Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

How early do I need to book my room? We are going October 8-13. They won't sell out soon will they?

Book now! We booked for September last month and the prices have already increased. If you book now and there is a special offered....I'm pretty sure you can still get the special rates. (Not 100% about this....tho)

Have fun!!

How early do I need to book my room? We are going October 8-13. They won't sell out soon will they?

Book now! We booked for September last month and the prices have already increased. If you book now and there is a special offered....I'm pretty sure you can still get the special rates. (Not 100% about this....tho)

Have fun!!

It's highly doubtful it will completely sell out, it can at times, but thats not a busy time.
as for rates increasing, they did not and the hotel itself has not all since the first of the year. Tickets may go up in price before then, but right now the price has been the same all year long. There are no current deals for that time of year yet unless you get a pin in your email or mail.
If you book now you can have a promotion applied when it comes out. Some promotions are limited, so you may have to change type of room and sometimes even resorts to use it. Some promotions are better at one value than the other too. Depends on what it is.
If you book your package now, you only have to put $200 and then pay it off 45 days prior. We probably won't see promotions till mid summer for this time of year.

Thank you! Any opinion on booking room only vs package? Advantages/disadvantage? We won't do dining plan (unless it's free!).

Thank you! Any opinion on booking room only vs package? Advantages/disadvantage? We won't do dining plan (unless it's free!).
With room only you only put the 1st night down and doesn't need to bepaid off till you arrive, though you can pay it off earlier. If free dining comes out then you can add it, but they will cancel the room only and make a new reservation as the reservation numbers are different. They "can" transfer what you paid to the new package, but most CM's tell you they can't and you have to insist on it.
I prefer packages myself. The room key and park tickets are all on one card then. Plus we always do the dining plan. For us it is a good deal. When we don't do the plan, we only eat Counter service. When it's prepaid with the plan, my husband doesn't gripe about the prices of meals.

With a rack rate room-only booking,you may be able to purchase your tickets separately at discount, such as at Undercover Tourist or AAA, and save some money that way.

If a special offer is released for your dates, such as the one available now for summer dates, there may be a savings on tickets such that a package would make sense. Or if free dining is the offer, then a package (room/tickets/dining) is required.

I'm hoping to take the "hit rope drop-mid day pool break-back to park at night" approach in August. I'm wondering what the mid day commute from the parks to ASMo is like and how much time people usually use for this?

Does anyone know if ASMo has a laundry service available? I know there is a laundromat but hey....I'm gonna be on vacation for two weeks and want to give that responsibility to someone else for once...LOL!!

serino4disney said:
Does anyone know if ASMo has a laundry service available? I know there is a laundromat but hey....I'm gonna be on vacation for two weeks and want to give that responsibility to someone else for once...LOL!!

Nope! No laundry services available at any of the value resorts! They have washers/dryers available (for a fee) for the guests to use,but that's it. Sorry! If you want to give it to someone else you'll need to 'up the ante' from a value! ;)
Hope you enjoy your trip!! :)

Looks like we might be there around the same time. I might be willing to do some for some extra souvenir money :lmao:

You can contact an outside company to do it

http://www.shelovestodolaundry.com/

A Turnaround by the Pound that is Quick and Cost effective!ÿ

$2.50 per pound, We Pick Up and Deliver to your Hotel.

24 Hour Turnaround time.*

Same Day Service is also Available*

Wash, Dry and Fold Service

"Fluff and Fold"

*Delivery Fee Applies

*10 pound min

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter