Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We have stayed at two other value resorts(ASMu and POP) and this will be our first stay at ASMo....so looking forward to our visit,yet September still seems so far away
If anyone is there now could you please check the refillable mug drink options for my daughter....she is looking for pomegranate/pink lemonade which they did have at ASMu but not at POP.....also are the new mugs in stock as of yet??
When I made my reservation,I made certain requests yet not a building request as that wasnt really an issue...just wondering though,if we did get put in Love Bug (I asked for top floor and courtyard view),how far a walk is it to the main building....at POP we would bring our breakfast back to the room for DD and it would still be warm as the walk was fairly short...just wondering ??

Thanks for your help:)

We have stayed at two other value resorts(ASMu and POP) and this will be our first stay at ASMo....so looking forward to our visit,yet September still seems so far away
If anyone is there now could you please check the refillable mug drink options for my daughter....she is looking for pomegranate/pink lemonade which they did have at ASMu but not at POP.....also are the new mugs in stock as of yet??
When I made my reservation,I made certain requests yet not a building request as that wasnt really an issue...just wondering though,if we did get put in Love Bug (I asked for top floor and courtyard view),how far a walk is it to the main building....at POP we would bring our breakfast back to the room for DD and it would still be warm as the walk was fairly short...just wondering ??

Some parts of Pop are a much longer walk to the food court than Love Bug.

We were second floor, Love Bug, courtyard view, and the walk to the food court is very manageable. Basically it's walk past two "wing" lengths of the Fantasia building, 1/2 of one overlaps the pool, finish walking past the pool, and you're there.
We were pleasantly surprised by this location...it was very convenient to the pool and main bldg.

Do they sell milk and/or cereal somewhere there? Like a little groceries type section? (More like a quart of milk or box of Cheerios)

Also, what are the hours of the food court?

And does the bus stop have a times display? (A screen that tells when the next bus should arrive, etc.)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Do they sell milk and/or cereal somewhere there? Like a little groceries type section? (More like a quart of milk or box of Cheerios)

Also, what are the hours of the food court?

And does the bus stop have a times display? (A screen that tells when the next bus should arrive, etc.)

Milk in a couple of sizes, yes. Single serve sized cereal, yes, not sure if I've ever seen bigger boxes.

Food court opens in staggered times and closes in staggered times (different food offerings available earlier and later)...approx 7 am to 11 pm (but check the posted times, as I am not sure on the exact times.)

No times display for buses (never have seen that at any WDW resort), but that would be a GREAT idea.

Some of the deluxes and moderates have them.

I saw where they have them at POR at the main stop.

If you want to be close to buses, which section would you request? Which are considered preferred rooms?

If you want to be close to buses, which section would you request? Which are considered preferred rooms?

101 Dalmations, Fantasia and Toy Story are preferred. If not staying preferred your 2 choices are Love Bug and Mighty Ducks. If you're in Mighty Ducks, you are actually closer to the Music bus stop than Movies. We've stayed in the Love Bug section twice and the walk was not bad at all. I would make your request be close to bus stop or close to Cinema Hall.

101 Dalmations, Fantasia and Toy Story are preferred. If not staying preferred your 2 choices are Love Bug and Mighty Ducks. If you're in Mighty Ducks, you are actually closer to the Music bus stop than Movies. We've stayed in the Love Bug section twice and the walk was not bad at all. I would make your request be close to bus stop or close to Cinema Hall.

We never stay preferred, but I always make "close to the bus stop" one of our requests. We usually get a pretty good room location that way.

How are the buses then? I can't remember if I've asked here or not...but do the All Stars typically share? (During the summer)

And any recent room pics? (When was the last refurb?)

How's the food at the food court there?

How are the buses then? I can't remember if I've asked here or not...but do the All Stars typically share? (During the summer)

What I'd say about All-Star bus sharing is that is can happen, but not always. For example, some mornings you can have a dedicated bus to a park, other mornings not, while a bus to or from DTD very well could be shared.

I've stayed at AS Music twice and once at AS Movies. AS Movies, in my opinion, is the better of the 2. Yes, at times (not very often) buses are shared with the other AS resorts. But the beauty of AS Movies (and especially for those in the Mighty Duck section), is that it is closer to the bus stop at AS Music. It took us only a minute or so to walk to the bus stop at Music from our room in the Mighty Ducks section. Very convenient. Would definitely recommend. We had no issue with any of the buses. Sure, they were crowded at times, but that can happen to all the Disney buses going to any of the resorts. Since the AS resorts are a Value resort and cost less, we can spend a few more days in WDW!

Just back from a split stay AKL/ASMo. Great stay! At ASMo we had a preferred room, requested 101 Dalmatian section, close to transportation and that's exactly what we got. Room 2218, building 1, one room away from the stairway that's closest to the entrance to the main building, facing away from the pool. We could see the entrance where DME drops off at the front door, but there were trees that helped block any noise. Elevator wasn't too far away when we needed it.

We had a privacy curtain, triple sheeted beds, working fridge, iron (no ironing board), and hair dryer, hand soap, shower soap, and shampoo/conditioner (all H2O products, but not as nice as what we had at AKL).

MDE app said food court opened at 6am, but that was only for coffee/drinks. 6:30 one station opened for food, 7am all stations opened. Made it a little crazy for 8am EMH. Didn't notice if there was pink lemonade, but wasn't looking for it. No problems at drink stations.

Saturday there was supposed to be a movie at the pool at 8pm. We waited til 8:30 and no movie (screen and chairs set up)

No problems with magic bands, FP+ or BOG lunch FP. Everything worked great. Just the MDE app was really slow to open and respond (I have Verizon) and ride times weren't very accurate. We made a change to FP+ at a kiosk (iPad) at DHS with no problem.

Just back from a split stay AKL/ASMo. Great stay! At ASMo we had a preferred room, requested 101 Dalmatian section, close to transportation and that's exactly what we got. Room 2218, building 1, one room away from the stairway that's closest to the entrance to the main building, facing away from the pool. We could see the entrance where DME drops off at the front door, but there were trees that helped block any noise. Elevator wasn't too far away when we needed it. We had a privacy curtain, triple sheeted beds, working fridge, iron (no ironing board), and hair dryer, hand soap, shower soap, and shampoo/conditioner (all H2O products, but not as nice as what we had at AKL). MDE app said food court opened at 6am, but that was only for coffee/drinks. 6:30 one station opened for food, 7am all stations opened. Made it a little crazy for 8am EMH. Didn't notice if there was pink lemonade, but wasn't looking for it. No problems at drink stations. Saturday there was supposed to be a movie at the pool at 8pm. We waited til 8:30 and no movie (screen and chairs set up) No problems with magic bands, FP+ or BOG lunch FP. Everything worked great. Just the MDE app was really slow to open and respond (I have Verizon) and ride times weren't very accurate. We made a change to FP+ at a kiosk (iPad) at DHS with no problem.

Did you find it difficult to go from Deluxe to Value?

I've stayed at AS Music twice and once at AS Movies. AS Movies, in my opinion, is the better of the 2. Yes, at times (not very often) buses are shared with the other AS resorts. But the beauty of AS Movies (and especially for those in the Mighty Duck section), is that it is closer to the bus stop at AS Music. It took us only a minute or so to walk to the bus stop at Music from our room in the Mighty Ducks section. Very convenient. Would definitely recommend. We had no issue with any of the buses. Sure, they were crowded at times, but that can happen to all the Disney buses going to any of the resorts. Since the AS resorts are a Value resort and cost less, we can spend a few more days in WDW!

I agree with everything you said about the Mighty Ducks section at Movies! Great choice!

Saturday there was supposed to be a movie at the pool at 8pm. We waited til 8:30 and no movie (screen and chairs set up).

How was the weather that day? They may have moved the movie inside to the food court even if it wasn't raining at movie time.

Do the All Stars have any way to take you to your room with your luggage upon check in? We wouldn't be getting in until 1:30am or so... :-/

We had no rain at all during our trip - sunny and warm - a nice break from this Chicago winter. No idea why the movie was delayed. Didn't ask.

We've stayed at all levels of resorts, but this was our first split stay. We loved AKL, but we didn't do any parks those days, so it was a great resort to hang out at - and that was why we chose it when we added a night to our trip.

Movies was perfect for our park days - a comfortable bed to sleep in and not too far from the buses or food court (I bring breakfast back to the room for everyone in the morning, the short walk was appreciated!)

Bell services took our luggage from AKL to ASMo- they said it would be delivered between 1-3pm. We got it just before 4pm. No issues.

I'm thinking of staying here in September. I have a couple questions though. Are the bedspreads still the heavy one's or are they converted to the plain white covers with a runner like some of the other resorts are starting to do? If so, can anyone post a pic? Also what's the best location to request. I know its not guaranteed but I think I'd like to request either Fantasia or Toy Story for the theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter