• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Will movies be getting the same new bedding as sports?

The refurb listing for WDW says ASSp is undergoing "soft goods replacement" through June 7. So this must be covering the new white linens with themed throw now appearing there.

There aren't any similar soft goods notices for Movies and Music, at least not yet. My guess right now is their bedding replacements are down the road.

Which do you prefer and why? The Love Bug or Mighty Ducks rooms/area? Need to pin down a preference if necessary to book this week.

Which do you prefer and why? The Love Bug or Mighty Ducks rooms/area? Need to pin down a preference if necessary to book this week.

I'm staying at ASMo for the first time coming up.

Based on some recommendations, I'm requesting Mighty Ducks because it provides flexibility to go between ASMo and All-Star Music for food court and buses.

I'm a Herbie fan so theme for theme I'd rather be in Love Bug, but I'm making my request based on the building location and that the rooms are the same once inside.

Booked our first visit to AsMo w/ FD this morning. had to get a Room only for our first night, but got a discount on that so no biggie.
Didn't request a section, but put closest to parking lot (for ease of loading and unloading) and transportation (for the bus stop.)
CM was awesome.
Looking forward to trying a new resort!!!
pixiedust: :dance3: :cheer2: :yay: :cool1: pixiedust: :rolleyes1 :drive:

We are a family of 8 and booked two rooms and was guaranteed adjoining rooms at AsMo does anyone know where those might be located

We are a family of 8 and booked two rooms and was guaranteed adjoining rooms at AsMo does anyone know where those might be located

They have them all over the resort, but they rarely ever guarantee it. is there children only in room 2?

Make sure you call back and request CONNECTING rooms. They have a door inside the room connecting the two.
Adjoining only means next door to each other.
Check your reservation to see which it says.
It will say and they will tell you guaranteed for families, but it is not.
That said, they will do everything in their power to give you connecting. We have always got them.
Happy planning!

Just got a FD Pin for October dates...we're thinking Oct 23-30. We've been hearing bad air conditioning reviews for Movies.
A) is that accurate?
B) will it matter that late in Oct?
Thanks!

Just got a FD Pin for October dates...we're thinking Oct 23-30. We've been hearing bad air conditioning reviews for Movies.
A) is that accurate?
B) will it matter that late in Oct?
Thanks!

I see all kinds of commentary about AC across the resorts -- too hot, too cold....I would not avoid an entire resort based on that commentary. I'm sure the climate control is generally fine, and if not, Disney can't or won't leave it that way.

FWIW I'm booked for ASMo in July. Not worried about AC.

I see all kinds of commentary about AC across the resorts -- too hot, too cold....I would not avoid an entire resort based on that commentary. I'm sure the climate control is generally fine, and if not, Disney can't or won't leave it that way.

FWIW I'm booked for ASMo in July. Not worried about AC.

The air is on a sensor, so unless you are up walking around in your sleep, you will be roasting at night. I had the issue last month, and the room next to us also. It wasn't even that hot out, but our room was sweltering at night. As soon as I got up, it would kick back on.

Now the deluxe resorts have ceiling fans, so IME that keeps the a/c on.

The air is on a sensor, so unless you are up walking around in your sleep, you will be roasting at night. I had the issue last month, and the room next to us also. It wasn't even that hot out, but our room was sweltering at night. As soon as I got up, it would kick back on.

Now the deluxe resorts have ceiling fans, so IME that keeps the a/c on.

I think experiences can really vary on that one. People used to talk about this all the time, and then they started saying it was no longer the case.
There is also instructions somewhere for over-riding the system if it does that.
We've stayed at both Pop and ASSports where those issues had been reported, and never had that happen. We actually had to turn the temp up on the A/C as it was too cold at night.

all that to say...your mileage may vary, but call maintenance if it happens and ask them how to keep it from happening.

I think experiences can really vary on that one. People used to talk about this all the time, and then they started saying it was no longer the case.
There is also instructions somewhere for over-riding the system if it does that.
We've stayed at both Pop and ASSports where those issues had been reported, and never had that happen. We actually had to turn the temp up on the A/C as it was too cold at night.

all that to say...your mileage may vary, but call maintenance if it happens and ask them how to keep it from happening.

Yes, we tried to override both systems in each room, but had no luck. This was just last month, so it's still happening. We stayed in the Dalmations building, number 4, so maybe it's room/building specific, who knows!

We have stayed at Pop in the past, did not have any A/C issues. We did stay at Sports also, but it was about 30 degrees then, so we didn't use the a/c!

Thanks everyone! I don't think we'll let what could be a problem ruin our plans! I'm sure Disney will monitor and fix any issues before then if it has become a consistent complaint.

Here's "room request" screen captures from online check-in to All-Star Movies.

Here's the set of choices. You can pick two room requests. There was nothing listed as "amenity requests" for ASMo. (And yes, that is Dalmations spelled incorrectly. It's "Dalmatians.")

asmo-online-1.jpg

Once you make some choices, this Room Ready Request option appears regarding early arrival (prior to 3pm) vs. specific requests:

asmo-online-2.jpg

Here is the additional help explaining the Room Ready Requests:

asmo-online-3.jpg

This is our first visit to WDW and we will staying at All Star Movies. Does anyone know if there is a coffee maker in the rooms. I looked online and I didn't see it but I wanted to make sure. Thank you!

This is our first visit to WDW and we will staying at All Star Movies. Does anyone know if there is a coffee maker in the rooms. I looked online and I didn't see it but I wanted to make sure. Thank you!

No coffee makers in the value rooms (except suites). Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter