Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

I have searched and searched this thread and can't find a definite answer, so please forgive me if it's been answered!

We (DH, DS 17, DS 16, DS 13) are heading to ASMu for our second trip next year! :banana:

My DS 16 is disabled and we'd really like to move the ottomon bed into the bedroom with us.

Has anyone actually been able to do this?

Thanks!

I have searched and searched this thread and can't find a definite answer, so please forgive me if it's been answered!

We (DH, DS 17, DS 16, DS 13) are heading to ASMu for our second trip next year! :banana:

My DS 16 is disabled and we'd really like to move the ottomon bed into the bedroom with us.

Thanks!

I thought I read that someone on this thread was able to do that but having stayed there I would say it would NOT be easy.

Also how big is your DS? We didn't actually use the ottomon but I didn't think it was quite as big as a twin bed. You might be better off bringing a twin size aero bed or other inflatable matress with you.

I thought I read that someone on this thread was able to do that but having stayed there I would say it would NOT be easy.

Also how big is your DS? We didn't actually use the ottomon but I didn't think it was quite as big as a twin bed. You might be better off bringing a twin size aero bed or other inflatable matress with you.

Son is about 5'4" and weighs about 115 lbs. He just likes to go to bed before the rest of us and I really like having him close in case he needs us in the middle of the night. I guess it's really mainly for piece of mind for me, not necessarily because he particularly needs to be in there with us. I just think I'd sleep better if he were in with us. I guess I'm over protective! :rolleyes:

Son is about 5'4" and weighs about 115 lbs. He just likes to go to bed before the rest of us and I really like having him close in case he needs us in the middle of the night. I guess it's really mainly for piece of mind for me, not necessarily because he particularly needs to be in there with us. I just think I'd sleep better if he were in with us. I guess I'm over protective! :rolleyes:

Sounds like he would fit on the ottoman.

Hopefully someone else will respond with how hard it would be to get it into the bedroom. First you would have to get it through the bedroom then you would have to get it past the amoire to the other side of the bed where I think it would fit.

Thanks!

We tried to move it in last year, but didn't have any luck (and it wasn't that important to kill ourselves doing it). I think we determined that if you put it on it's side, you could squeeze it through the door.

We are going back again in 1 month, I'll see if it can be pushed through and then come back and report to you if we had any luck!!

Your son should do fine on it... it is a twin size bed when it is fully opened. My DS#2 slept on it, with my DD#3 on the chair bed (to give her "rails" so she wouldn't fall off).

I asked this same question about a year ago and never really got an answer.

Well, last April we stayed in an All Star Music Suite and were able to move the ottoman fold out bed into the master bedroom. The only trick was that you had to tilt it sideways to get it through the bedroom door. It really was quite easy. After that, it fit no problem.

Enjoy your stay.

I asked this same question about a year ago and never really got an answer.

Well, last April we stayed in an All Star Music Suite and were able to move the ottoman fold out bed into the master bedroom. The only trick was that you had to tilt it sideways to get it through the bedroom door. It really was quite easy. After that, it fit no problem.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks so much!

We just got home and we had no problem moving the ottamen bed into the master bedroom...the first night our 2 1/2 yr old slept on it and after that I slept on it - I am 5'10" and "heavy" and I slept ok on it - my feet hung off some but I sleep like that all the time anyway. :goodvibes

We loved the family suite and are planning another trip in December...it was my husband and myself, our two boys (ages 7 and 2 1/2) and my MIL...hope that helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions!! ;)

Michelle

In September we will be staying at ASMu in a family suite. We would like to stay in a Calypso building. Can anyone give me some room numbers with good views that we could request? Thanks :)

In September we will be staying at ASMu in a family suite. We would like to stay in a Calypso building. Can anyone give me some room numbers with good views that we could request? Thanks :)

It is easier for the CMs to find you a room if they know what you are looking for. If you get too specific, they really don't know what you want and it is difficult for them to fulfill your request.

List your first request first. If it is most important for you to be in Calypso, then that should be your first request. If it is more important for you to have a room that is not facing the pool, then that should be your first request. There aren't really any views. With Calypso buildings, you either face the interior of the resort, which is the pool and walkway in the case of Calypso, or greenery and other buildings.

On one stay, we had a room in a Calypso building on the first floor facing greenery. It was perfect. It was quiet with only a little foot traffic to the parking lot. On the second visit, I requested Calypso and not facing the pool. Well, we ended up in Calypso facing the pool on the third floor (which wasn't too bad - first floor would have been worse). The pool area can get quite loud with music and DJs throughout the day and evening. I would have preferred a room in the Jazz building facing anything to one in Calypso that overlooks the pool.

So, you just need to decide what is most important to you - floor, facing pool or not, building? And make your requests in order of importance.

My family & I are think of staying in the suites either in November or February.
Thanks for the great info!

staying in a suite in August :yay: I can't wait.

Hope the pull out beds are still comfy.... anyone been in the last few months?

We're thinking about trying the suites for Marathon Weekend. How far a trek is it between the different AS food courts if we wanted to try one of the others out ?

We can't wait to stay in the Family Suites at All-Star Music! Oh! One more thing does the All-Star music has outdoor movies at ASMU!:cloud9:

We stayed at ASMu last August and booked bounceback in the SUites for this August! I can't wait!!!! Two bathrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lovestruc

We're thinking about trying the suites for Marathon Weekend. How far a trek is it between the different AS food courts if we wanted to try one of the others out ?

If you stay in Calypso 10 or Jazz 9, you are right next door to Movies, not far at all. Calypso 1 or Jazz 2 are across the lot from Sports, although I think that's a little farther.

We stayed in Calypso 10 and our parking lot was the Movies Mighty Ducks lot. They are all woven together.

If you stay in Calypso 10 or Jazz 9, you are right next door to Movies, not far at all. Calypso 1 or Jazz 2 are across the lot from Sports, although I think that's a little farther.

Sharadoc... Thanks for the info. This will be our first stay at any of the Values, so I'm trying to do as much reconnaissance as possible ! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter