Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

Just a quick question, I am going to assume the family suites don't have dishes in them. If this is the case, should I be buying some disposable stuff? As well, would it be possible to swipe condiments such as syrup from the hotel cafeteria?
They do provide paper plates, cups and bowls are in the suites along with paper towels and plastic silver wear. Not sure what condiments are available in the food court without actually buying the food there.

Ok, so Calypso and Jazz are the buildings where the suites are? Would you say Calypso is the best location? I'm hoping to make our reservation soon and just wanted to note our preference. Thanks Dis friends!
We were in Jazz. It was still relatively close the food court/bus stop. We were there with friends in a standard room and were happy with the location. I think some rooms in Calypso have the potential to be loud right by the pool but it might be nice to be even closer to the food court.

Ok, so Calypso and Jazz are the buildings where the suites are? Would you say Calypso is the best location? I'm hoping to make our reservation soon and just wanted to note our preference. Thanks Dis friends!

We were in Calypso in Sept. and loved it! We were on the 3rd floor and didn't hear any noise from the pool at all. We just loved:love: being so close to everything. Next time we go, I am definitely requesting 3rd floor Calypso. AWESOME!!:banana:

They do provide paper plates, cups and bowls are in the suites along with paper towels and plastic silver wear. Not sure what condiments are available in the food court without actually buying the food there.

We were in Jazz. It was still relatively close the food court/bus stop. We were there with friends in a standard room and were happy with the location. I think some rooms in Calypso have the potential to be loud right by the pool but it might be nice to be even closer to the food court.

We were in Calypso in Sept. and loved it! We were on the 3rd floor and didn't hear any noise from the pool at all. We just loved:love: being so close to everything. Next time we go, I am definitely requesting 3rd floor Calypso. AWESOME!!:banana:

Thank you so much, both of you! :goodvibes

We found this to be true for rooms in Calypso facing the pool.

On both stays, I made the same request - Calypso, no pool view. On our first trip, we were in Calypso, first floor, facing greenery, and we loved it. Other than a little bit of foot traffic to the parking lot, it was nice and quiet.

On our second trip, we were in Calypso, 3rd floor, over the pool. We did not like it as much. There is/was a DJ at the pool most of the day, and her/his voice made it difficult to nap. I was surprised how much noise did not come through the door, and the music was kind of a dull noise (not a problem). We were trying to nap one afternoon before MVMCP. Next time, my first request will be "no pool view" (that may be my only request!).

Calypso is closest to the front of the resort (food court and bus stops).

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmusicmap.htm

I also wanted to add that the resort provides 6 of each (paper plates, etc.) since 6 people can stay in the room and two types of cups (Styrofoam for coffee and paper cups). These were replenished each day!

so if we just request Calypso - No pool view - we should be fine as far as being close to the main building but not getting any noise? Not that I expect the pool to be hopping anyways when we go in Feb/March but still, we go to bed early and don't want to be woken up by gaggles of giggling cheerleaders or whatever who are walking past Calypso to get to their rooms.

Yes, if you request Calypso not facing the pool (which is what we had) you should be just fine. We faced the woods and the parking lot was off in the distance. Very quiet and peaceful!

Does anyone know if you can hook up a small DVD player to the televisions in the family suites? Since the television channels in the WDW resorts are limited it would be nice to be able to watch a few DVDs during our week stay (we plan on going back to the resort in the afternoons for naps/breaks and also want to have a couple evenings of downtime at the resort).

In case anyone is interested I was just able to use the brand new pin code that arrived in the mail and apply the 35% off discount to a Family Suite for November 2011 dates!

In case anyone is interested I was just able to use the brand new pin code that arrived in the mail and apply the 35% off discount to a Family Suite for November 2011 dates!
Congrats!!! That's not the public code right? We are looking at the ASMu FS for a future trip & that 35% would push us over the edge I think!;):laughing:

I was getting ready to place my Garden Grocer order when I decided to check on the size of the fridge and I'm glad I did........ is that the fridge under the sinK???? It's one of those teeny, tiny fridges? Yikes, I was planning to order 2 gallons of milk and lots of fruit, I guess not........ Can a half gallon even fit in there?

I am not sure the full gallon jugs would fit unless you removed one of the shelves (and maybe not even then)...to be on the safe side after we saw the fridge we went out to the grocery store and bought half gallons of milk and juice and the half gallons fit just fine. I seem to remember that they fit on the door.

Just read your post again...the fridge is small but not one of those teeny tiny ones...there is actually plenty of room...just kind of limited for milk storage...and the kitchenette has plenty of shelf space which comes in handy too...

I am starting to consider this family suites for our July trip. How is the food court there? Would the pool and activities be too young for a 13 year-old or would she enjoy it, too. We would be travelling at the end of July with me, dh, 13 year-old dd, 10 year-old dd, and 6 year-old dd. We have never stayed at a value before so I am a little nervous. Deciding between this and BWI or BC, which would be $300 more. We would have a rental car. Hmmm....

Just read your post again...the fridge is small but not one of those teeny tiny ones...there is actually plenty of room...just kind of limited for milk storage...and the kitchenette has plenty of shelf space which comes in handy too...

that's fine, the milk is the main concern. Some of the fruit can stay on the counters anyways and we won't have much other stuff to refrigerate, just stuff like butter, cream cheese, etc. The biggest thing we need it for is milk and water. I'm glad I found out that it won't fit gallon jugs, but you think half gallon will fit?

Yes, several half gallons will fit at the same time...I think we had two half gallons of milk and a half galon of Orange Juice and that all fit on the rack on the door at the same time just fine...The rack is not wide enough to fit the full gallons, so that is why I said that to fit them would require removing one of the shelves in the fridge...

Lauren,

We really liked ASMu and the family suites, but used the pool only once and the children in our group were 6,5 and 2 so can't comment about it's suitability for teens, although it certainly looked like everyone at the pool was having a great time. The food court is fine-nothing special (but I'm not any of them are) and typical Disney-overpriced. We ate breakfast in the family suite every day which worked out so well, then lunch in the park and dinner out or at the food court. There is also a McDonalds very close to ASMu-a short drive or you could even walk.

Lauren,

If you can do the Beach Club etc. for only $300 more I'd do it. I've been pricing like mad and ours would be a lot more than that (6 people, need a 2bdrm suite at a Villa) to get the right bed setup. From what I've read the "food court" idea at the values is a little easier than going out of the BC/BW area for food.

If "pool stuff" is a big factor, consider this: the Beach Club pool is pretty awesome. The extra money you spend to stay there could eliminate the cost of going to a water park, ending up almost even.

PHXscuba

Lauren,

If you can do the Beach Club etc. for only $300 more I'd do it. I've been pricing like mad and ours would be a lot more than that (6 people, need a 2bdrm suite at a Villa) to get the right bed setup. From what I've read the "food court" idea at the values is a little easier than going out of the BC/BW area for food.

If "pool stuff" is a big factor, consider this: the Beach Club pool is pretty awesome. The extra money you spend to stay there could eliminate the cost of going to a water park, ending up almost even.

PHXscuba

Thanks for commenting on this. My almost 13 year-old is completely spazzing out on me right now since she wants to stay at a deluxe - I keep reminding her she does not pay the bills but that isn't making a difference in her mind. :rolleyes: I was considering the ASMu family suites for the sake of extra space and less money. Since we will have a rental car, we would not have to rely on busses. Since we would not be staying in a prime location, I would probably scale back to base tickets and that would knock another $300 off the total, making the difference more like $600. Not sure what to, still deciding...

Thanks for commenting on this. My almost 13 year-old is completely spazzing out on me right now since she wants to stay at a deluxe - I keep reminding her she does not pay the bills but that isn't making a difference in her mind. :rolleyes: I was considering the ASMu family suites for the sake of extra space and less money. Since we will have a rental car, we would not have to rely on busses. Since we would not be staying in a prime location, I would probably scale back to base tickets and that would knock another $300 off the total, making the difference more like $600. Not sure what to, still deciding...

My 12 and 13 year old kids loved All Star Music. My 13 year old daughter spent a lot of time walking around taking pictures of the big icons, which she loved, especially the Broadway section. I think it's a very fun resort for young teens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter