Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

No problem! We've stayed at every level, so ask away!

You might regret this!
We are staying over Memorial Day Weekend and this is our first time to stay at the values. We are an early to rise bunch who will hit the parks all day but when we come back at night the boys like to swim. DM has knee problems so we would like something close to the pools and bus stops. Any suggestions? Also, any tips about the bus schedule? How long is travel time between the different parks and also to DTD?
Favorite foods in the food court?
TIA!

You might regret this!
We are staying over Memorial Day Weekend and this is our first time to stay at the values. We are an early to rise bunch who will hit the parks all day but when we come back at night the boys like to swim. DM has knee problems so we would like something close to the pools and bus stops. Any suggestions? Also, any tips about the bus schedule? How long is travel time between the different parks and also to DTD?
Favorite foods in the food court?
TIA!

NO problem. I'm a DIS addict - sorry I didn't get back to you before now!

The family suites are only in Calypso or Jazz. Have you looked at a map of the resort? It's a really simple setup - Celebrity Hall with check-in, store, food court and arcade is at the "top" of the resort, the pools go down the middle, and the buildings are all around in a large "U" around both pools.

There are 10 buildings, so Calypso is at the top of the "U" on either side - Buildings 1 and 10. Then it's Jazz 2 and 9. After that each theme is in a pair around a courtyard or small central area. Each building is in the shape of a "T".

If you're staying in a suite, you'll be in Calypso or Jazz, so you're the closest to the main building. Calypso overlooks the main 3 Cabelleros Guitar Pool, and Jazz is closer to the Quiet Piano Pool. There's a kiddie pool in between them.

The parking lots surround the resort so depending on the location of your room, you either overlook the pool or the parking lot/street. We had a suite overlooking the Mighty Ducks parking lot and the street but it wasn't noisy. The buses don't come back there.

We didn't eat in the food court since we had the suite, we ate in our room a lot. We brought an electric frying pan to cook eggs, tuna melts and grilled cheese, sausage, and burgers. Our mousekeeper even washed it every day for us!

One time we ate dinner from the food court - turkey. It was really tasty. Turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans. Plus we grabbed an adult beverage from the pool bar. You can take your food outside or eat in the food court, which is very big.

Between the entertainment and the space in the family suite, we really recommend All-Star Music. We stayed there the first year it opened and it's still very nice. Although they no longer have the photo of Alice Cooper with the Big Bad Wolf in the lobby!!

We are looking at staying at the Music Suites next summer, can anyone tell me if they were able to take any of the discounts offered this year with the suites or are they only taken on the regular rooms?

Yeah me too! We are looking at staying at the Music Suites this winter, can anyone tell me if they were able to take any of the discounts offered this year with the suites or are they only taken on the regular rooms?

I am traveling with folks who are in a Family Suite, but still can't decide if we should do the Preferred Room or Standard. The difference is $15 per room per night, so for our six night stay that is almost $200 (we need two rooms as we are traveling with family members and we are paying for their room-but don't suggest a family suite-we don't want to be that close...:). Any comments about the size of the resort are welcomed-I think I am leaning towards saving the money!

All-Star Music Family suites is perfect place for large family! I can't wait to stay in this hotel for December 2-5 2010 I hope!

We are looking at staying at the Music Suites next summer, can anyone tell me if they were able to take any of the discounts offered this year with the suites or are they only taken on the regular rooms?

We are going in October this year and was able to use the Kids Stay & Play free offered through Disney Rewards Visa. When I originally booked there were not special offers, the CM told me if there were going to be any they would very limited for the suites. I called the first day the offer came out at 8am. Don't know what would have happened if I waited, but I didn't want to take any chances.

We were able to use the free QSDP when we booked the family suite over Memorial Day weekend.

We are going in October this year and was able to use the Kids Stay & Play free offered through Disney Rewards Visa. When I originally booked there were not special offers, the CM told me if there were going to be any they would very limited for the suites. I called the first day the offer came out at 8am. Don't know what would have happened if I waited, but I didn't want to take any chances.

We were able to use the free QSDP when we booked the family suite over Memorial Day weekend.

Thank you both, this helps

On December 2-5, 2010 we hope to stay in the All-Star Music Family Suites! Oh! Does anyone has a website than allears.net?:cloud9::confused:

Does the resort have elevators?

Just wondering if we should request ground floor because DH can't do many stairs and we will have a stroller as well.

Thanks for keeping up with this thread, experts! A few questions - how far are the family suits from the food court? Also, how long are the pull out chairs? I have very TALL teenagers!

Thanks for keeping up with this thread, experts! A few questions - how far are the family suits from the food court? Also, how long are the pull out chairs? I have very TALL teenagers!

The family suites are within the closest 2 sets of buildings so very close.

I think the chair is slightly smaller than a twin but I am 5' 8" and fit. We never used the ottoman but I think it is a bit smaller.

thanks for the good info! We can't wait to stay in the Family Suites at ASMU on December 2-5, 2010!:cloud9:

Yippe!! We are booked for December 10-17 for the ASMu Suites! Were so excited. DD was looking at the pictures today and picking out her bed today! Lol and we decided that one of the bathrooms were going to be a "all girls bathroom"!! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter