DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!" - 9/14: Link to TR and LIVE TWITTER!

We've never seen Fantasmic, but from what I hear with the changes to the package, missing out may not be that big of a deal. Maybe you will be able to get it at the 45 day mark.

I checked out every Disney book I could find at my library and read most of them cover to cover before our first trip. I don't recommend doing that, since it is all pretty repetitive. :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more about the plans.

Hey everyone! Good to be back on DIS.

We're going to be in Disney World in 42 days! :goodvibes Disney has been paid in full and now everything is set in stone except for our flights. We have a lot of big expenses this week, so I think we will book that after my DH's next paycheck.

It's 45 days out from the night we want to see Fantasmic, but I called Disney Dining and had no luck getting the Fantasmic package for Mama Melrose. We'll stick with our original non-Fantasmic reservation and wait in line, I guess.

I spent a few days making big index cards for each day of our vacation. Each day includes park hours, crowd levels, touring plans, show times, expenses, dining credits, photo ops, confirmation numbers, and notes. I also have an overview card and packing lists. It's a good thing I have good eyesight and can read tiny print. I finished them and showed DH and he balked at the touring plans. I think when I said "planning", he assumed I meant choosing which park to visit each day. :sad2: He wasn't happy about the idea of using touring plans until I showed him the chapter about them in the Unofficial Guide and informed him we will have extra time if we follow them. He hasn't argued since.

I really want to surprise my DH on this trip, and I got to thinking that I would LOVE for us to do a tour together. We probably won't have the opportunity to do it on our next trip since our next trip will probably be with kids. After some budget slashing and number crunching, I came up with enough wiggle room in the budget for the Keys to the Kingdom tour! I will be booking it next week. We're going to have a late flight home on our last day, so I think we can do it then. I can't WAIT to see the look on DH's face!

I changed our Boma reservations to 9:20am today. They had been for 7:30am, but I realized that we really should do photos before breakfast since we have no idea how long it will take to eat and don't want to feel rushed.

Had a DOH moment this morning. I had thought you could schedule a Photo Session 45 days in advance. Whoops! I have to call back in 2 weeks. Bummer. I was all excited to book it

I have my outfit for our Photo Session at AKL. Now DH needs to find something suitable to wear. Unfortunately, his clothes are far more appropriate for Wilderness Lodge... or the Country Bear Jamboree :rotfl:

:banana: Just got our ME tags and booklet today! Except they say no flight information. I know what flights I want to book, but I can't until DH gets his paycheck in a few weeks. Which means KTTK tour booking has to wait too, because I don't want to pay for it and then have to take an earlier flight :scared1:

Does anyone know if KTTK usually gets booked up mid sept?

my DH originally wanted to go over the holidays just after Christmas (dd turns 5 a few days after Christmas) - but once we priced out Sept it was sooo much cheaper for flights, disney hotel plus free dining, we couldn't turn it down ;-)

my DH originally wanted to go over the holidays just after Christmas (dd turns 5 a few days after Christmas) - but once we priced out Sept it was sooo much cheaper for flights, disney hotel plus free dining, we couldn't turn it down ;-)

That's exactly it. Now that I'm looking at our budget, I still can't believe we were going to pay all that money to go in December. We get to stay longer and do more this way. Plus, the trip is sooner!

As I read TRs and look at other touring plans and restaurants and stuff, I've started compiling a list of random stuff into a "Dream Disney Trip" file. I have a feeling it will be quite some time before we can go back to Disney. (I would consider booking a bounceback trip, but next summer the Oregon Shakespeare Festival is putting on Hamlet and I've said for years and years that I HAD to go see it when it finally came back... Looks like we'll be visiting relatives, Ashland and Crater Lake next summer instead) By the time our next trip rolls around, DH and I may have kids. So it's fun to think of what I would love to do with my kids when I have them, or what we would do without kids if we just had more money. :rotfl:

I want to stay at Wilderness Lodge someday, because DH is going to LOVE that place. We live in the Pacific NW and it feels like home. I would also love to do the Backstage Magic tour, but we would need to stay longer than we are in order to do it. I'm trying to sell my DH on eating at Victoria and Albert's sometime just so we can say we have. I know when we have kids, we will eat at CRT, spend half the trip in MK, and go to the water parks. I hope when we take that trip we can afford to go in December just because I want to experience MVMCP and Candlelight Processional. Ah, if only money was no object!

It's fun to dream - if money were no object for us I'd be staying at the Poly instead of Pop! Although I am kind of looking forward to Pop, it looks like a fun place and I'm sure my kids will love all the big things (playdoh container, foozeball court, etc). But I would love to stay at a monorail resort for the convenience (not to mention the lovely deluxe resort!). We stayed at POR last time and it was nice.

Dh has already warned me we aren't going back again any time soon. But he really didn't think we'd be going back less than 2 years after our last trip so we'll see ;-) We will probably wait until our youngest (currently 16 months) is a bit older, 4 or 5 yo. By then the kids are old enough we *might* consider driving down (22 hour drive from Ontario) - I'll bargain with dh I'll be willing to give up flights and drive if we stay at Poly :-)

Oh boy.

My mom e-mailed me a link to Medieval Times' birthday offer. We won't be celebrating any birthdays while in the World, but it hasn't stopped me from considering going back to Medieval Times! (We went in Sept. 2007 and LOVED IT)

I figured out it would be possible to go on the HS day that we don't do Fantasmic. IMO Medieval Times > Fantasmic. However, it would cost about the same as the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

Two Adult Tickets from Undercover Tourist: $84
Taxi Fare Both Ways: $50 (roughly)
Total: $134

Two Keys to the Kingdom Tickets: $130

There is no way I'd give up KTTK for Medieval Times. If we did MT, we would do both. So that's $264. I'm looking at my budget trying to figure out ways to slash it more. "Food? We don't need food on the travel days! Checked baggage fees? There has to be a coupon to waive that somehow! Who needs souvenirs when you can watch Medieval Nights joust? Wait! That's one less QS meal! Maybe we can convert our credits to snack credits and buy piles of stuff at Goofy's Candy Company and sell it all to our relatives!"

Ahhhh! Somebody stop me!

This is me today: :surfweb:

I'm looking at flights. I had found what I thought was the perfect flight---6am from Portland, OR and arriving at MCO at 5pm. But it occurred to me that we live 2.5 hours from Portland and we need to be at the airport two hours before our flight, so we would be leaving at 1:30am. :scared1: "Geez, if we're leaving that early we might as well take a red eye!" Wait a minute... A RED EYE!

So, I checked evening flights for Sept. 14th, and lo and behold, there is a flight leaving Portland at Midnight and landing in Orlando at 11am.

Arriving at 11am?

:banana:

Naturally this sparks musing about food options, so here is what I'm thinking.

9/15:
Land at MCO at 11am
Visit MK or EP
QS Lunch
TS Dinner at Beaches & Cream

9/16:
QS Breakfast @ Pop
Visit EP
QS Lunch @ Sunshine Seasons
TS Dinner @ Teppan Edo
See IllumiNations

9/17:
QS Breakfast @ Pop
Visit AK
QS Lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ
TS Dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe

9/18:
QS Breakfast @ Pop
Visit HS
QS Lunch @ Studio Catering Co.
TS Dinner @ Mama Melrose
See Fantasmic

9/19:
QS Breakfast @ Pop
Visit EP
QS Lunch @ Morocco
TS Dinner @ Chefs de France
Skip IllumiNations and do laundry

9/20:
Photo Session @ AKL
TS Breakfast @ Boma
Visit HS
QS Lunch @ Backlot Express
QS Dinner @ Starring Rolls / OR GO TO MEDIEVAL TIMES

9/21:
QS Breakfast @ Pop
Visit MK
QS Lunch @ Columbia Harbor House
TS Dinner @ The Plaza
See SpectroMagic and Wishes

9/22:
QS Breakfast @ Pop
Visit AK
QS Lunch @ Pizzafari
Go to MK at 4pm with MNSSHP tickets
TS Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern
MNSSHP

9/23:
QS Breakfast @ Pop (If we are out of QS credits, we will just use snack credits)
Check out
Do Keys to the Kingdom Tour at MK, which includes Lunch
Catch ME to MCO
Grab some fast food for dinner
Fly out at 6pm :(

DDP Breakdown:

Quick Service Credits Used: 16/16
Table Service Credits Used: 16/16
Snack Credits Used: 0-2/16

PS
We are sharing QS Breakfasts/Lunches, FYI

I added a picture of DH and I at our wedding on the first post of the topic. DH dragged out the suitcases for me today... Packing has begun! When I travel, I always create a master packing list that includes everything. I'm always afraid I'll forget something on my way there or on my way back. Checking every single item off the lists helps alleviate that fear. DH didn't quite get it, though.

::MinnieMo "Honey, I made us a packing list for our Disney trip. Can you make sure all of your stuff is on there too?"
::MickeyMo "Huh? You put my stuff on there?
::MinnieMo "Yes, I put *everything* on there."
::MickeyMo "Why do I need a packing list?"
::MinnieMo "I don't want to forget something and then have to pay for a taxi to take us to the store or buy overpriced stuff at Disney."
::MickeyMo "..."
::MinnieMo "Can you just make sure I'm not missing any of your stuff please?"

So, he takes the list. I explain to him my elaborate sorting system, in which I sort it all into the checked bag, each of our personal items, and each of our carry on bags. I also show him the spot where I list what we'll be wearing on the flight so I know *exactly* how many shirts, pants, etc. we have for laundry purposes.

::MickeyMo "Honey, you didn't list underwear."
::MinnieMo "What? Yes I did. Right there. 1 pair in your carry on and 5 pairs in your checked bag."
::MickeyMo "No, I mean, you didn't say we'd be wearing underwear on the flight."
::MinnieMo "..."
::MickeyMo "I'm just saying."

PS
I added underwear.

I called Disney this morning to see if I could add my room requests to my reservation. A very helpful gal named Primrose answered my call right away and put them in for me, hopefully in the right order. :rotfl: You see, I was rather specific:

1.) Upper level room
2.) King sized bed
3.) 50's Section
4.) Facing Lake

After she put my notes in, she told me that if I upgraded to a preferred room, I'd be closer to the bus/food court/pools, blah blah blah. I think they might be required to go through that spiel. But she didn't push me to upgrade. She just informed me I could, so I was happy.

I added a picture of DH and I at our wedding on the first post of the topic. DH dragged out the suitcases for me today... Packing has begun! When I travel, I always create a master packing list that includes everything. I'm always afraid I'll forget something on my way there or on my way back. Checking every single item off the lists helps alleviate that fear. DH didn't quite get it, though.

::MinnieMo "Honey, I made us a packing list for our Disney trip. Can you make sure all of your stuff is on there too?"
::MickeyMo "Huh? You put my stuff on there?
::MinnieMo "Yes, I put *everything* on there."
::MickeyMo "Why do I need a packing list?"
::MinnieMo "I don't want to forget something and then have to pay for a taxi to take us to the store or buy overpriced stuff at Disney."
::MickeyMo "..."
::MinnieMo "Can you just make sure I'm not missing any of your stuff please?"

So, he takes the list. I explain to him my elaborate sorting system, in which I sort it all into the checked bag, each of our personal items, and each of our carry on bags. I also show him the spot where I list what we'll be wearing on the flight so I know *exactly* how many shirts, pants, etc. we have for laundry purposes.

::MickeyMo "Honey, you didn't list underwear."
::MinnieMo "What? Yes I did. Right there. 1 pair in your carry on and 5 pairs in your checked bag."
::MickeyMo "No, I mean, you didn't say we'd be wearing underwear on the flight."
::MinnieMo "..."
::MickeyMo "I'm just saying."

PS
I added underwear.

:rotfl: I love this conversation! I am going to show this post to DH, he thinks MY obsessive planning is bad! :lmao: Now I feel justified in starting my own packing... *runs off to drag out suitcases*

Oh yeah, tell him you're nothing compared to me. LOL! It's probably true.

Here is my packing list:

CHECKED BAG
GENERAL

• Batteries
  • Battery Charger
  • Power Strip
  • First Aid Kit
  • Scissors
  • Quart Sized Ziplocs
  • Permanent Marker
  • Tape
  • Safety Pins
  • Anti-Bacterial Wipes
  • Sunblock
  • Lotion
  • Aloe Vera
  • Sudafed
  • Zantac
  • Zyrtec
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Body Wash
  • Laundry Bag
  • Laundry Soap
  • Stain Stick
  • Dryer Sheets
  • Pillow

HERS

• 3 tops (red, lace, floral---in all my list making, I have given my various tops titles, so I don't have to write "the blue wrap top with the black lace")
  • 2 pair shorts (tan, other---other means I need to buy another pair, haha)
  • 2 bras
  • 5 pair underwear
  • 5 pair socks
  • 1 pair shoes

TOILETRIES

• Shaving Cream
  • Razor
  • Razor Blades
  • Deodorant
  • Face Wash
  • Moisturizer
  • Toner
  • Foundation
  • Powder
  • Primer
  • Eyeshadow
  • Mascara
  • Blush
  • Brushes
  • Lipliner
  • Q-Tips
  • Cotton Balls
  • Tweezers
  • Hair Gel
  • Body Spray
  • Hair Ties
  • Floss
  • Toothpaste
  • Make Up Remover

(I know I have a heck of a lot of make up... I probably won't use any of it)

HIS

• 3 tops
  • 2 pair shorts
  • 5 pair underwear
  • 5 pair socks
  • 1 pair shoes

TOILETRIES

• Deodorant
  • Razor
  • Cologne

(notice how his list is much smaller?)

CARRY ONS
ON PERSON
HIS

• 1 pair shorts
  • 1 top
  • 1 pair underwear <---this is what I added! ha!
  • 1 belt
  • 1 pair walking shoes
  • 1 jacket

HERS

• 1 pair capris
  • 1 top (purple)
  • 1 pair underwear
  • 1 bra
  • 1 pair walking shoes
  • 1 jacket
  • Necklace
  • Earrings

LIQUIDS

• Purell
  • Toothpaste
  • Sunblock
  • Deodorant (his)
  • Deodorant (hers)
  • Lipgloss
  • Chapstick

HER SUITCASE

• Laptop in green sleeve
  • Laptop Charger
  • Mouse
  • Ethernet Cable
  • Cell Phone Charger
  • iPod cable
  • Card reader
  • 1 top (brown)
  • 1 pair shorts (white)
  • 1 pair underwear
  • 1 pair socks
  • 1 pair pajamas
  • 1 swimsuit
  • 1 pair sandals
  • Toothbrush
  • Hairbrush
  • Pin Lanyard
HER PURSE

• Photo ID
  • Credit/Debit Cards
  • Cash
  • MNSSHP Tickets
  • ME Booklet
  • Itineraries
  • Confirmation #s
  • Plane Tickets
  • Cell Phone
  • iPod
  • Headphones
  • Gum
  • Sunglasses
  • Camera
  • Advil
  • Notebook
  • Tip Envelopes
  • Pen
  • Tissue
  • Highlighter
  • Wallet
  • Blotting Papers
  • Book
  • Hair Ties

HIS BACKPACK

• Photo ID
  • Credit/Debit Cards
  • Cash
  • Cell Phone
  • iPod
  • Headphones
  • Gum
  • Sunglasses
  • Camera
  • Memory cards
  • Camcorder
  • Tapes
  • Batteries
  • Book

HIS DUFFEL BAG

• Laptop
  • Laptop Charger
  • Cell Phone Charger
  • iPod Cable
  • 1 top
  • 1 pair shorts
  • 1 pair underwear
  • 1 pair socks
  • 1 pair pajamas
  • 1 swimsuit
  • 1 pair sandals
  • Toothbrush
  • Mister Fan
  • Crystal Light
  • Water Bottle
  • 2 Ponchos

PARK BAGS
HER PURSE

• Photo ID
  • Credit/Debit Cards
  • Cash
  • MNSSHP Tickets
  • ME Booklet
  • Itineraries
  • Confirmation #s
  • Cell Phone
  • Gum
  • Sunglasses
  • Camera
  • Advil
  • Notebook
  • Pen
  • Tissue
  • Highlighter
  • Wallet
  • Hair Ties
  • Purell
  • Lipgloss
  • Pin Lanyard

HIS BACKPACK

• Photo ID
  • Credit/Debit Cards
  • Cash
  • Cell Phone
  • Gum
  • Sunglasses
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Batteries
  • Mister Fan
  • Crystal Light
  • Water Bottle
  • Sunblock
  • 2 Ponchos
  • Anti-Bacterial Wipes

I find that dividing things into bags really helps me figure things out. I even have smaller bags within the checked suitcase. We have a toiletries/med bag and a back with all of our writing stuff, scissors, etc. This list is missing a few things that I threw in as well. I have a printed version with lines for extra items. I always make a list of absolutely everything that's in the bag so I know nothing gets lost, stolen, or left behind.

Another wedding photo:

5894_1184250559764_1033238306_562619_593610_n.jpg

This is me getting fed up with my DH (FI at the time) goofing off while we were trying to get engagement photos:

2870_1130835264415_1033238306_370965_1641999_n.jpg

Before we were engaged. DH and I are nerds. That's my Google apron:

n589611402_1870783_67.jpg

And now, old Disneyland pictures!

My cousin and I hugging Mickey. You can see my younger cousin crying because she was afraid of characters. Her mom is holding her. I'm the dark haired one:

4158_90749115597_590060597_2384180_4422647_n.jpg

This isn't Disneyland, but I HAD to share. I guess I didn't like kiddie rides when I was little!

n589611402_1585738_4180.jpg

Our next trip to Disneyland. Cousin is no longer crying. I'm the middle. The littlest one with her eyes closed is my little sister.

n1033238306_204862_1703.jpg

I drew a honey pot in my autograph book and Pooh didn't understand that it wasn't real:

n589611402_1488002_2436.jpg

And last, but definitely not least we have the infamous Splash Mountain picture in which my cousin, my sister and I are all making the Splash Mountain face---which I STILL make when I ride that ride!

n1033238306_204865_2416.jpg

Hello :wave:. Joining in on your PTR. You sound a lot like me when it comes to planning. I have lists everywhere.

So cool that you will be at Chefs de France the same night at me (I have a 5:30 ADR) Maybe we will see each other.

My dad owns a computer repair business and he told my old PC yesterday to the tune of enough $$ to book the flight and pay for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!! :cool1:

I called to book the tour and got a fantastic CM named Ebeneezer. He was so funny and helpful. I mentioned that the tour was a surprise for my husband and he made sure to put a note in there so if there are any problems, the Disney rep that calls will ask for me and not for him. While he was doing so, he made sure that my ADRs were all correct and asked me if he could help me with anything else. I asked if he could put in a note to make sure the people at WCC mess with DH, and he said, "Just get up and go to the bathroom and tell the manager to lay it on him." :rotfl: He also said to ask for a little water. Never heard that one before, so I will have DH ask! I made sure to stay on the line after the call for the survey. Everything was EXCELLENT!

I am SOOOOO EXCITED! We have the perfect flight and the tour! DH is going to be so shocked!

I also bought Medieval Times tickets through Undercover Tourist today. :woohoo: I want to tell DH really badly, but I WILL hold out.

In fact, I've given my two surprises code names in the Itinerary.

On the night we're seeing Medieval Times, we're going to Hoop Dee Doo. Wink Wink.

On the day we have to show up at MK at 8:30am for KTTK, we're going to "breakfast" at Crystal Palace. Don't worry. I'll put granola bars in my purse so poor DH doesn't go hungry.

Yay, another West Coaster!!! :woohoo:

We are staying at Pop from the 15th to the 28th! And we are doing the MNSSHP on the 22nd also... ANd having dinner at LTT that night too!

I don't know what flight you were looking at for the morning of the 15th but it sure sounds like the one we are taking! lol :laughing:

We did the red eye last year and while it was nice to get there so early in the morning, the kids didn't sleep well on the plane, and if your kids are not sleeping, then you are not sleeping... :sad2: If it was just DH and I though, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Plans look like fun and I am sure your DH will love the surprises!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter