Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

DJT said:
Have all the rooms been recently refurbished? We haven't stayed at Sports for several years but my DSis and I are thinking about a trip in April and wondered if they were going to refurbish all the rooms. My DH and I have been staying at POR because we enjoy taking the boat to DTD but my DSis and I thought we would try to do a budget trip and try Sports again.

Donna

I was there Feb 2 in Bldg 8 and it was not refurbished yet.

its been a few years since staying onsite, for the life of me I can't remember how you go about requesting a certain section?? Do I call them or is there a place online?
Even though I never changed my ticker to update we're leaving earlier, we are leaving the 12th and I can't believe that this time on Tues. we'll be 1/4 of the way there. So excited, DD knows we decided on a split stay, but DS doesn't, he will be so excited when we get there! They both play softball/baseball so I thought that section would be perfect for us, with hopefully a parking lot view so it may be quieter;)

You should call in your requests.

okey dokey so I called in my request, gonna keep my fingers crossed we get it, being we'll be a late check-in. Talking about check-ins, I asked the CM if I did the online check in if it would counter act my request...her response was she didn't see how it would being that the request is put into the computer!;) Hope she's right, cause I'm going to do it so that everything is ready when we get there, we will already be late so would like it to go nice and easy so we can go get some sleep!:)

Just back from a week at sports. There was 100's of cheerleaders there, but our room was quiet. We were in the football section, but thankfully not facing onto the football field. Once we shut our door, it was all quiet. We were in building 7 and there was a privacy curtain and new bedding, etc. The room was nice. I found the beds very comfy and longer than a normal double bed. We had a great trip and I'm sad to be home!

okey dokey so I called in my request, gonna keep my fingers crossed we get it, being we'll be a late check-in. Talking about check-ins, I asked the CM if I did the online check in if it would counter act my request...her response was she didn't see how it would being that the request is put into the computer!;) Hope she's right, cause I'm going to do it so that everything is ready when we get there, we will already be late so would like it to go nice and easy so we can go get some sleep!:)

Whether you do online check-in or not has zero affect on your requests.:thumbsup2

been back a couple days, wanted to tell you about our stay. We did not get our request of Homerun, was told at check in none available but it was because Building 8 is still being refurbed, we were upgraded though to Touchdown right next to food court, so really can't complain. Was worried about noise at first,but didn't hear to much. Some of the Twirl Mania was already there,but very well behaved! A soccer team was there as well, they played around that night til about 11,but nothing to bad, they were also well behaved.
Enjoyed the pool with DS, he wanted to go to the Grand Slam Pool which felt very warm,but then again it was chilly that day..
Kids also enjoyed the arcade...loved the icons,but we are sports lovers here;)
Overall a great stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again! have stayed at all All Stars now and would say this is our fav.:thumbsup2

Should I do online check in, if I also have to pick up a grocery order, and a stroller? I don't want to be an extra burden to the check in CM's, if I should have just done a regular check in......

Should I do online check in, if I also have to pick up a grocery order, and a stroller? I don't want to be an extra burden to the check in CM's, if I should have just done a regular check in......

Lets bump this up and see if anyone can share some wisdom with us on this.

and have a magical stay....

Online Check In is simply a way to speed up your process of check in. They basically have everything printed when you get there, so all you need to do is present ID and payment (for additional charges) and your ready to roll. It doesn't matter whether your picking up a grocery order and a stroller along the way.

Online check in is done at the check in desk which is not where you will get your groceries and stroller. You simply check in at the front desk then go back outside the door where the ME bus drops off and go to luggage services and ask for your groceries and stroller there. That is where they store everything. Well unless you sent yourself a package with the groceries then you go over to concierge and ask if they recieved it because mail is stored in the back there. So yes do online if you wish it will not slow down the process for anyone else or the CM at the front desk.

Is anybody staying @ sports now? How are the crowd levels? I'm staying Feb 27th - March 5th. Staying with my 2 years old son. Any room I should request to stay in?

anyone else here having difficulties trying to book online?

i swear i spent 30 minutes trying to check the dates/rates availabilty on the site.

i'm late this year in make my ressie for Sports.
life got in the way for me in January.

I was aware of problems on the site when it first started.
had no idea that it still was ongoing.

Who can give me suggestions on working with the new website for the motherland?

How far is it from the farthest room to the buses? Trying to decide if we want to pay for preferred or not.

Sports is the smallest resort so everything is really close to to the main hall. Some of the regular football rooms are closer to the busses than prefered Surfs up. IMO, of all the resorts ASsports is the one I would not pay prefered at. HTH

anyone else here having difficulties trying to book online?

i swear i spent 30 minutes trying to check the dates/rates availabilty on the site.

i'm late this year in make my ressie for Sports.
life got in the way for me in January.

I was aware of problems on the site when it first started.
had no idea that it still was ongoing.

Who can give me suggestions on working with the new website for the motherland?

Hopefully by now you got all you wanted done online. I read there were issues with the ocmputers a couple weeks ago so maybe they are still not fixed?

Zooshoveller said:
How far is it from the farthest room to the buses? Trying to decide if we want to pay for preferred or not.

I was just there a few weeks ago. Personally, I would not pay for preferred as the rooms are in the noisier area, facing pool, etc. we were in building 7 (football) with a "garden view". It was perfect. We were really close to the main building, but we could not hear any noise ( not even the cheerleaders) when we closed our door.

Manateemum said:
I was just there a few weeks ago. Personally, I would not pay for preferred as the rooms are in the noisier area, facing pool, etc. we were in building 7 (football) with a "garden view". It was perfect. We were really close to the main building, but we could not hear any noise ( not even the cheerleaders) when we closed our door.

I agree. Sport is so compact that I don't think a preferred walk is needed. We were in the baseball section on the back side and had a very short walk to the food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter