Disneyland Hotel 1st visit? Request Tower?

The dates you are staying might impact how able they are to fulfill your requests. I know the week I am staying there (September 28-October 3) it is completely sold out so there's probably not much wiggle room for room requests. I was tempted to make one myself and ultimately decided just to go with whatever we end up getting.

Whatever tower your party ends up in you will have a wonderful time! The hotel, pools, etc. are all lovely and so much fun to explore. Have a great trip! :)
We are there the same time 9/25 - 10/5! I requested the Fantasy Tower, but would be fine with the others as well. My daughter (8) is super excited about trying out the Monorail slides. She hoping to find a friend to play with in the pool. Do you think the pool will be really crowded at that time of year?

We are there the same time 9/25 - 10/5! I requested the Fantasy Tower, but would be fine with the others as well. My daughter (8) is super excited about trying out the Monorail slides. She hoping to find a friend to play with in the pool. Do you think the pool will be really crowded at that time of year?

I really can't say, I think it might ultimately come down to the weather! We are doing one dedicated pool day so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't be super crowded and that the weather cooperates!

The only time I have not seen the pool crowded was in the winter months. Although October won't be as bad as the summer months. You might not have as hard of a time finding a chair.
The very first time we stayed there it was February and my son wanted to try the Monorail slide and the pool. It was freezing! The lifeguards had jackets and sweatpants on. The main pool wasn't that bad as they heat it, but it was torture to go on the slide! Needless to say, there were only about 4-5 other people in the pool!

hmmm... hopefully I can find a shady spot. I'm not sure I want to spend the money to rent a cabana for just my daughter and myself. Seems like a waste of the space.

When we stay standard we've always gotten Fantasy tower. Yes you have the parking lot but usually you can see quite a bit of the fireworks (which is always nice when you're in your pj's!).
Kari

The rooms have the fridge. In the vending room on the ground floor, they have a microwave. My kids like to reheat leftovers there.

hmmm... hopefully I can find a shady spot. I'm not sure I want to spend the money to rent a cabana for just my daughter and myself. Seems like a waste of the space.
Well, I thought about it some more and decided to take the plunge! I booked a cabana for our check in day. I know my daughter wants pool time, so I figured it would give me a comfortable, shady place to sit while she swims and we wait for our room to be ready. We can have breakfast there and maybe even take a little nap. We'll have the cabana until 1:30 pm, so that should give her plenty of time to swim!

We stayed at DLH for the first time in March. After hearing others say Frontier Tower was such a long walk at the end of the day, my heart sank a little when they informed us we were in Frontier at check-in.

It turned out being awesome. The walk back at night wasn't bad at all. I never wished we were in a different tower. We did have a premium view room, not standard.

"long walk" is a pretty subjective term! Yes, Frontier Tower is "farther" than the other two towers, but we're talking maybe 100 yards more. That being said, I know how those extra steps can feel like miles at the end of a long park day. :snail:

"long walk" is a pretty subjective term! Yes, Frontier Tower is "farther" than the other two towers, but we're talking maybe 100 yards more. That being said, I know how those extra steps can feel like miles at the end of a long park day. :snail:

following along this thread, have only stayed in the lobby tower @ DLH. This trip we have a 'run of the house' room booked, figure we'll get placed in a closet somewhere lol.

OP hope u don't mind an extra question here: I vaguely recall cutting thru a large parking lot from trader sams to the VGC last trip. It seemed quicker than the main route thru DTD but I can't be sure:rolleyes1 . Is this short cut truly that?

Choose Fantasy Tower hands down. Fantasy Tower has most of the main hotel features attached to it (Goofy's Character Dining, Disney Store, Pool is Right Outside, Coffee Shop, Steakhouse 55, Convention Area with Artwork a nice stroll). For the best WiFi in the public areas, Fantasy Tower is it. Lounge at Steakhouse 55 has the best WiFi reception and a nice place to sit down (shh secret).

I might have missed this question here, but when is it appropriate to request a certain tower? Our trip is in 2 weeks.
TIA.

You can make your request at any time.
Thanks for your response. Like another poster, I'm halfway inclined to let nature take its course and see where we are placed. On the other hand, I've read about how noisy the DD side of the Adventure tour can be late at night, and my sis and I would not like that!

We have stayed in the DTD side of the Adventure Tower and we did not think the noise was that bad, but you could hear a little bit of it. The fireworks were louder. But the band down on DTD does stop at 10:00 so you won't have outside noise after that. I guess if you go to bed early, it could be a problem. The noise from the air running in the room helps cover up the noise also.

We have stayed in the DTD side of the Adventure Tower and we did not think the noise was that bad

I was going to say this also, we never have found it too loud but we don't go to bed early. We actually quite enjoy people watching and listening to the bands.

We have stayed in the DTD side of the Adventure Tower and we did not think the noise was that bad, but you could hear a little bit of it. The fireworks were louder. But the band down on DTD does stop at 10:00 so you won't have outside noise after that. I guess if you go to bed early, it could be a problem. The noise from the air running in the room helps cover up the noise also.
Thanks for your response. I did phone in my request yest. afternoon, but would not be upset if we were to be pixie-dusted with an upgrade to club level in the Adventure Tower! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter