considering taking the instant packages. J know there are no microwaves in the rooms but as I recall there is a dispenser of very hot water at the drink cointer. Has anyone ever tried to mix that water and instant grits and does it work ok? Also I think there is a microwave in the drink counter area but was not sure

Thanks in advance for the info!

there are microwaves in the food court.

near the pizza pick up window is a counter to the left of that.

toaster, microwave, condiments, etc.

at the beverage island, there is a hot water faccet you can use.

Referb notice for All Star Sports. This one sounds like a real pain in the butt if staying during construction:

The End Zone Food Court at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort will be closed for refurbishment from August 5 until December 20, 2013. During this time, made-to-order food will not be available. Grab-and-go food items (cold sandwiches, cereal, etc.) will be available in a temporary location -- the Game Point Arcade. (Arcade games will not be available during this refurbishment.) Motor coach transportation to the other All-Star Resorts will be available throughout the day during this period, and two motor coaches will run during mealtimes. You will be able to board motor coaches from the porte-cochere outside the All-Star Sports lobby. Coaches will travel to the porte-cocheres at both All-Star Music and All-Star Movies. This transportation will also be available if you'd like to enjoy the Note'able Games and Reel Fun arcades at the other All-Star resorts.

Thanks for the info Ang. I agree it does sound like it will be a pain but the decor in the All Star food courts has been needing some updating for a while. I'm excited to see the finished product.

I agree I would stay away during the fefurb and I also agree it really needs an overhall. I do wonder if they will refurb Music and then Movies after that? If so it will be over a year before the chaos in the food courts are over.

I agree I would stay away during the fefurb and I also agree it really needs an overhall. I do wonder if they will refurb Music and then Movies after that? If so it will be over a year before the chaos in the food courts are over.

I was wondering the same thing!

Oh, great. We're staying at Sports for the first time in September. Oh well. Guess we'll have to make the best of it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Good attitude Amber. You could always bring or order drinks for your room and maybe breakfast and then eat at the parks to avoid the chaos. It might even make Sports less busy during that time. I think when Pop Warner is there in December will be the biggest hassle.

Good attitude Amber. You could always bring or order drinks for your room and maybe breakfast and then eat at the parks to avoid the chaos. It might even make Sports less busy during that time. I think when Pop Warner is there in December will be the biggest hassle.

Thanks :) I told DH last night we'd just bring drinks and stick them in the fridge, so it'll be ok. DS was freaking out about the arcade, so I told him we'd go to Movies for the arcade, that way he can see big Buzz and Woody, so then he was excited :) Hopefully it will be less busy! That would be sweet to be at an almost empty resort :) It's going to be awful in December. I feel kinda bad for the CM's working there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter