Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I looked through only a few pages so I apologize for probably repeating this question... But are there microwaves in ANY of the rooms? If so which one so I can possibly request it :) thanks!

My family stayed at All Star Sports for our first visit October 13-19, 2013 to Disney and we loved it. We were worried about no refrigerators or food court, but we walked to All Star Music from the baseball section with no problems. We will be staying here again on our next trip in Dec. 2014. :thumbsup2.

Staying at All Star Sports for the first time when our vacation begins in 4 days.
I've stayed at both Music & Movies and enjoyed my time spent there!
When I found out about the lack of fridges, food court, and arcade, I will admit I was extremely upset! :furious: I was never informed about any of this. I had to find out for myself online. I called and tried to change to a different value resort and nothing was available.
But alas, after reading much of this thread, I believe we will be much happier at Sports anyway due to the lack of crowds. :thumbsup2
We will be spending more time in the parks anyway, and I plan to bring a cooler for our drinks.
I hope we have a good trip!

some of the buildings do have the new fridge.
i was in td 10 in october and had a new working fridge.

I was surprised at the lack of fridge in my room when we checked in last night (Bldg 9). So, no fridge, no real food court, no arcade. Good times. Glad we are only stayed one night before going on to our DVC stay. Also, we waited close to 30 mins for the MK bus just now. Although all the queues were waiting a long time.

Happy to report that we had a great stay at Sports despite no food court or arcade! I was afraid it would put a damper on our vacay. We put in a request for a fridge and we got one!! :)

Hopefully when someone is there and the food court opens up...they will take photos for all of us to see..

We stayed there in May and really enjoyed ourselves...plus we asked for preferred room ...that made it much easier

We checked in later yesterday and I had no idea we would arrive to no food court and no fridge. I have major dietary issues and had to throw my ruined groceries away last night. Now I have to figure out how this will work for the week. Having to shuttle between resorts for food and drinks is going to be a nightmare and waste of time!! They didn't say anything at check in, we just realized it all this morning when we found out starving selves staring into an empty food court.

We checked in later yesterday and I had no idea we would arrive to no food court and no fridge. I have major dietary issues and had to throw my ruined groceries away last night. Now I have to figure out how this will work for the week. Having to shuttle between resorts for food and drinks is going to be a nightmare and waste of time!! They didn't say anything at check in, we just realized it all this morning when we found out starving selves staring into an empty food court.

You should have requested a fridge instead of throwing out your groceries. You still can. Also, they are giving credits for those who do not have a fridge (and don't get one.)

sorry you were caught unaware.

You should have requested a fridge instead of throwing out your groceries. You still can. Also, they are giving credits for those who do not have a fridge (and don't get one.)

sorry you were caught unaware.

I did call when I realized it and was told there were no fridges because they were all recalled. She then added they only had them if you had a medical need but there were none available.

I did call when I realized it and was told there were no fridges because they were all recalled. She then added they only had them if you had a medical need but there were none available.

You called from your room? Alas that got you to a call center that is almost certainly out of state. Going TO the front desk could have yielded a different answer.

You called from your room? Alas that got you to a call center that is almost certainly out of state. Going TO the front desk could have yielded a different answer.

And I learned the hard way on another matter to go to the CONCIERGE desk, not the front desk. They just know better what's going on.

Of course I called from my room, that's where the phone is. It shouldn't be a competition where only the all knowing Internet researching guests get help. We left and are happily at art of animation now.

Of course I called from my room, that's where the phone is. It shouldn't be a competition where only the all knowing Internet researching guests get help. We left and are happily at art of animation now.

I don't totally understand the reply, but at least now you know. It's totally sad that they do it this way, and that they aren't transparent about it. They caused you to throw money away because they didn't tell you. But now you know and you can tell others and hopefully more people will know.

I think people are just trying to help others know what to do in the future.

That said, you've probably hit upon the best solution of all by moving resorts!

Just checked into AS Sports.. Didnt get a KTTW card, dont even want one so i didnt ask ( we have actual tickets from somewhere else) i requested top floor of Touchdown 10 and was granted it and the room has a mini fridge :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter