Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

No I did not

At the date I was able to book fp, none were available for any of my 6 days there

Have tried to see if anything has changed and opened up but still no luck

Next week I can make my fastpasses. I am going to try for it.

Hello, I know there is ton of information in this thread. I am a first timer here, been at POP 4 times and CBR once. I am looking for standard room suggestions... Would prefer something close to FC and buses, not over looking parking lot - want something quiet ,, not near elevator , probably 3 or 4th floor. any ideas? TIA

Suggesting the hoops hotel section.

So I just added the regular dining plan to my reservation. Got to admit that this is the first time that I am actually paying for it. I was going to upgrade to the annual pass but decided to go the dining plan route because it was cheaper. I have a sit down meal every trip, whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I went on the all ears website and priced out my food so I will be saving a few bucks each day. But to discuss my alcohol bill, and that isn't included. A girl can dream. Too bad they didn't have a discount card for alcohol purchases.

I did add dining plan before
Only did it twice

It wasn't ideal for me after I added it all up

I do have three adr now in place and adding another one
Rest of my meals will be counter service

I come out ahead this year by paying as I go

Some past years I booked the free dining plan counter service, and did not come out ahead
Lost the discount on my room and what I paid for the package did not work well for me

I'm not a soda drinker unless there is jack or crown royal in it .....

Should say I go solo but if I had my kids with me, it would be great with a dining plan during free dining bookings

So I just added the regular dining plan to my reservation. Got to admit that this is the first time that I am actually paying for it. I was going to upgrade to the annual pass but decided to go the dining plan route because it was cheaper. I have a sit down meal every trip, whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I went on the all ears website and priced out my food so I will be saving a few bucks each day. But to discuss my alcohol bill, and that isn't included. A girl can dream. Too bad they didn't have a discount card for alcohol purchases.

Even a punch card haha... 6 margaritas and you get one free.

We fly out tomorrow, can't wait I am so excited to check out the hotel and just be on holidays at disney!!!

Sports only has 3 floors
The elevators are in the middle of the buildings

If you look on wdw website, you can see the layout of the buildings

That can give you a decent idea of which building would be a fit for you

Preferred buildings are surfs up and touchdown
Both have 2 separate buildings
Thanks, guess I dont want to be on the 4th floor then!!!!

Only did it twice

Some past years I booked the free dining plan counter service, and did not come out ahead
Lost the discount on my room and what I paid for the package did not work well for me

Should say I go solo but if I had my kids with me, it would be great with a dining plan during free dining bookings

I remember the days when hubby, me, and the two sons would stay at Sports and get the regular dining plan for free during the promo.
Only did it twice

I can remember the days when hubby, I, and the two sons used to stay at Sports and get the free regular dining plan during the promo. We used to sweat out butts off as this was in the end of September. You are correct: it does benefit a larger family, especially one with teenage boys. I added the plan and figured at least my food was paid for the most part.

It is always great to have almost all of the food portion of the vacation covered in advance

This year I have been buying a Disney gift card each time I grocery shop
All together I now have $275 of gc which I will use mainly for food

I still have time to buy more before my trip

It is always great to have almost all of the food portion of the vacation covered in advance

This year I have been buying a Disney gift card each time I grocery shop
All together I now have $275 of gc which I will use mainly for food

I still have time to buy more before my trip

I have been buying the gift cards as well. $25 each time I go grocery shopping. That is to cover my booze and snacks in EPCOT during the F&W.

We are on route and I wasn't thinking!! And now need some info. I should have bought my bottle of baileys in vancouver before we left but didn't want to lug it with me to change planes. Problem is I forgot you have to be international to buy duty free

Anyone know if they happen to sell small bottles of baileys at the resort? Or where the closest place I could get some? It's not a deal breaker but I packed a coffee maker haha just so I could have baileys and coffee in the room

Does anyone know the route of the DME from MCO to ASSports? Debating on renting a car for our late night arrival if it means I can get to bed sooner!

We are on route and I wasn't thinking!! And now need some info. I should have bought my bottle of baileys in vancouver before we left but didn't want to lug it with me to change planes. Problem is I forgot you have to be international to buy duty free

Anyone know if they happen to sell small bottles of baileys at the resort? Or where the closest place I could get some? It's not a deal breaker but I packed a coffee maker haha just so I could have baileys and coffee in the room
They sell small bottles in the gift shop. Not sure if baileys is one of the brands they have.

Anyone there now that can tell me if the mugs in the food court have the handles or not. I read some of the resorts never went to the handleless mugs because of inventory left of the handled ones.

Does anyone know the route of the DME from MCO to ASSports? Debating on renting a car for our late night arrival if it means I can get to bed sooner!
The "most likely" route is OIA to Coronado Springs to All-Star Sports to All-Star Music to All-Star Movies,although on my last trip DME went to the All-Stars first and then to CSR.:)

The "most likely" route is OIA to Coronado Springs to All-Star Sports to All-Star Music to All-Star Movies,although on my last trip DME went to the All-Stars first and then to CSR.:)

Thank you! That is good news! :yay:

@chinarider- I just departed, having paid for that exact room. A great standard room (mine) was Room 5333, 2 double beds, end of the row (so no kids screaming past your window), right next to the staircase, intersecting with the preferred rooms of Surf's Up. Request that one or 5332 (right behind it) for a winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter