Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Does this resort qualify for the extended hours for the parks? We are going there the week of the 17th and were hoping to get to stay late at the MGM park. This is our first trip, and are hoping to make many more!

1wrestlingmom said:
Does this resort qualify for the extended hours for the parks? We are going there the week of the 17th and were hoping to get to stay late at the MGM park. This is our first trip, and are hoping to make many more!

yes it does qualify for extra magic hours. Also MGM is called Hollywood Studios now, just so you can be hip with the lingo ;-)

We stayed at AS Movies over the weekend. It was our first time at the All Stars. We had a great time. My 3 year old loved the theming! We will stay again! Staff was nice, everything was clean. It was great. If you want to read my full review, check out the link to my blog below!

We stayed at AS Movies over the weekend. It was our first time at the All Stars. We had a great time. My 3 year old loved the theming! We will stay again! Staff was nice, everything was clean. It was great. If you want to read my full review, check out the link to my blog below!

Thanks for the review. Good to hear that it's still an awesome place!

We will be staying at All Star Movies next month - whoohoo! My husband and I and one of our kids are in one room, and my mom and other three kids are in another. We've requested adjoining rooms, and we have preferred rooms. My mom paid for both rooms. She booked hers first and then later added ours, but the reservation for our room (mine and my husband's) is linked to my Disney account. I'm the one who received the e-mail confirmation, not her. The CM told her on the phone that we are in one of the front buildings. Anyone know which one they would mean? If we want to request a certain building/view for both rooms, and keep the fact that want to be adjoining, which one of us should call?

I don't want to be overly picky, but part of why we picked All Star Movie is for the great movie stuff, which is mostly outside. My kids have never seen Fantasia, but they love 101 Dalmations and Toy Story, so I would love for them to be able to see something related to those out the windows.

Are the beds at movies hard and uncomfortable like the ones I have seen written about at Pop?

During our Aug trip they were replacing beds in the Toy Story section of ASMo. Our bed hadn't been replaced while we were there. The bed was ok....the bed at POR was great!

We will be staying at All Star Movies next month - whoohoo! My husband and I and one of our kids are in one room, and my mom and other three kids are in another. We've requested adjoining rooms, and we have preferred rooms. My mom paid for both rooms. She booked hers first and then later added ours, but the reservation for our room (mine and my husband's) is linked to my Disney account. I'm the one who received the e-mail confirmation, not her. The CM told her on the phone that we are in one of the front buildings. Anyone know which one they would mean? If we want to request a certain building/view for both rooms, and keep the fact that want to be adjoining, which one of us should call?

I don't want to be overly picky, but part of why we picked All Star Movie is for the great movie stuff, which is mostly outside. My kids have never seen Fantasia, but they love 101 Dalmations and Toy Story, so I would love for them to be able to see something related to those out the windows.

First of all I am jealous you are there in a month - take me with you :lmao:

Anyway, if it was me, I personally would call to make sure I put my request in. The preferred buildings are 101 Dalmations, toy story & fantasia. All these buildings are what I would consider to be "front buildings" . We stayed in Fantasia when we were there - liked it because it was quiet but 101 Dalmations and Toy Story had better decorations.

Your kids are going to love it - IMO ASMo has the best decorations. (we love POP too but for different reasons).

Have a great trip!

First of all I am jealous you are there in a month - take me with you :lmao:

Anyway, if it was me, I personally would call to make sure I put my request in. The preferred buildings are 101 Dalmations, toy story & fantasia. All these buildings are what I would consider to be "front buildings" . We stayed in Fantasia when we were there - liked it because it was quiet but 101 Dalmations and Toy Story had better decorations.

Your kids are going to love it - IMO ASMo has the best decorations. (we love POP too but for different reasons).

Have a great trip!

Thanks, we are crazy excited! Or - I am ;) My husband is just putting up with me, and my kids don't know yet! lol So glad I found these boards, because it gave me an outlet for all my Disney processing ;)

I am leaving in less than 48 hours n I need 45 more days!! Any last minute advice??

Let the magic happen! Some of the best moments that happened on our trips were unplanned - Snow White kissing my son, walking around Epcot with my hubby, my daughter making friends at the parks.

Have a magical trip :-)

we stayed at movies over labor day weekend & had a preferred room in the toy story section. i loved the hotel...the staff was super nice, the rooms were very clean & the toy story section was AWESOME!

i left behind my daughters entire dvd collection in the entertainment center. despite it being a holiday & housekeeping was closed at 4pm, they located the dvd booklet and ups'ed it to me...i received it 2 days later. :thumbsup2

with my AP summer discount, i paid $66 each night...total bargain!

here are some pictures i took.

IMG_0271.jpg

cute mickey shampoo!

IMG_9873.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

277586_10151050933609702_1626587754_o.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

emmebear said:
we stayed at movies over labor day weekend & had a preferred room in the toy story section. i loved the hotel...the staff was super nice, the rooms were very clean & the toy story section was AWESOME!

i left behind my daughters entire dvd collection in the entertainment center. despite it being a holiday & housekeeping was closed at 4pm, they located the dvd booklet and ups'ed it to me...i received it 2 days later. :thumbsup2

here are some pictures i took.

cute mickey shampoo!

Thank u so much!! Super excited!! Love ur pics!! She looks so cute!

Thanks for posting your pictures and talking about the good experience. We will be there in a week and I've heard mixed things about the ASMO. My son will freak out about the big Buzz, Woody and Rex. Can hardly wait! Thanks for sharing!

Hi all!! Thinking about staying here for our upcoming trip! It will be me, DH, DD2, & DS1. DD will sleep in the bed, but DS will need the crib. Any pictures of the crib? How is the crib? TIA!

Hi all!! Thinking about staying here for our upcoming trip! It will be me, DH, DD2, & DS1. DD will sleep in the bed, but DS will need the crib. Any pictures of the crib? How is the crib? TIA!

When we stayed at ASMo the crib was actually a pack and play. I ended up keeping ds (then 18 mos) in bed (with me)with pillows surrounding him. It was the first time he slept in a "big" bed.

Where would the quiet rooms at this resort be? Which building should I request to be placed at for a quiet room? Many thanks... :)

Where would the quiet rooms at this resort be? Which building should I request to be placed at for a quiet room? Many thanks... :)

The back side of buildings 6 or 7 (Love Bug) are probably the most peaceful. They're also the farthest away from the food court and bus stop.

Does ASMo have a zero entry pool please? Also is it quicker if staying in mighty ducks to use the music food court or movies? Tia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter