Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
¡Viva Navidad! Performers. One of the best entertainment offerings of the season in my opinion!

The Wheel of Death during WOC Winter Dreams

A Hanukkah segment during Winter Dreams

More Winter Dreams

I am severely lacking in this theme....thank goodness Viva Navidad is included. I took plenty of pictures of that. It was one of my favorite things to see. So upbeat and colorful!

I did get a picture of the tree in the Paradise Pier area:
DSCN0276_1.jpg
DSCN0275.jpg

Viva Navidad:
DSCN0279.jpg

The lovely dancers:
DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

Mickey and Minnie:
DSCN0566.jpg
DSCN0578.jpg

Donald: (I wish I gotten a better picture of all three Caballeros!)
DSCN0556.jpg

So my intention was to participate in EVERY challenge this year (since I did get to visit during the holidays last year) and I have already failed. With school starting and a million other things that went on, I just didn't get to participate in the last 3 weeks! But I'm hoping to participate in the rest! Thank you Sherry for this - I love this thread!

I did not take as many photos as I thought I would on this trip, because once I got there I just reveled in the magic with my family and kind of forgot about the camera. Hopefully this year when we go back I will take more photos!

So I only have 2 photos for this theme, but yay I have something! So I have my family in front of the Paradise Pier Christmas tree and my family with Goofy at Viva Navidad!

paradisepier.jpg

vivanavidad.jpg

You're very welcome, DeDe -- and thank you so much for participating! I wondered what happened to you over the last 3 theme weeks. I didn't want to hound you about contributing -- I figured you were busy -- but I remembered that you went last year and probably took a lot of photos. Hang on to all of the photos for the themes you missed -- (1) Christmas Trees/Wreaths/Holiday Flowers & Plants; (2) Holiday Characters/PhotoPass/Santa Claus; and (3) Holiday Treats & Treasures (Food & Merchandise) -- as those can be posted in our final theme week (Holiday Cornucopia), or some of them may even fit into other theme weeks we have coming up.

So I got the video searched got some good pics but photo buckets down booo so ill have to get it all uploaded soon but I do have shots to add. Could I also add a link to the you tube video for those who haven't seen winter dreams woc?

I hope my pics uploaded to Photobucket. When I went to look at them it was down for maintenance. I hope they are all there when photobucket comes back up!

Love the pics so far! I love Viva Navidad, so colorful and fun!

So I got the video searched got some good pics but photo buckets down booo so ill have to get it all uploaded soon but I do have shots to add. Could I also add a link to the you tube video for those who haven't seen winter dreams woc?

Yes -- you can also add the link to your video of Winter Dreams!

I hope my pics uploaded to Photobucket. When I went to look at them it was down for maintenance. I hope they are all there when photobucket comes back up!

Love the pics so far! I love Viva Navidad, so colorful and fun!

I hate whenever Photobucket is down for maintenance. I hate when they start fiddling around and changing things on their site. One time several years back, they DID wipe out everyone's photos -- or everyone's photo were suddenly not appearing. It was a colossal server goof or something. They managed to restore everything but it was a scary day or two. Then, a couple of years ago, they did the massive layout change and overhaul of their website. When they did it, they removed quite a few features that people were using, and they made things harder to deal with. After receiving many complaints from angry customers (many of whom are paying customers), they finally began restoring a lot of the features. I hope they are not about to do another overhaul on the site again. Sometimes they should just leave well enough alone.

Edited to add: I just checked one of my Photobucket accounts and I got in -- it's not down for maintenance! :confused:

Warning, photo overload ahead:

And this place had the best hot chocolate ever

And Winter Dreams (not ashamed to say this made me tear up)!

And I had to get this pic since it's my hometown:

First off, Paradise Pier

garland near TSMM

Paradise Pier tree

garland at Ariel's

And Viva Navidad! Loved that show! We stood in front of Bayside Brews facing the Paradise Garden eatery area, and I stood in that general area maybe 15 minutes before the show at 5/6-ish (I don't remember what time, but it was around then).

and introducing the two newest foklorico dancers:
Abbie

and Olivia (so cool how they grabbed people/kids to join them dancing! My girls had a blast!)

Drat, I didn't get a chance to upload photos for last weeks them because since school has started I have been super busy. Oh well, the positive of school starting is that I will be so busy that time will go by faster, and thus my Disneyland trip will feel like it arrives sooner! Anyway, here's my photos for this week's theme :) Some of them I have shared in a previous theme (Viva Navidad pics with Goofy)--is that okay, Sherry?

This year I'd like to check out more of the Viva Navidad activities if I get a chance. Last year, we went to the area on Paradise Pier as the festivities were shutting down. If I remember correctly, we were one of the last groups to take photos with Goofy. I didn't see the parade or try any of the food from the event. Hopefully this year!

156_1.jpg

289.jpg

54454850314.jpg

54454850310.jpg

I am loving all of the great photos of Viva Navidad, Winter Dreams and Paradise Pier/Pacific Wharf! It seems to be unanimous -- we all loved Viva Navidad! I just found it to be really joyful and the music was infectious.

Drat, I didn't get a chance to upload photos for last weeks them because since school has started I have been super busy. Oh well, the positive of school starting is that I will be so busy that time will go by faster, and thus my Disneyland trip will feel like it arrives sooner! Anyway, here's my photos for this week's theme :) Some of them I have shared in a previous theme (Viva Navidad pics with Goofy)--is that okay, Sherry?

This year I'd like to check out more of the Viva Navidad activities if I get a chance. Last year, we went to the area on Paradise Pier as the festivities were shutting down. If I remember correctly, we were one of the last groups to take photos with Goofy. I didn't see the parade or try any of the food from the event. Hopefully this year!

156_1.jpg

289.jpg

54454850314.jpg

54454850310.jpg

Yes -- it's okay to reuse photos, as long as they fit the themes! There are some photos that will end up counting for more than one theme -- like, for example, your Goofy photo is a character photo and a Viva Navidad photo. Or, a Paradise Pier wreath photo would count for this week as well as the previous Christmas Tree/Wreath week.

I love seeing and hearing that everyone else enjoyed Viva Navidad so much as well! Definitely one of my favorite parts of the Holiday offerings last year. :D

Well I think some of these may be repeats, but there are a few here I haven't shared in a previous week. I think this year I want to try and watch the Viva Navidad parade. All pictures from November 2014
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Cleaning up from Viva Navidad (I loved the decorated sweepers!)
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

across from the DCA Carousel
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I love the PP tree in the background
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Oh, I finally found one from 2013, I was pregnant here and our daughter was 2 1/2
ry%3D400

Last edited by a moderator:
All these wonderful pictures! I will have to at least take a gander into CA Adventure this year if nothing else to see in person the extra Christmas decorations and I'd love to see some of Viva Navidad. While I'm in the park there go to Ghiradelli :D ETA: I'm glad to hear pix are able to be re-used. I may need to do that down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter