• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

Thanks - I called and verified it. They are in the Jazz building but not the Calypso.
I also told the travel agent that we wouldn't be using her services. Annoying how little she knew.

These counts are from the first page:
Here is some info about the Family Suites:

The Family Suites are located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings.
Calypso Building 1 has 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 has 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 has 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 has 54 suites

Each ASMusic building originally had 64 rooms on each of 3 floors so each building had 192 rooms before the they put in the suites. The suites used 2 rooms each so even buildings 10 and 9 with 54 suites each which used 108 regular rooms still have 84 regular rooms.

The regular (non suite) rooms in Calypso are preferred rooms so only Jazz has standard regular rooms.

Odd question, and if it's already been answered I apologize, but does anyone know if a 15" laptop could fit into the wall safe?

Can anyone tell me if there are any special tricks for the A/C to get the temperature down?? We prefer it cooler at night and some of the resorts the A/C seems to shut off. Thanks

Rockwynd, I do not believe any laptops fit in the wall safe... I do not even believe a nook would fit!!;)

Trying to figure out where to stay next year. Just stayed at the sports in Feb/March with 4 people but next year I'm bringing my nephew who will be 11 with us. I'm thinking we will need a bigger room. Does anybody no the nightly price of the suites? I can't find it anywhere and if it would be better to just get two rooms. It will be me30,dh30, ds3, my mother50 and nephew11

Trying to figure out where to stay next year. Just stayed at the sports in Feb/March with 4 people but next year I'm bringing my nephew who will be 11 with us. I'm thinking we will need a bigger room. Does anybody no the nightly price of the suites? I can't find it anywhere and if it would be better to just get two rooms. It will be me30,dh30, ds3, my mother50 and nephew11

The price will depend on when you go. But it has always been less expensive to get 2 value rooms then the family suite.

Suites are usually a bit more than 2 rooms. As much as I liked the set up for the suites for our family of 5 I think you would be better off booking 2 rooms so that your Mom would have a real bed. The ASMu suites only have one real bed in the bedroom.

Have you considered a suite at AoA? They have a queen in the bedroom, a full size sleep sofa in living room and a table that turns into a full size murphy bed. I think the murphy bed would be much more comfortable for your Mom than the sleep sofa at ASMu. AoA suites are new and the theme of the resort is very cool so they do demand a higher price but you should take a look at them to decide if they might be worth it to you.

I thought about aoa but I'm nervous it will be very crowded. Its still kinda new so it seems to be very popular. When I was waiting for the magical express @ the airport in Feb the aoa line was really really long. Everyone thinks I'm crazy planning another trip when I just came back. LOL.

We booked a family suite and two preferred rooms so we could be sure to be in the Calypso buildings. Since all are in different names, I requested to have them linked. I plan on arriving earlier than the rest of the party so I'll get us all checked in early even if the rooms aren't ready. When the others arrive they can just go pick up their keys.

We booked a family suite and two preferred rooms so we could be sure to be in the Calypso buildings. Since all are in different names, I requested to have them linked. I plan on arriving earlier than the rest of the party so I'll get us all checked in early even if the rooms aren't ready. When the others arrive they can just go pick up their keys.

They won't allow you to check in for the other rooms. Even if your reservations are linked. Your name has to be listed on a room in order to check in for it.

This might have been addressed already but I can't seem to find it. Are the 3 fold out beds in the suites comfortable? Do they have a bar across the mattress like regular fold our sofas? I have the suite booked for the summer for our family of 5 & I want the kids to get a good nights sleep so they are ready to go each morning.

Maybe 2 rooms might be better so everyone gets a real bed?

Thanks @maxiesmom, I called and asked but we know you can get 10 different answers to the same question if you keep calling back. No sweatski any way you look at it.

This might have been addressed already but I can't seem to find it. Are the 3 fold out beds in the suites comfortable? Do they have a bar across the mattress like regular fold our sofas? I have the suite booked for the summer for our family of 5 & I want the kids to get a good nights sleep so they are ready to go each morning.

I debated this for awhile and decided that since 2 connecting rooms aren't guaranteed that I would take a chance on the fold outs being comfy for the teens.

From what I've read on other message boards, the people on those said the fold out beds did not have bars and were very comfy.

I know if they aren't I'll sure be hearing about it from my teenagers.

I thought about aoa but I'm nervous it will be very crowded. Its still kinda new so it seems to be very popular. When I was waiting for the magical express @ the airport in Feb the aoa line was really really long. Everyone thinks I'm crazy planning another trip when I just came back. LOL.

I know I'm crazy so you aren't alone. I did a solo trip in early May, have a family trip coming up in June and already have another solo trip booked for September. All in 2013.

And I should add I had a day in DCA/Disneyland in April 2013 too. :flower3:

I figure I need to get as many trips on my current AP as possible because once my oldest starts college, no more AP's for me for a few years.

I shared the couch fold out with one of my nieces, who was around 14 at the time. We both slept just fine, and I'm kind of fussy when it comes to my bed. My nephew who was already taller than my 5'8 slept on the chair fold out, and he slept fine too. In fact he said he would much rather sleep on the chair fold out then have 2 separate rooms.

Hope this helps a bit.:)

That is awesome to hear that the fold outs are comfortable as I was trying to for that put as well. I will be going with two of my brothers (3 adults in total) and in the past we have got connecting rooms at the Pop but we were looking for something a little different this time. We are going for 15 nights so having a suite with a mini kitchen and a "living room" is going to be great. We stayed at the Pop in one room last year for 15 nights with just two of us for the first 8 nights but then he rest of the stay we had 4 adults in the room but really should have just gotten a suite considering I had a pin code for free dining for all of us in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter