Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I read this on the info post
High Speed Internet is now available in the rooms: You will need a cable LAN port available on your computer. No wireless is available at this point, and I don’t know if it is planned. The cost is $9.95 per 24 hour period that you use it, which can be charged to the room. The LAN cable is near the phone on the nightstand. If you want to use your computer on the table, you will have to either move the table or bring an RJ45 barrel- connector and another LAN cable to extend it. I suggest a 20ft cable if you plan on extending it.

This is old info now isn't it?? I thought all room now had wifi??
That's really old info.

Hi! I was wondering what the best location of a non preferred room would be to request? We check in super late, and are looking for the shortest walk to our room, but we're only able to book a standard. Thanks!

Hi! I was wondering what the best location of a non preferred room would be to request? We check in super late, and are looking for the shortest walk to our room, but we're only able to book a standard. Thanks!

I would call and add a room request of "close to Cinema Hall".

Checking in tomorrow for one night before my Disney Cruise on Friday! We have a preferred room booked and only requested to be ground floor near transportation so I guess I'll see what we get!

Considering staying at either Movies or Pop - I'm flip flopping back & forth. We plan to drive to the parks as we will have our vehicle, so other than the buses, what are the pros/cons? THANKS!!

pop has the lake to look at and the walkway along the lake, and you can cross over to art of animation to look around and use the food court (not the pools)
pop has 3 pools. at m ovies, you CAN use the pools at the other 2 all starts as well as the food courts.

pop is lightly more expensive. while movies is often blacked out for the discounts.

How big are the fridges in the room? Are they able to hold a gallon of milk or should I get 2 half gallons for the door? TIA!

My daughter is staying here on a BB in August and I had a hard time finding this thread it dropped so far down.

Hi, We have a stay at ASMo coming up in 22 days! Yay! This will be our first time here, but we have stayed at Sports before. My daughter is excited about the arcade and was wondering if they have tickets and prizes or just play for fun like at Wilderness Lodge. I thought I read they were taking the prize redemption out of the Disney resorts. Have any of you been to the arcade lately?

Like the PP said, I had trouble finding this thread too. When I try to go from the big resort info thread the link seems to be broken.

Thanks for your response EpcotBill. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I wish someone could fix the link. I think more people would read and comment on this thread if it was easier to find.

I am so glad that I found this thread. We will be spending one night at AS Movies before moving to CSR in October. DH and I are really excited to check out this resort, even though it is for one night. This is going to be a surprise trip for my kids and I know they will have a great time swimming in the pool and exploring the resort (they are huge picture takers). We haven't stayed in any of the value resorts before but have visited them from time to time and we have been wanted to try them out. This resort will be a great one to start doing that :goodvibes.

Thanks for your response EpcotBill. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I wish someone could fix the link. I think more people would read and comment on this thread if it was easier to find.
I sent a message to the person who maintains the Resort FAQ sticky so hopefully the link will be fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter