Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

@chinarider- I just departed, having paid for that exact room. A great standard room (mine) was Room 5333, 2 double beds, end of the row (so no kids screaming past your window), right next to the staircase, intersecting with the preferred rooms of Surf's Up. Request that one or 5332 (right behind it) for a winner.
Thank you

It is always great to have almost all of the food portion of the vacation covered in advance

This year I have been buying a Disney gift card each time I grocery shop
All together I now have $275 of gc which I will use mainly for food

I still have time to buy more before my trip
Oops .....

Need to buy more gc now that you mentioned f&w

Remember that if you use your Target red card, you can save 5% and if you buy them thru Ebates, you can get additional rebate. I use gift cards to pay for hotel, food, souvenirs, everything.... It really does add up

I cancelled my target cc a year ago
Our store did not carry wdw gc where I lived
They were always out of the sale items so quit shopping there

Since I have moved have been to a target twice but found what I wanted cheaper at other stores

Never did ebates but read how some posters go that route

I just add the gc at the check out when I'm in line at the grocery store

I know many love target but it doesn't draw me in

I buy the Disney gift cards at my local food market. I get gas points on every purchase to use for gas. Win win.

Anyone know when the September rec calendar will be posted? POFQ has theirs posted and now I'm anxious about ours lol.

Anyone know when the September rec calendar will be posted? POFQ has theirs posted and now I'm anxious about ours lol.

They are normally posted on the 2nd or 3rd of the new month. Some Threads here on the DIS, like POR and POFQ, have them early because the owners of those threads know someone "on the inside" that sends the Calendars to them.

They are normally posted on the 2nd or 3rd of the new month. Some Threads here on the DIS, like POR and POFQ, have them early because the owners of those threads know someone "on the inside" that sends the Calendars to them.
Thank you! That's how I remembered CBR's last year but didn't know if I just found the calendar late or if it was just posted later than normal.

Does anyone know the route of the DME from MCO to ASSports? Debating on renting a car for our late night arrival if it means I can get to bed sooner!

I believe it takes about 45 minutes from airport to hotel. Last stay at Sports we dropped off at Coronado, then POP, and then the all stars.

Anyone there now that can tell me if the mugs in the food court have the handles or not. I read some of the resorts never went to the handleless mugs because of inventory left of the handled ones.

I have only seen the one without handles.

I believe it takes about 45 minutes from airport to hotel. Last stay at Sports we dropped off at Coronado, then POP, and then the all stars.

Thank you! I think we are going to rent a car. The sooner I can get my head onto a pillow is worth the $50! Then can drop it off on our way to DHS in the morning!

Next question: Has anyone ever staying in a King bed in the football section? Touring Plans is telling me the king beds are located in the surfs up section but I know they aren't right 100% of the time - BF would love to stay in the football section.

Thank you! I think we are going to rent a car. The sooner I can get my head onto a pillow is worth the $50! Then can drop it off on our way to DHS in the morning!

Next question: Has anyone ever staying in a King bed in the football section? Touring Plans is telling me the king beds are located in the surfs up section but I know they aren't right 100% of the time - BF would love to stay in the football section.

Not sure about the king beds, but the football section is now preferred.

I requested football section but because of it being preferred they out is in surfs up. I was bummed at first but love he location it is so close to transport we are in building 1 ground floor king bed.

I requested football section but because of it being preferred they out is in surfs up. I was bummed at first but love he location it is so close to transport we are in building 1 ground floor king bed.

That is great to know! Thanks! :)

I had a king bed at touchdown 10 before ground level and it was a HC room

I did not request HC bit king bed and was placed at TD

It was the backside from the football field 4th about room to the end of the building close to the food court

No idea if this room is still king bed as it was 4 years ago this October

Remember that if you use your Target red card, you can save 5% and if you buy them thru Ebates, you can get additional rebate. I use gift cards to pay for hotel, food, souvenirs, everything.... It really does add up
If you are a member of Sam's Club, you can get gift cards at 5% off also.

So where do you put a room request in? Is that in Special requests? Also is there coffee in standard rooms?

We always rent a car! I would check the prices, it might not be that much more to keep it your whole visit and then return it to the airport. You can also park at free at the parks if you are staying at the resort, so no waiting for buses! It is also great to go to Disney Springs or eat/go off property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter