Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Been there done that twice with a total of 70 people. We love ASMo. The bus stops do NOT have a cover, but in the AM, that is no big deal.

There were queues for the busses when we were there in 2004, I remember my DS running around the "maze" as he called it, and l can see them in my picture of the bus stop.

Did everyone get the news that Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, AND Fantasia are now "Preferred" and cost $12 a night extra?

Only Love Bug and Mighty Ducks are "Standard". So now there are 1,152 Preferred and only 768 "Standard" rooms.

ChairborneRangr said:
Did everyone get the news that Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, AND Fantasia are now "Preferred" and cost $12 a night extra?

Only Love Bug and Mighty Ducks are "Standard". So now there are 1,152 Preferred and only 768 "Standard" rooms.

Boooooo, Hissssss...

The moderates are looking better and better, lol.
I wish the kids didn't have their hearts set on ASMo otherwise I'd go with a Moderate Resort.

On the plus side, my littlest DD absolutely ADORES Herbie the Love Bug. She'd be thrilled if we were assigned to that building.

This is an awesome thread! I have never taken a trip to WDW with kids before so this should be an experience :Pinkbounc . My wee ones will be 3 and 18 months when we go in September. I made reservations for a preferred room but didn't specify which building. My DD is a Mickey fan and I assumed with the preferred room we would get Fantasia. Now I see that other buildings have been added. Should I call now to make a request or wait until closer to the actual trip? Also which room would be best? I do want to be somewhat close to the bus stop, food court, etc.. ,but we will be taking a nap every afternoon (I hope) and I am worried the pool side might be loud. Help!

Another question concerns coffee. I've created a new thread but no one answered. I have read where some addicts take their own coffee pot. Is this worth the hassle? Do they have a rule against it? We are driving, so I should be able to squeeze it in the car if needed. I need it first thing in the morning and my DH could go either way, so I will be the one trudging to the food court looking unkempt :sad2: . What's the consensus on BYOCoffee pot?

~Also which room would be best? I do want to be somewhat close to the bus stop, food court, etc.. ,but we will be taking a nap every afternoon (I hope) and I am worried the pool side might be loud.~

I just got back from ASM and stayed in Fantasia (bld 5). I had no problem with pool noise and it was pretty close to the main building where the buss stop is located. HTH

Anyone stayed in the Herbie Bldgs? Any comments about those bldgs? My 5 yr old DS and I made a deal on our next trip it will be CBR or ASMO(Herbie-his choice). So the good thing about his choice the bldg he chose is still standard price. Any Herbie area fans out there? :goodvibes

Another question concerns coffee. I've created a new thread but no one answered. I have read where some addicts take their own coffee pot. Is this worth the hassle? Do they have a rule against it? We are driving, so I should be able to squeeze it in the car if needed. I need it first thing in the morning and my DH could go either way, so I will be the one trudging to the food court looking unkempt :sad2: . What's the consensus on BYOCoffee pot?[/

Not sure if anyone answered you yet, but I plan to either buy one small enough to pack or buy one at WalMart when we get there. The coffee at Disney is terrible!!!!

Thanks for your opinion. :thumbsup2 I have never stayed on site, so i wasn't sure if Disney contracted with Seattle's Best or Orlando's Worst :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ! I definately think I will be bringing my own coffee pot, freshly ground beans and half and half. If I don't have room in the car I too will make a trip to Walmart to buy a cheap one. The convenience of not having to walk to the food court will be nice. You would think that even the values would provide a coffee pot...maybe some day.

pperfectmom said:
This is an awesome thread! I have never taken a trip to WDW with kids before so this should be an experience :Pinkbounc . My wee ones will be 3 and 18 months when we go in September. I made reservations for a preferred room but didn't specify which building. My DD is a Mickey fan and I assumed with the preferred room we would get Fantasia. Now I see that other buildings have been added. Should I call now to make a request or wait until closer to the actual trip? Also which room would be best? I do want to be somewhat close to the bus stop, food court, etc.. ,but we will be taking a nap every afternoon (I hope) and I am worried the pool side might be loud. Help!

QUOTE]

We are in the same situation as you. We booked ASM for September and have a preferred room. We've never been there so I have no idea on what to request or where.

Would love to hear from some on this. Is it just a personal preference for Fantasia, 101 or Toy story buildings or should we put in a request for one in particular because of location or other factors?

Please share!

Also anything else about the resort! Would love to hear!

I have brought my own pot, and coffee for the room. It worked out great.

Does anyone know if Disney is going to put family suites in the ASMo like the ASMu?

Okay, I have a new question.

I am a geek, and love the segment of Fantasia 2000 with the ballerina in it...so of course, being the geek that I am, I want to stay in that building. But it is listed as the building with the smoking rooms.

Does that mean that ALL of the buildings in that room are smoking rooms? Or just some of them?

And also, can you request to be on the back side of the building, not facing the pool? Or is it just the building that you can request?

Nairnyn said:
Does that mean that ALL of the buildings in that room are smoking rooms? Or just some of them? QUOTE]

Not ALL of the rooms are smoking in that section. I love staying in that building and we always get NS. I believe, that all of the sections have certain rooms designated for smoking.

If you want to request not facing the pool then I am sure you can. I prefer to face the pool, and have not really encountered many problems, although away from is always much quieter.

Does anyone know if Disney is going to put family suites in the ASMo like the ASMu?
Disney has not officially said one way or the other. One of the possibilities is all the rooms over in the legendary years (1900-1940) over at Pop Century built as suites.

You can specify just about anything in a request, but know it is a request, not a promise.

non-courtyard facing should be no problem...

My vacation starts tomorrow. I requested the Mighty Ducks buildings. Because they are not preferred and close to a pool. Should I really go to the Music resort to catch the bus?

not necessarily. I was using that as a point of comparison on how far away the busses are. You need to be sure to add in a little extra time. Peak season, ASMo has it's own busses. ASMu and ASSp share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter