Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I am at Sports right now (moving to CSR tomorrow). I'm in Bldg 4 (tennis) - a bit of a walk to the food court and buses, but very quiet -- even with all the dance groups and cheerleaders here!

My room is refurbished -- looks very nice. I can't post any pictures till I get home this weekend.

RachelTori said:
I am at Sports right now (moving to CSR tomorrow). I'm in Bldg 4 (tennis) - a bit of a walk to the food court and buses, but very quiet -- even with all the dance groups and cheerleaders here!

My room is refurbished -- looks very nice. I can't post any pictures till I get home this weekend.

I'm glad to hear things have been quiet for you. We are checking in tomorrow!!!

This is nice to hear. I didn't know Sports was getting a refurb. Can anyone confirm if all the buildings are done yet? Also what is the status of the Surfs Up pool refurb? I remember reading on here that it was getting changed to a zero depth entry pool (or was that just a rumor? :)).

This is nice to hear. I didn't know Sports was getting a refurb. Can anyone confirm if all the buildings are done yet? Also what is the status of the Surfs Up pool refurb? I remember reading on here that it was getting changed to a zero depth entry pool (or was that just a rumor? :)).

The pool refurb is done. It is not zero entry.

ok I'm confused it shows on here this: •Disney All Star Sports - Surfboard Bay Pool closed 2/25/2013- 3/6/2013

so has it already been done ahead of schedule?

The pool was closed in September. If you go back to about page 94 or 95 of this thread people reported that it was closed for about the whole month. There were rumors that came from CM's that when it reopened it would be zero entry. I don't know why it will be closed again.

The pool was closed in September. If you go back to about page 94 or 95 of this thread people reported that it was closed for about the whole month. There were rumors that came from CM's that when it reopened it would be zero entry. I don't know why it will be closed again.

not sure,but I've looked on a couple other websites as well and it shows these dates:confused3

Posting back to let everyone know that the whole surf pool area is closed including the kiddie pool. I spoke to the front desk and they told me that the surf pool will now be a zero entry pool once the refurbishment is complete. And they didn't mention anything new about the kiddie pool but I'm sure the kiddie pool is just being refurbished and typical maintenance.

This is one of the posts from September 9, 2012 about the pool being closed. I don't know if it was ever rehabbed but it was closed.

just saw this posted on another site:

Surfboard Bay Pool (All-Star Resort – Sports) closed 2/25/13-3/6/13 for refurbishment. Pargo service to Grand Slam Pool will be available.

check out mousesavers or allears for the latest info.
i read about the pool closing on one of those two sites.
and i posted it in this thread..........above.

i have no idea why it is closing again.

the Surfboard Bay pool is the large pool near the lobby building, located near the Surfs Up buildings.

the Grand Slam pool is the small pool in front of Home Run hotel.

yes, the Surfboard pool was closed for refurbishing back in september.

Maybe there was a typo and the small pool is the one that is going to be closed?????

All Star Sports has two different pools.

I guess I'm gonna have to print my ressie out from my email..I went to my reservations on the Disney website and it won't link the ressie to my experience nor will it let me see it to print? Anyone have this happen?

I guess I'm gonna have to print my ressie out from my email..I went to my reservations on the Disney website and it won't link the ressie to my experience nor will it let me see it to print? Anyone have this happen?

Try this:
You may need to clear your search history first

Go to www.disneyworld.com and log in
Scroll down the page until you see Customized Maps. Click the link
The old site should come up
My Reservations will be at the top. Click the link
Your reservation details should appear like they would had you been on the old site.

I thought anyone staying at All star sports this month, February might be interested in what the Pool movies for the month are. I listed all the All star resorts incase someone wants to walk over and see one at another resort.

Disneys All Star Movies Resort
Sunday nights- Guest Vote: Toy Story 1, 2 or 3
Monday nights- Enchanted
Tuesday nights- Guest Vote: Wall-E or UP!
Wednesday nights- Hercules
Thursday nights- Peter Pan
Friday nights- The Princess and the Frog
Saturday nights- Brave

Disneys All Star Music Resort
Sunday nights- The Princess and the Frog
Monday nights- Guest Vote: Wall-E or UP!
Tuesday nights- Hercules
Wednesday nights- Peter Pan
Thursday nights- Guest Vote: Toy Story 1, 2 or 3
Friday nights- Brave
Saturday nights- Enchanted

Disneys All Star Sports Resort
Sunday nights- Brave
Monday nights- Guest Vote: Toy Story 1, 2 or 3
Tuesday nights- Peter Pan
Wednesday nights- Guest Vote: Wall-E or UP!
Thursday nights- Hercules
Friday nights- Enchanted
Saturday nights- The Princess and the Frog

its been a few years since staying onsite, for the life of me I can't remember how you go about requesting a certain section?? Do I call them or is there a place online?
Even though I never changed my ticker to update we're leaving earlier, we are leaving the 12th and I can't believe that this time on Tues. we'll be 1/4 of the way there. So excited, DD knows we decided on a split stay, but DS doesn't, he will be so excited when we get there! They both play softball/baseball so I thought that section would be perfect for us, with hopefully a parking lot view so it may be quieter;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter