Disneyland for Grown Ups

Double posting to ask should we make a ADR for dessert at Napa Rose? Would this be better than doing the fantasmic dessert seating!

Double posting to ask should we make a ADR for dessert at Napa Rose? Would this be better than doing the fantasmic dessert seating!

Hey, disneyluvr2, tinkcollector and I will be there at the same time! We're going during the Sept. Dapper Day. We're going to dress up but we aren't part of any organized group. Last year we were there (that was our tiara trip!) and happened to be in Carthay where we saw many people dressed in cool retro clothes. We decided it looked like great fun so...this time we're joining in on the dressing up!

You won't need an ADR for dessert at Napa Rose, I don't think. We never have, anyway. I like to wing it on things like that because a lot of times we don't really know what direction we'll be going later on in the day. I've never done the fantasmic dessert seating and I wouldn't say the two are very comparable. I personally don't like waiting around for check-ins and shows etc plus the cost has held me back. A dessert at NR is about $15 (not counting coffee, which is a must for me) and F! is more like...I can't remember. $50 maybe? Many people find F! well worth it but I've never taken the time to see the whole show. What I did see looked pretty awesome.

Now that our boys are in college, DH and I just go by ourselves. We are leaving in a few days for a 6 day trip.

We like being able to have ice cream for lunch and call it a meal! We also pick a nice place to eat once a trip which is cheaper for just two.

Anyway, some of my favorite things are:

Wine & cheese tasting at the wine bar in DCA. They used to have chocolate and port tasting but they stopped. Boo hoo!!! It was 3 types of port paired with Ghirardelli chocolates. Anyway, you sign up and pay a fee and you get these pairings and explanations about the chosen wines and cheeses. We got a lot of extra samplings, too! It's a lot of fun! Our sommelier (is that the right word? Wine expert?) was lots of fun and told us to be sure and ride Tower of Terror right afterward and he was right--it was a whole different experience :rotfl2:

Oh, I like the idea of the wine and cheese tasting! Did you make a reservation for that, or just walk in? Do you remember how much it cost?

Hey, disneyluvr2, tinkcollector and I will be there at the same time! We're going during the Sept. Dapper Day. We're going to dress up but we aren't part of any organized group. Last year we were there (that was our tiara trip!) and happened to be in Carthay where we saw many people dressed in cool retro clothes. We decided it looked like great fun so...this time we're joining in on the dressing up!

Yes -- I remember that from the dapper day thread. Keep an eye on the website -- a list of activities will be posted (you don't need to be part of anything organized in advance to participate -- in the past there's been a meet up at the King Arthur Carousel, a ride on the tall ship, a cocktail hour at CCL, stuff like that).

Good to know about the NR dessert. I'm not sure if my friend is into shows or not. We've got some plans to make! Lol

Oh, I like the idea of the wine and cheese tasting! Did you make a reservation for that, or just walk in? Do you remember how much it cost?

We walked up and made a reservation, but it wasn't very far in advance. We just weren't sure what the times were as it's not always offered.

Here is some information on it, but it is probably kind of dated. You might try and find out more current info as this still lists the port and chocolate, which was discontinued at least a year ago. They DID tell me that you can go over to Ghirardelli and bring your own chocolate, but that's hardly the same, is it??!! How odd that they discontinued it when Ghirardelli is now in the park.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/...den-vine-winery-port-and-bleu-cheese-tasting/

ETA: here is a more current listing of the prices http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_wt.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter