Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

My DD also loved the activities that happened by the pool every afternoon as well. They were fun for all ages...tip..make sure you have your Camara handy!!!!!!..we are excited for our trip this Oct!...also check out the real Herbie car from the original movie in the "Herbie" section!...
I knew there was a "Herbie," but I didn't know it was an actual one from the movie. That's pretty cool. I wonder if my DD11 would like those movies? Maybe we should have a movie night.

We have all 4 of the original ones and DD 7 loves them! We have movie night with Herbie regularly. She can't wait to "meet " him in Oct!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a planned closure of the World Premiere Food Court for refurb this year? Going in September and would like to know if we'll be affected. Thanks! :flower:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a planned closure of the World Premiere Food Court for refurb this year? Going in September and would like to know if we'll be affected. Thanks! :flower:
No,Premiere is in much beter shape that End Zone and Intermission were and is years away from a similar rebuild.:)

Just back from staying at Movies and the Premier food court was great! Not too crowded, lots of choices, and really good hand dipped ice cream cookie sandwiches.

Forgive me if this has been answered but I can't find the answer. For an accessible room can you get 2 beds? Or do you have to get a king bed?

We are staying at Movies for the first time in November. We have reserved two rooms as were running and hoping for a little sleep after the race. Is it possible to get connecting rooms where one has a king and the other is doubles? I love my husband, but I hate double beds and don't think one will be mighty comfy to share after running 13 miles. Although I guess I could have my own bed if I wanted! ;)

Last edited:
DH and I had a standard connecting room that had a king in the Mighty Ducks section. However I believe there are not many connecting rooms wit that combination. Request it and see what you get. Our king room was not HA.

DH and I had a standard connecting room that had a king in the Mighty Ducks section. However I believe there are not many connecting rooms wit that combination. Request it and see what you get. Our king room was not HA.

Thank you! We have a request in for a king bed room, however we had a change in circumstances and are taking an adults only trip now so we are thinking of upgrading to a moderate! We shall see what we decide, but we did request the king bed room at Movies for now.

Thank you! We have a request in for a king bed room, however we had a change in circumstances and are taking an adults only trip now so we are thinking of upgrading to a moderate! We shall see what we decide, but we did request the king bed room at Movies for now.

We wound up upgrading to POFQ for December as well. DD will likely be joining us for a night so we would prefer 2 queens. However on either the POFQ or CBR thread there has been talks that couples are often pixie dusted to kings. However if it is a priority for you I would book king.

I still love Movies. My younger DD is staying there with her friends next month and is hoping for Mighty Ducks section.

We wound up upgrading to POFQ for December as well. DD will likely be joining us for a night so we would prefer 2 queens. However on either the POFQ or CBR thread there has been talks that couples are often pixie dusted to kings. However if it is a priority for you I would book king.

I still love Movies. My younger DD is staying there with her friends next month and is hoping for Mighty Ducks section.

Yes, I think we are going to upgrade. I was hoping for something with the military discount, but might use some group rates my company has since nothing seems to be available with the military discount. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though as Movies is very affordable, but my husband would prefer to upgrade.

Yes, I think we are going to upgrade. I was hoping for something with the military discount, but might use some group rates my company has since nothing seems to be available with the military discount. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though as Movies is very affordable, but my husband would prefer to upgrade.

That is exactly how I feel. I am more than happy at the values. I went along with DH and upgraded because we are going over New Years so we may actually do some resort time.

Staying here for 1 night of a split stay! so excited to try it out! Love the themed decorations! This may have been answered but I could not find it. sorry if it was. We have a preferred room and my daughter really likes Dalmations but which building is closest to the pool bar area? I think we might like to have a drink before bed with the older watching the younger one. Thanks!

Staying here for 1 night of a split stay! so excited to try it out! Love the themed decorations! This may have been answered but I could not find it. sorry if it was. We have a preferred room and my daughter really likes Dalmations but which building is closest to the pool bar area? I think we might like to have a drink before bed with the older watching the younger one. Thanks!

Building four is closer to the pool bar however there will be rooms in building one that are closer than the furthest rooms in building four. Either building would be just a quick walk.

Building four is closer to the pool bar however there will be rooms in building one that are closer than the furthest rooms in building four. Either building would be just a quick walk.
Awesome! Thank you so much! So it sounds like If I request Dalamations, I may be set for being close to the pool bar and can make the DD happy at the same time! WooHoo! Love when it all comes together!

Are there towels provided at the pool? And what does a preferred room mean? We have always stayed at Port Orleans & are looking to cut cost on a quick trip in Sept. What is the biggest difference in value vs. moderate besides $$$$?

Are there towels provided at the pool?

No. You will have to bring some from your room. You can call housekeeping and ask them to bring you extras.

And what does a preferred room mean?

Preferred rooms are closest to the food court, bus stops and main pool.

What is the biggest difference in value vs. moderate besides $$$$?

Some of the things you will get at a Moderate but not at a Value:

Bigger rooms
Queen beds
Coffee maker in room
Double sinks
Pool slides
Towels at the main pool
Hot tubs
Table Service Restaurant
Multiple covered bus stops
Lusher grounds

No. You will have to bring some from your room. You can call housekeeping and ask them to bring you extras.

Preferred rooms are closest to the food court, bus stops and main pool.

Some of the things you will get at a Moderate but not at a Value:

Bigger rooms
Queen beds
Coffee maker in room
Double sinks
Pool slides
Towels at the main pool
Hot tubs
Table Service Restaurant
Multiple covered bus stops
Lusher grounds
No double sinks in standard rooms at CSR. Ceiling fans at Mods except POR Royal rooms.

HiHo! staying here first-time in Oct/Nov...gotta ask the standard bed-question..are they comfy? soft or hard? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter