Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I noticed this picture was taken on 4/25. I arrived on 4/28 and didn't see or hear any of this. It can really change fast, and it is good to check the calendar. The worst I ever had was the first full wk of Dec. football players. I honestly don't think I'd do a free trip that week again at ASSP. Other people have tolerated it just fine though. :crazy2:

I stayed at AS Sports during the last week of April, what a disaster. I made the mistake of not booking a preferred room and was stuck on the 3rd floor of the hoops hotel surrounded by teenagers in the cheering competition going on. The POP Warner kids staying at the values in December are angels compared to the teens that stayed there during my stay in April.

I have 2 rooms booked (my bro, nephew, and I and my parents in another). When I made the reservations I told them that I wanted connecting rooms (I know no guarantee). The other day I did online check in and chose close to transportation for both rooms. Do you think I'd be better off unchecking that or do you think they'll give us the closest connecting rooms (if available) to the buses? I know it's not a huge resort but wanna be close to the food court for beverages.

I have 2 rooms booked (my bro, nephew, and I and my parents in another). When I made the reservations I told them that I wanted connecting rooms (I know no guarantee). The other day I did online check in and chose close to transportation for both rooms. Do you think I'd be better off unchecking that or do you think they'll give us the closest connecting rooms (if available) to the buses? I know it's not a huge resort but wanna be close to the food court for beverages.
I would make connecting rooms my only request.

Staying for the first time here in april...bringing a car to take to the parks. Which building should I request? It looks like 8 or 9 would be close to parking and also close to the exit for driving to parks. Is that right? Anything else I should know about having a car there? TIA!

Staying for the first time here in april...bringing a car to take to the parks. Which building should I request? It looks like 8 or 9 would be close to parking and also close to the exit for driving to parks. Is that right? Anything else I should know about having a car there? TIA!

We always drive to disney and when I travel with just my granddaughter we often stay at sports and are actually booked to stay there again for our spring break the 3rd week of March. It's super easy to get around and I'm directionally challenged lol. If you have a picky eater or get the late night munchies it's nice being right near the 24 hr McDonald's. Parking on the side of the buildings where you're talking about (by 8 and 9) where it runs into shared parking with allstar music can be packed but I say this based on being there during spring break in March and during the summer but we were in building 6 and it still wasn't horrible even when we had to park at the back of the lot. In April it will probably only be an issue if you're there the last weekend of the month during cheer and dance worlds. We really like how the main pool is right next to the food court unlike some of the other resorts. Makes it super easy to use.

Alright folks would you say preferred is worth it? Looking at staying during Wine & Dine half (November). We typically spring for preferred at Pop, but in my previous trips we've just requested Touchdown and near transportation. Seems like parts of Touchdown and Hoops are as close to Stadium Hall and the bus stops as Surfs' Up. Thoughts?

Alright folks would you say preferred is worth it? Looking at staying during Wine & Dine half (November). We typically spring for preferred at Pop, but in my previous trips we've just requested Touchdown and near transportation. Seems like parts of Touchdown and Hoops are as close to Stadium Hall and the bus stops as Surfs' Up. Thoughts?

IMHO, paying extra for preferred is not worth it at any WDW resort. And especially at Sports no room is that far from the Food Court and buses.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think preferred is worth the extra cost at any value resort. It's only a couple of extra minutes to the food court and transportation.

When I take my granddaughter over the summer I go ahead and book a preferred room. I always book our rooms with some form of discount and the additional money isn't that much for a preferred room. It's the only time I do it because she loves doing a lot of pool time and I like being able to run back to the room if I forget something etc and we like the proximity to the food court. My granddaughter took the pic I've attached here. It was a preferred room at sports in building 1. It's our view of the pool from our room. We were on the ground floor but I can't remember what the room number was (it was spring break or summer in 2014). You'd get to the food court toward the left in the pic behind the pool. The blue overhang is the pool bar. There's an entrance to the food court next to it. For me it's also worth it because I travel alone with my granddaughter (she's turning 12 this month) and either of us can run over to the food court if we want or need to.

IMHO Preferred is worth it if you get one of the rooms like the one pictured above,BUT some of the Preferred Rooms are actually FARTHER from Stadium Hall and the Bus Stops than some of the rooms in Touchdown!.:)

(In the picture above you can see Touchdown! past the Pool.)

Well, I've booked through our travel agent with a request for Touchdown. We've stayed here twice before and had a good trip both times and it just feels like the right fit for a RunDisney based trip. I do fully admit that if a discount comes out I may switch resorts...

We stayed 9 nights at Sports for the Marathon weekend and overall thought it was great. Our room was in the Football/Touchdown section, very close to the main building. We requested it and 3rd floor and got both.

Bus service was fine. We did stop sometimes at Music and Movies after we were picked up, but then we were first off coming back from the parks.

For the races bus service was great too, we didn't share in the morning and then coming back from the races were first off so that was nice.

Our room was always clean with even extra towels after a rainy day, plenty of wash cloths and cups too.

We only ate one meal in the foodcourt, a pizza, and it was good, no complaints on it. We bought refillable mugs and some of the drink stations didn't work so that was annoying, but overall it was okay. We liked how the shop had Entemenn donuts so we bought multiple boxes of those for breakfasts.

We have stayed at POP the most and while we love POP, we would stay at Sports again as I really liked how it was smaller than Pop and not as crazy in the food court ever. Granted this was a slow time of year for the most part so can't compare to the busy summer time or if lots of large groups stay there.

Didn't use the pool ever as it was too cool.

Oh and it was very odd not having a clock in the room. We always use wake up call so didn't need an alarm, but I like having where I can see the time in the middle of the night without having to fumble around for my phone to check.

We could here the 8:00pm Studios fireworks the nights we were back early before the races, but it wasn't bad as we weren't actually sleeping yet.

So, overall we really enjoyed Sports.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter