• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!" - 9/14: Link to TR and LIVE TWITTER!

love the belle costume! :)

Thanks! My mom did a good job.

Awww, that Belle costume is so cute! I've always wanted to make Ariel's dress that she wears in the Kiss the Girl scene. Maybe for a future MNSSHP

I'm revealing my inner nerd here, (oh well, the act could only go on so long, LOL) but I have always wanted to go as Arwen from Lord of the Rings for Halloween. :rotfl: I was going to have my mom make the dark blue dress with the red sleeves this year, but she is going back to school this fall :-)woohoo:) and won't have time to do any major sewing.

My new camera should arrive today!

Love the Belle costume, I'm still trying to find something to wear for MNSSHP. I ordered two costumes from the Disney Outlet and neither one fit,:sad2: one was too large(Ursula) and the other was too long (Jasmine). I wish I could sew, I would go as Merriweather, my favorite good fairy. Oh well, there's always Wal-mart.

Love the Belle costume, I'm still trying to find something to wear for MNSSHP. I ordered two costumes from the Disney Outlet and neither one fit,:sad2: one was too large(Ursula) and the other was too long (Jasmine). I wish I could sew, I would go as Merriweather, my favorite good fairy. Oh well, there's always Wal-mart.

That would be so cool if you could go as Merriweather! We have no Walmart here. I live across the street from a cow field.

I have to mention my conversation with DH about costumes.

::MinnieMo Maybe you could go as Woody
::MickeyMo Yeah! I'd just need to go out and buy a yellow checkered shirt and a red---
::MinnieMo Wait, wait, wait, you know what his costume looks like off the top of your head? Instantly? I had to Google it!

First of all, shoes:

I'm bringing a pair of very very broken in Keens that I plan to wear most of the time. My backup shoes WERE some old sandals. However, I took a good look at them today. Okay, maybe they're older and dirtier than I thought. :scared1: I need to toss them. I'm frankly ashamed to have never noticed it before.

I was in the market for some new shoes for college anyway, and so I chanced a peek at Payless' website. I ended up buying these:

069684_4_490x490.jpg

for $13! :goodvibes We'll see how they actually feel when I get them. Hopefully they will be a good backup shoe.

Second, bags:

I have two weaknesses: office supplies and bags. So it really comes as no surprise to me that I'm finding issues with the bag I initially purchased.

I originally bought this bag in a less psychedelic print:

Problems with this bag: unhappy about the amount of room in the bag, and not enough organizational helps. I would need a wallet. I don't have a wallet --- I use a big, giant Franklin Covey planner as my wallet. I'm not bringing that. I would have to buy a wallet... fish out a wallet... etc. Not liking that idea. Also, I won't carry my stuff in my lanyard either. Too worried about it falling off.

My mom lent me the one shoulder backpack she brought with her to the parks on our last trip. It does have organizational compartments, but they're right in the front pouch of the backpack. I don't really like one shoulder backpacks, but it does have exactly what I need. However, I still have two problems: I'm paranoid that someone could slip in to my bag and steal my stuff without my knowledge, and I hate the idea of having to take off a backpack any time I want to put something away or take something out.

I ended up buying the Overland Donner bag today in Green, also for $13!:

erez

I especially LOVE the fact that it has room for water bottles on the sides. I could use this at school in the fall as well. The green matches my backpack. :woohoo:

Neither of these were exactly NECESSARY. I could get by without them. But they didn't cost that much, and I can use them after the vacation too. So I consider them worth the $. DH is also happy that I won't be whining about dirty shoes or fluctuating on bags every single day of our vacation. :rotfl:

Following you from my PTR:goodvibes

I am gonna try and read up this weekend of everyone else's PTR's:surfweb:

That could be one major feat! I try to keep up with the day to day updates as best I can. It gets to be a lot!

I GOT MY NEW CAMERA!!! :woohoo:

I tore the box open, plugged in the battery for 5 minutes, and then ran off to take some shots on Auto mode. I'm SO pleased. Here are some pics that I took with absolutely no effort.

3862877037_b80602b259.jpg

3863664454_dd4e3c3225.jpg

3862887057_5b719586c4.jpg

3863674742_e1afd76922.jpg

3862896865_84d99ba97f.jpg

3863684006_131052ef66.jpg

3862905571_692de506e6.jpg

3862909965_5fc7fd71a7.jpg

Pictures look great!! Love your puppy! I think labs are very photogenic... I swear our 2 girls will pose sometimes!:laughing:

Pictures look great!! Love your puppy! I think labs are very photogenic... I swear our 2 girls will pose sometimes!:laughing:

1.) Must know what camera you bought!

2.) OMG PUPPY!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

This is exactly what I bought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830179193&PageStyle=lite&Local=y

I did get the combo deal (shown below the picture), so it came to about $200.

I wish Jake would pose! I have always had extreme difficulty getting photos of him because he always MOVES! However, this camera captures him clearly even when he's moving. Yeah! :goodvibes

All caught up:goodvibes

Loved the old pictures and especially your face going down the drop on SM. I have yet to ride that ride. I HATE drops. I did TOT once and :scared1:

I may have to steal your packing list!

Great puppy pics too!

What a great deal on the Overland bag!!!! It's a really good travel bag/purse. I have it and I love it. The only reason I got a new bag is because my Overland bag is brown and for some reason PINK is my color of choice this year:cutie:

I may have to steal your packing list!

Go for it! I was hoping it would help someone.

Naturally, it has evolved a bit since I posted it.

Here are a few additions:

• Pin Backs
• Address Labels
• Flashlight
• Granola Bars
• Dramamine
• Gold Bond Powder
• Halloween costumes
• Room Decorations

Hi, I'm loving your trip report, and I haven't quite finished reading it yet, but I just wanted to warn you about something before I forgot, just in case. If you booked your flight under your maiden name, you MUST have a photo ID that shows your maiden name or you won't get through security. I booked a flight for our honeymoon under my maiden name (cause it was my name at the time) and I almost couldn't get through security because my license had my married name on it. Luckily, I always carry my expired license in my wallet, so I had it with me to show that I was me! Let me tell you, that freaked me out! I'm not sure that you did this because you are already married, but just in case I wanted to tell you about my experience. Have a great time on your trip!

Hi, I'm loving your trip report, and I haven't quite finished reading it yet, but I just wanted to warn you about something before I forgot, just in case. If you booked your flight under your maiden name, you MUST have a photo ID that shows your maiden name or you won't get through security. I booked a flight for our honeymoon under my maiden name (cause it was my name at the time) and I almost couldn't get through security because my license had my married name on it. Luckily, I always carry my expired license in my wallet, so I had it with me to show that I was me! Let me tell you, that freaked me out! I'm not sure that you did this because you are already married, but just in case I wanted to tell you about my experience. Have a great time on your trip!

Thanks for the tip. I booked it under my married name. I was actually worried about not getting my plastic ID in time. But I just got my new one today.

Your TR is coming along wonderfully! :goodvibes

Love your room decorations. I am definitely going to look for you when we are there!:thumbsup2

That's the camera we are taking too! I had a heavier, more advanced camera for a long time, and it broke about 6 months ago. My dad bought me this one for my birthday in May. I love it! So light and easy to take everywhere! :cool1:

I LOVE your packing list! :love: Totally going to use it.

Aren't you just dying of excitement?!?! :dance3: I can't believe our trips are just around the corner! :yay:

Yup, that would have been equally crappy :) I'm glad you're all set to go:thumbsup2

Last time I flew I had a paper temporary ID and the security guys in Washington, DC had never seen one before. They gave me quite a bit of trouble.

Love your room decorations. I am definitely going to look for you when we are there!:thumbsup2

That's the camera we are taking too! I had a heavier, more advanced camera for a long time, and it broke about 6 months ago. My dad bought me this one for my birthday in May. I love it! So light and easy to take everywhere! :cool1:

Aren't you just dying of excitement?!?! :dance3: I can't believe our trips are just around the corner! :yay:

I love love love love love this camera.

And actually, this trip still seems totally surreal to me, like it's not actually going to happen. I plan and plan, and I KNOW we're going, but it doesn't become super exciting to me until we're actually leaving the house. DH thinks this is sad. However, he should really be pleased that I don't become incredibly annoying to him until we're in the car :rotfl2:

"Yay! OMG WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG TOMORROW WE'LL BE IN DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG WE'RE BOARDING THE PLANE TO DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG WE'RE ONLY 7 HOURS AWAY FROM DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG IT'S TIME TO CATCH OUR CONNECTING FLIGHT TO DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG WE'RE IN DISNEYWORLDLAND (Florida)"
"Yay! OMG WE'RE ON OUR FIRST RIDE (the monorail thing at the airport)"
etc.

If he had to deal with that for two weeks he would be like this: :scared1:

kmartin...I see someone wearing a Sooners shirt in your pic....are you from Oklahoma?

Say it with me guys:

TEN MORE DAYS!! :banana::cheer2::woohoo::yay:

I need to finish posting our plans for the rest of our days at the parks! I will probably add another day later, but I just woke up. :surfweb: Speaking of waking up, I really have to start getting up earlier. Switching from Pacific to Eastern time is a real stinker. I need to be able to drag myself out of bed at 5am at the least. :scared1:

Let's see... My donner bag came! It's awesome and I love it. It will be perfect for school as well. My shoes have arrived at my local payless store and I just need to go pick them up. No notification from them, though. I know they've arrived because of UPS.

I ordered 2 cases of water from Costco. I know they ship fast, but I couldn't wait any longer to do it in case something were to happen.

Question:

Can we do online check in if we have the dining plan? Or will that mess everything up?

Joining a little late, but I love your trip plans so far. Our trips overlap by two days so maybe we will see you guys around on the 22 and 23. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter