Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

The ottoman is described as "junior" - not quite the size of a twin bed. I wouldn't put an adult in it, but a child fits fine. The chair is a twin. The sofa is a full.

Perfect! Just what I hoped to hear. The ottoman can go in the bedroom for DD (3), DS will sleep in the bed in there, I will sleep in the twin in the living room and DH can sleep on the full/sofa.

thanks for the info! I can't wait to stay in family suites in all-star Music on Jan 2011!

how easy is it to get from ASMU to ASMO? Walk? Bus? I was just looking at pics of the Dalmation and Toy Story buildings at ASMO and DS & DD started whining saying they want to stay there. :sad1: I would have loved to stay there but we need a suite.... anyways, I figure I'll plan for us to visit ASMO one day.

how easy is it to get from ASMU to ASMO? Walk? Bus? I was just looking at pics of the Dalmation and Toy Story buildings at ASMO and DS & DD started whining saying they want to stay there. :sad1: I would have loved to stay there but we need a suite.... anyways, I figure I'll plan for us to visit ASMO one day.

Very easy walk! Look at this map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/ASMapMusic.pdf The suites are all in buildings 1/2/9/10. If you look at the bottom left corner of the map you'll see a map of the entire All Star complex. You'll see how music & movies are virtually touching each other.

The food court at movies offers a few things they didn't have at music (when I was there in 2008) so we walked over there one night for dinner then had fun seeing all the statues (and photo ops) there.

Oh...and we really loved the set up of the suites so I don't think you made a mistake booking there.

We were in building one of ASMu and easily walked over to ASMO. You won't be sorry you are staying at ASMu-the suites are wonderful with lots of room, and the pool area is great with evening movies and pool games-if you are planning on spending time at the pool you will really appreciate it.

thanks. this has just dampened my excitement a bit as when I was first planning last year (didn't know anything about any of the resorts at the time) I thought ASMO looked awesome and *exactly* the type of place we would love..... only to find they don't have suites there. Then I got into planning and forgot about it....

I can NOT WAIT for the Animation Suites to open. It looks absolutely perfect for young kids.

We are considering going back to Disney in 2011. It would be my husband and I and our 6 kids. I am considering either two rooms at POR or a Family Suite and one room ASM. Can anyone tell me how close the regular rooms are to the Family Suites? Thanks! :)

Read the OP's post and thats it so if this is a repeat I am sorry.

Thank you for this post x10000

Saw that WDW was doing a "special" next year where you get the dining plan for free. No going but figured why not see what a trip would cost so we can start saving and hopefully get in on the next one. Well when I looked online it gave me this room or Port Orleans Riverside. I was a bit confused at why it wouldn't let me book a regular room at All Stars. And this room versus Port Orleans is a $600 difference(10 days in Sept all other things being equal).

I think the second bath is worth half that and the second tv is worth the other half. Then I get a micro, fridge, a queen size bed and privacy.

Yeah next trip I will be booking this room for sure.

Also thanks for the heads up on the pools. Last trip we stayed atthe movies down by Woody and Buzz and used the Fantasia pool and didn't realize there was 2 pools.

Also whats great about these rooms is the laundry area(atleast movies) kid played in the pool while we did laundry as its by the Fantasia pool. Less clothes means no checked bags which equals money saved.

Beth,

The buildings the family suites are in have a mixture of suites and preferred rooms-all family suites are located in the Preferred buildings which are closer to the lobby. Our kids, their spouses and grandkids had family suites 506 and 504 in the Calypso Building, and next to it was 502 which was a regular hotel room (it is considered preferred). We were in 520 which was close but on the other side of the building.

Good luck!

i really wanted to stay in Family suites at AsMu this is our first time in the Family suites for Jan 2011!

Well when I looked online it gave me this room or Port Orleans Riverside. I was a bit confused at why it wouldn't let me book a regular room at All Stars. I think the second bath is worth half that and the second tv is worth the other half. Then I get a micro, fridge, a queen size bed and privacy.

The reason it wouldn't let you book a regular room is b/c there are 5 of you in your family. The only value/mod. room you can get is either POR or ASMu FS ;) They are the only ones that can accomodate 5 people.

We're taking the plunge this year and switching to the Family Suites! We've stayed at the Beach Club for the past few years, but decided to save some money this year. I wasn't so sure about it, but after reading just a few posts, my girls and I are very excited about staying here in September! :cool1:

We have recently returned from our stay at the Family Suites and my family of five gives it a HUGE 10 thumbs up! We loved it. The layout was perfect, the kitchenette was a huge plus, and you cannot beat 2 bathrooms and 2 TVs for family harmony. We loved the pools, the grounds, the food court... everything! We had a great stay and I don't think we could ever squeeze into one tiny room again. LOVE THE FAMILY SUITES!

I haven't read all the way through the thread, so I apologize if this has been addressed. If a discount (like 7 for 4, free dining, or a code) comes out, do the suites get the discount? If it is value specific do they get the value rate even though they cost more?

Yes, subject to availability the discount programs do apply to Family Suites as well as value rooms. We went in November and used a 25% off discount (free dining was not offered during our time period). We had three rooms including a family suite and the suite got the 25% discount too, but the suite rates start off much higher (about twice the rate of the regular value rooms) so the discount is taken off that hgher rate.

Just a quick question, I am going to assume the family suites don't have dishes in them. If this is the case, should I be buying some disposable stuff? As well, would it be possible to swipe condiments such as syrup from the hotel cafeteria?

Ok, so Calypso and Jazz are the buildings where the suites are? Would you say Calypso is the best location? I'm hoping to make our reservation soon and just wanted to note our preference. Thanks Dis friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter