• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Hotel 1st visit? Request Tower?

MiaSRN62

DIS Veteran
Hello,
Our 1st visit to DL is coming up this October. We have 4 nights at the DL Hotel standard room. We are traveling with another family and the topic of which tower we should request came up. All together, we are 4 adults and 2 kids (boys 8 & 10). We were thinking Fantasy or Adventure Tower? Is the decor of all the rooms the same? What makes each Tower unique? I know some have themed suites, but as far as standard rooms does it really matter? Open to any and all opinions. Thank you!
***I was searching for specific room photos unique to each tower but nothing came up.

The rooms don't vary. The lobbies do. I like the Frontier Tower decor best. If you go during Christmas, the Fantasy Tower has a great Gingerbread House set up.

All I cared about was how close it was. I don't remember which it was (I think Frontier), but I wanted whichever tower had registration in it because it's the closest (I felt).

EDIT: Apparently Fantasy has the lobby, not Frontier.

Last edited:

Frontier has the cool model of BTMRR, but is furthest from anything. Adventure is closest to DTD and the parks, Fantasy has the lobby. The rooms will all be decorated the same but may have slightly different layouts. I'm hoping for Adventure when we stay there in October.

Fantasy Tower
One side has views out over the parking area looking to the hills in the distance. You can see part of DL from this side.
The other side looks over the center pool area of the hotel.
Adventure Tower
One side over looks DTD.
The other side looks over the center pool area of the hotel.

We always been assigned a room in the Fantasy Tower. No complaints here....

Thanks everyone....I am assuming Adventure for the proximity to DD. Since we have a standard room we most likely would not "face" DD? I am assuming standard view with all towers is parking area?? I would assume theme park/DD/pool view are the NON standard views?

All the towers are beautiful since the remodel. Just a thought. I have been told that when they try and fill requests they start with the first thing you ask for, then second etc. If you are traveling with another family and want to be located close together you might want to make that your first requests (unless you don't care) and then request the tower you prefer.
I just know when traveling we like to stay with the other's in our group. I think most of the rooms in Adventure are a view of some sort with the exception of the lower floors and rooms that would have a partial blockage of something. Have a wonderful vacation!!

I was wondering the same thing for when we go in February! My TA told me that the Adventure Tower only has 5 or 6 standard view rooms so it may be difficult to get the "closest" tower.

I decided to not ask ahead of time. It seems whenever I ask for a particular area at a Disney resort and then I actually get it, I'm much less satisfied then when I just leave it to chance. We got Adventure Tower on our trip in Feb and we liked it just fine. We had a 3rd story view of Tangaroa Terrace and the pool. As far as location, walking out and right onto DD, that was nice. But there's something to be said for being in one of the other buildings, adding a few steps to the parks, but walking "through" the resort. It gives you more of the Disney feeling.

I decided to not ask ahead of time. It seems whenever I ask for a particular area at a Disney resort and then I actually get it, I'm much less satisfied then when I just leave it to chance. We got Adventure Tower on our trip in Feb and we liked it just fine. We had a 3rd story view of Tangaroa Terrace and the pool. As far as location, walking out and right onto DD, that was nice. But there's something to be said for being in one of the other buildings, adding a few steps to the parks, but walking "through" the resort. It gives you more of the Disney feeling.
We want to keep our two families together....otherwise I wouldn't care as much about requesting. Had no idea Adventure only had 6 standard rooms?? Rest is suites? WOW.

Thanks everyone....I am assuming Adventure for the proximity to DD. Since we have a standard room we most likely would not "face" DD? I am assuming standard view with all towers is parking area?? I would assume theme park/DD/pool view are the NON standard views?

Our first stay in the Disneyland Hotel we had Adventure Tower standard, believe it was second or third floor and we overlooked Trader Sams. Still a chance you will face DD if I believe you wind up on the third or fourth floor.

The room decor is all the same but the room configuration is different. We have stayed at DLH quite a few times and I don't think we have had the same room configuration any time we have stayed there! If keeping your party close together is a priority, you should probably request that first, then I would request the Adventure Tower. We have always stayed in a standard room and have requested that tower and have gotten that most of the time. You might be placed on a lower floor but the view will still be better than the parking lot. FYI, DTD is not far from any of the towers. You will be only walking a short distance farther if you are in one of the other two towers. Make sure you check out the lobbies of all of the towers as they are all different and really fun to see. We love the DLH! It has so much to offer and you will be there when the weather is still good enough to enjoy the awesome pools and slides! Have fun!!

We prefer the Fantasy tower because we like to be in the same tower with the shops and lobby. We are not a fan of the Frontier Tower because it is the farthest walk coming home from a long day at the parks and away from the lobby and shops. The good things about the Frontier Tower is that it is right by Trader Sams and an entrance to the pool. We have stayed in both of those more than once. We have never stayed in the Adventure tower, but would be fine with it. It is between the other two. Our last trip we requested to be in either Fantasy or Adventure, and wound up in Fantasy.

The dates you are staying might impact how able they are to fulfill your requests. I know the week I am staying there (September 28-October 3) it is completely sold out so there's probably not much wiggle room for room requests. I was tempted to make one myself and ultimately decided just to go with whatever we end up getting.

Whatever tower your party ends up in you will have a wonderful time! The hotel, pools, etc. are all lovely and so much fun to explore. Have a great trip! :)

The dates you are staying might impact how able they are to fulfill your requests. I know the week I am staying there (September 28-October 3) it is completely sold out so there's probably not much wiggle room for room requests. I was tempted to make one myself and ultimately decided just to go with whatever we end up getting.

Whatever tower your party ends up in you will have a wonderful time! The hotel, pools, etc. are all lovely and so much fun to explore. Have a great trip! :)
We are just missing you! We check in Oct 3 and out Oct 8. I will definitely request we be placed closer together first......then the tower option 2nd. Thank you. From the responses, it almost seems split Fantasy or Adventure.

The artwork in the rooms is the only major in room difference. You will get photos and paintings with the attractions and theme of the tower you are in. Adventure has jungle cruise and swiss family Robinson treehouse photos and artwork. Fantasy tower rooms have teacups, carousel, dumbo, etc.

I like Fantasy tower the best, followed by Adventure. However, Adventure tower can be loud due to music from either Downtown Disney or Trader Sam's. Standard rooms tend to be in either Frontier tower (lower levels on each side) and the parking lot side of Fantasy Tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter