Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I'm really hoping we'll snag one of those kings in 2 weeks! :yay:

i requested a king bed before at sports and got it.

thing i didn't like about it was that it's a handicap room.

no tub, just a shower in the bathroom that has a vinyl shower curtain.
and a shower bench.

the bathroom flood was like a flood when i showered.......

don't know if all the king beds are handicap rooms,
but i'll never request a king bed again there.

Now a question about the pools. Are any kind of water toys allowed? I'm wondering what there is for the kids to do in the water since there is no slide.

i requested a king bed before at sports and got it.

thing i didn't like about it was that it's a handicap room.

no tub, just a shower in the bathroom that has a vinyl shower curtain.
and a shower bench.

the bathroom flood was like a flood when i showered.......

don't know if all the king beds are handicap rooms,
but i'll never request a king bed again there.

Thanks for the info, macraven! I've heard that a lot of the King beds do have the roll-in showers. I'm not sure what we'll think of it, but I'll post a review if we get a chance to try it out :)

Now a question about the pools. Are any kind of water toys allowed? I'm wondering what there is for the kids to do in the water since there is no slide.

I've seen kids with beach balls and those little foam footballs. Stuff like that. I don't believe you can bring in water noodles or floats. At least I've never seen them there.

Do these rooms have a refrigerator and coffee maker? I read in the Unofficial Guide book, that there was no coffee maker, so just checking....TIA

Last edited:
Do these rooms have a refrigerator and coffee maker? I read in the Unofficial Guide book, that there was no coffee maker, so just checking....TIA
No coffee maker. But yes there is a mini fridge. Think similar to a tiny dorm fridge drink cooler you see at Walmart.

We just returned from the hotel, and we saw lots of beach balls and a noodle. They didn't sell the noodles in the gift shop, but when we stayed at Pop they sold them and no problem. We saw other water toys being used. I told my daughter we were not taking our noodle since we only had one swim day.

FYI - I thought it would be a slower time of the year, and I felt like I was in a High School Musical production. There were tons of kids there for mid-week senior trips and high school business class trips, but I will say they were all well-behaved and not loud or obnoxious.

I believe if you have the resort refillable mug (you can either buy it or it's included if you are on the dining plan) you can walk down to the food court and fill that with coffee. That's what I plan on doing, I need my morning caffeine fix. ;)

right !

the reillable mug is valid for coffee, sodas and i believe the lemonade which was there one time i went.

if you aren't on the ddp, you can buy the mug for your stay.

bonus info: the cost of the mug has gone down a bit, according to the mug stickie! they're 16.49 for the length of stay now!

while we're talking mugs, I remember having the worst time finding soy milk for my coffee (I can drink cream/black, but I prefer a splash of soy). has anyone successfully gotten soy milk for their coffee here? or should I just buy a small container to keep in my room?

i was on a thead, refillable mug, this past week where a poster stated that new price.
and that the 1-2-3 days of usage purchase have been done away with.

i sent a question to Allears and asked them if they heard any news yet on the change.

the peeps posting on the mentioned thread about it, are reliable sources of information and knew they couldn't be wrong.
their site still listed the old prices and number of days you could buy them for at that time.

i'll have to look at the refillable mug thread again.
i'm guessing the single days or 2/3 days are gone now.

it won't be worth it for me to buy the mug for my fall stay.
i use the mug for only coffee in the morning.
it's gonna be cheaper for me to do the coffee paper cup and get the refills with that in the mornings.

came back to add that i did find more info on the resort thread stickie of refillable mugs.
looks like this all happened before 4/6

Last edited:
A week to go and I have got sick. I am barking like an old dog and have chest congestion. I took it easy all weekend and drank lots of orange juice. Got to get rid of this before next Monday.

A week to go and I have got sick. I am barking like an old dog and have chest congestion. I took it easy all weekend and drank lots of orange juice. Got to get rid of this before next Monday.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that! Hope you get to feeling better very quickly. Keep hydrated.

just tell yourself that getting sick before a trip is not in the agenda...

you must get better this week!
pixie dust for you to feel better real soon.....pixiedust:

just tell yourself that getting sick before a trip is not in the agenda...

you must get better this week!
pixie dust for you to feel better real soon.....pixiedust:

Thanks. I don't really feel too bad. I just have chest congestion. I am going to fight this and win:butterfly

bonus info: the cost of the mug has gone down a bit, according to the mug stickie! they're 16.49 for the length of stay now!

Our mugs automatically were good for two weeks even though our stay was 3 nights. Also, there was a night and morning during our stay that the machines were down. They had a Cast Member serving ice and bottled soda in mugs during the outage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter