Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

Have the coffeemakers in the suites been changed to the Cuisinart dual cup that are found in other resorts?

We stayed in the Calypso section...loved how close it was to food court, main pool, and bus stop! Have you looked at Family Suites at AoA? They're much nicer and more spacious.

We stayed in the Calypso section...loved how close it was to food court, main pool, and bus stop! Have you looked at Family Suites at AoA? They're much nicer and more spacious.

Yes, we have but we may have to be as budget friendly as possible! The family suites here are cheaper for sure.:thumbsup2

Can anyone give info about which section is better...Calypso or Jazz?

Yes, we have but we may have to be as budget friendly as possible! The family suites here are cheaper for sure.:thumbsup2

Can anyone give info about which section is better...Calypso or Jazz?

Calypso is closer to food court but Jazz isn't too far so it really isn't anything you need to worry too much about. I would think Jazz might be a bit quieter. I always like to request top floor which would be more important to me than Jazz or Calypso but lots of folks like being on the first floor too.

This was asked before but I didn't see an answer posted.

What kind of coffee pots are in the suites? We stayed at Ft. Wilderness cabins and they had full size pots just wondering if the suites do too.

Thank you

We will be staying at the All Star Music suites in Oct. of 2014. There will be 5 of us. 3 adults, a 16 yr. old, and a 8 yr. old. I am super excited about this trip. It has been way to long for me. t will be the first time for my DS, DD-in-law, and my 8 yr. old DGD. My 16 yr. old DGD was with me in 2007,( stay at the POP). This I my first visit to the Music. I hope I like it as much as the Pop.:yay:

Thinking of a suite for our end of January trip. Family of 5. Haven't stayed at music before; we usually stay at POR. We are usually out early to be at parks at opening, and often close parks. How is bus service for Music to head to and from the parks?

Thinking of a suite for our end of January trip. Family of 5. Haven't stayed at music before; we usually stay at POR. We are usually out early to be at parks at opening, and often close parks. How is bus service for Music to head to and from the parks?

We've never had any issues with the buses at any of the All Stars.

Thanks :-) Does Music share a bus with the other All stars?

Maybe, but in our experience it has only been during very slow times. We have had multiple stays at the All Stars and in all of those stays combined, we only shared a bus twice. Both times was in the middle of the day and there were under 10 people total on the bus. A couple were going to Sports, a couple to Movies and we were going to Music.

So excited! Just booked a week at ASM in Oct of 2014 as part of a 2 week stay (1 week offsite at the Marriott Grande Vista). Looks like the perfect room for our family of 5 to celebrate our last family vacation before our oldest goes off to college. Did I mention I was excited?

I'm so sorry if this has already been answered; I'm just not intelligent to figure out how to search an individual thread! Do the suites have individual temperature controls in each room or is there one thermostat that controls the temp in both the sitting room and the bedroom?

Hi,

We just got back Monday from the Family Suites and had a wonderful time, as always. 2nd time to ASMu, first time in the suites.

Traveling was me::MinnieMo, my mom::MinnieMo, my niece:tinker: and her three kids (10 pirate:4 princess:1 princess:).

We had the free dining but brought a toaster and breakfast foods. We seemed to eat a ton but still had credits at the end.

Our fridge did not work, but they brought us another small one for the other room. They were supposed to replace the bigger one in the kitchen but never did. They said they were having a shortage of refrigerators. We made it work with the smaller one. The coffee maker is a pod type that makes one cup at a time. Its Joffreys coffee in the room and the food court. Its much better than what they had before, but a bit on the strong side.

The rooms were clean and had enough space to store our things. We were in Calypso building ten which faced the pool, but it was not a bother. We had a short walk to the food court, busses and our car. It was such a convenient location.

The queen bed was creaking, but it was comfy. Their blankets are so soft, I wanted to take one. The double fold out bed however was very uncomfortable. They really need to replace that thing. The two single fold outs were much more comfortable. The funny thing about the towels is they are old, but they were so soft!

Ive been reading peoples concerns about fast pass + and I wanted to let people know, we had a very easy time with it and felt that it is an added benefit. I mean I dont know how it would work in high season, but it worked well for us. I thought it was pretty crowded, but that probably due to free dining, F&W and the marathon.

I actually found out about FP+ from this site and had scheduled my FP+ rides before I was even able to customize our bands. I had our bands way before I got the email telling me I could customize them. Because of this forum, I felt I was ahead of the curve the whole time.

I also made the FP+ reservation for be our guest lunch using the link from this forum and it worked!

Getting into the park, the bands worked with the fingerprint, we did not have any glitches.

Using it for rides, food and store purchases always worked, we always got a green mickey. Even the kids could get food, if they knew the password. The ten year old loved getting his own food at the food court.

When we missed a FP+, we could change it at a kiosk. the CM showed me how to change the event first, then change the time. I did it myself at a kiosk two more times through the trip. Last minute changes really can only be done in the park. When a ride closed, I got an email. Oh and the wifi is great at the resort.

I found the whole thing very intuitive and easy to use. We did have KTTW's and used them once for a regular FP. other than that, we waited on some lines.

If anyone has any questions about the family suites or the resort of the FP+, please let me know.

Amy

I'm so sorry if this has already been answered; I'm just not intelligent to figure out how to search an individual thread! Do the suites have individual temperature controls in each room or is there one thermostat that controls the temp in both the sitting room and the bedroom?

Yes, they do.

Where can I find a list of supplies included in the kitchenette? Also, if there is no creamer provided for the coffee, does the food court have those little creamers available there or should I pack our own? Thanks!!

Where can I find a list of supplies included in the kitchenette? Also, if there is no creamer provided for the coffee, does the food court have those little creamers available there or should I pack our own? Thanks!!

They give you paper plates, bowls, individually wrapped utensils, plastic cups, hot cups, paper towels. They give you coffee to start and you can ask for more.
There may have been powdered creamer in the room and some sugar but we brought extra from the food court including the liquid creamers.

Are the pools heated? We will be there Jan 22 till Feb 1, is it unrealistic to think we might swim?

Are the pools heated? We will be there Jan 22 till Feb 1, is it unrealistic to think we might swim?

Yes! They are heated. Well at least the guitar pool was.

You never know about the weather, you could have a really nice day combined with the heated pool, you're good to go:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter