• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Glad I found this. I just came back 2 weeks ago from my 1st trip and was planning on doing a solo trip in October of 2016 and when I mentioned it to a friend, she wants to go so we really want to do a budget trip, especially since I just came back. (we’re both single so living paycheck to paycheck but need vacations) lol I see that the All Star Sports is the cheapest and I was wondering how it would be but you are giving pretty good reviews. We stayed in a timeshare a few weeks ago but I’d really prefer to stay on Disney property for my next trip.

We just returned from 8 days at ASSports and it was our first stay at a Value, mainly due to needing two rooms for the five adults and this working out to be the most budget friendly.

We didn't get the section we requested (Football) but they did get us connecting rooms in Hoops. The way we ended up setting things up under two reservations also messed a bit with our Magic Bands. She warned us to make certain we only swiped to get into the room our name was on, else the Dining Plan would become inactive (??). So we were careful to not go into the connecting room's door altogether each time.

The area in Hoops we stayed in was quiet and lush with greenery. Cutting through the center walkway of one of the Surfs Up buildings, the walk from our door to the Food Court was under 5 minutes.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Honestly, having staying in Riverside and POFQ, I couldn't tell you where the extra room is except for the double sink vanity. And since we had two connecting bathrooms, not a problem.

Beds were very comfy, but if you're like us, you'll need to ask for more pillows as they are a bit small/flat. Our main complaint was that the thermostat could not be adjusted down below 68° and we like to sleep colder than that.

The main place where I could see the differences from the Deluxe and Moderate categories were the toiletries and towels (and not having a coffee maker at all in the rooms.) In Deluxe you get something like Grapefruit Bergamot scented shampoo and conditioner and lotion with thick towels and glass mugs + water glasses. In Moderate, you get Orange scented shampp and condition and lotion with less thick towels and paper mugs but real glasses. In Value, you get a single shampoo/conditioner combination, no lotion, really thin scratchy towels, no mugs (no coffee maker) and plastic water cups.

If that's not the kind of thing you care about, I think you'll be just fine even if you've never stayed at a Value resort and are wondering how different it is.

The bathroom light has some weird horror movie thing going on where it does this strange flicker before it comes on and the bathrooms themselves show the most obvious places where the rooms' color schemes have changed over the years but the money wasn't spent to really alter the bath to match. The shower tile is a red, white, and blue but the bathroom floor is a kind of dingy brownish color, while the rest of the room has been painted in a rather bright orange/citrus-y palette. Meh. It's a bathroom that's clean and works. Water pressure is fantastic. Toilets are loud.

Single-ply toilet paper. Be warned or bring your own. We stopped in at the Poly one night and my daughter and I had both had the same fleeting thought as we used their bathrooms: oooh, I just take a roll of this back with me! (We didn't.)

Bus service was great, direct to all the parks without stopping at Music or Movies going, a few shared on the way back, but not many. Only Disney Springs did pick-up through all three before proceeding to the destination, and the couple of times we used that one, it was close to an hour total wait/drive/drop time at the bus stop.

Boards on the bus times are super helpful, especially if someone in your party wonders whether they better dash to the bathroom before the bus arrives. (In our party, there seemed to always be at least one).

Food Court was way better than I'd expected. One night I had a really fantastic piece of Mahi as the special, other nights were the very flavorful Salmon that was always on the menu, nice sides to choose from, big salads. That's at the center stop in the Food Court, which also seemed to always be the least crowded. Son liked the Smoothie Bar, too. This was our first time on the Quick Service Dining Plan and it was very much worth it. With each entree (that had a couple of sides usually on the plate), plus a bottled drink, plus the refill mug included in the plan, plus a dessert, we had plenty of food all the time.

Hope that helps!

Checked in late last night. We got a text around noon yesterday saying our room wasn't ready yet. We never got another text or email about our room all day. We went on to DHS and stayed there until about 11:00. Our bathroom had long dark hairs all over it. I found a penny and some trash on the floor. We are in the Touchdown section facing the football field and there were boys playing football until midnight. Cute section, but not quiet.

We are in the Touchdown section facing the football field and there were boys playing football until midnight. Cute section, but not quiet.

Yes,Mickey Mouse Field(my name for it) usually has quite a bit of "activity".:)

16693918794_11810ab402_z.jpg

Look up your dates for the February 20th and it looks like you should be in the clear from any group competitions. The AmeriCheer competitions dont start until 2/27.

Where do you go to look up dates for group competitions? We're booked there for the end of May. We've never stayed at Sports before. I'd just like to know what to expect is all. We'd like to request Touchdown as my kids are football crazy, but I would like to avoid a concussion from errant footballs. :p

Yes, that is how it looked the past two nights at midnight! We just close the door and turn up the tv. Thankfully we sleep with the tv on anyway, so noise doesn't bother us too much.

I noticed this picture was taken on 4/25. I arrived on 4/28 and didn't see or hear any of this. It can really change fast, and it is good to check the calendar. The worst I ever had was the first full wk of Dec. football players. I honestly don't think I'd do a free trip that week again at ASSP. Other people have tolerated it just fine though. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter