Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to clarify that outside of the dessert party, there is no seating area for WOC. You can sit on the ground while you wait, but for the show it's all standing, even with the dining packages.

Thanks, I do realize there are not chairs so I should have called it a reserved area instead of seating area.

Does anyone know who the speaker/reader is for the Candlelight Processional this Saturday? And am I right in assuming it is this Saturday December 3?

Yes they have chairs and it is a very good view. Didn't enjoy the tour but loved the view for the parade and the hot chocolate.

Apologies if this is already asked and answered a hundred times...

Are there Main St. Projections with the Christmas fireworks? In other words, do I need to stake out a spot on Main St. for PTN and then the fireworks (like I did for the 60th)? Or are there other places that are just as good to watch from?

According to Disney Geek's latest report, there were no projections on the buildings on Main St during the fireworks show. But the view from anywhere on Main St is still pretty spectacular! The viewing near Small World is also pretty.

27 more sleeps until we leave for our Christmas/New Year's trip! Can't wait!

I have a really silly question, but the Christmas Parade route, is it between IASW to town square & similar to others in that its one direction for first showing, then the other direction for second showing?

Reason I'm asking is because we plan on seeing it, but the weekend of Candlelight and I've heard to avoid Main St that weekend - would IASW be a better spot to wait? The DLR website mentions by the matterhorn? I've only seen parades from Main Street in the past, so just wondering another alternative? (note: just 2 adults going so we wont take much room) :)

According to Disney Geek's latest report, there were no projections on the buildings on Main St during the fireworks show. But the view from anywhere on Main St is still pretty spectacular! The viewing near Small World is also pretty.

27 more sleeps until we leave for our Christmas/New Year's trip! Can't wait!

There were no projections on main street when we saw Believe during our trip (11/8-11/15). Just on the castle.

I saw it done once at 7pm, I think they do a couple of them throughout the night.
I think it was at the bottom of the hour every hour? I could be wrong, but I think that's what we finally figured it out to be. The it's a small world show was every hour at the top of the hour, IIRC.

Hello everyone I am new to The Dis and I am seeking help!!! My vacation will be from 12/14 to 12/17 at Disneyland/DCA, it is the first time ever we go during the Holidays. I believe there will be a lot of people during the parks to actually try to ride the attractions but do you guys know of any other things we might be able to do?? My daughter is 4 we currently have reservations for the Paint the night Aladdin package and the Plaza Inn, other than that I am literally lost. I was thinking of just going with the flow but by reading some of the posts here I am kind of freaking out :/. Any help appreciated! Thank You!!

lhd72jpwbj6786nv.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone I am new to The Dis and I am seeking help!!! My vacation will be from 12/14 to 12/17 at Disneyland/DCA, it is the first time ever we go during the Holidays. I believe there will be a lot of people during the parks to actually try to ride the attractions but do you guys know of any other things we might be able to do?? My daughter is 4 we currently have reservations for the Paint the night Aladdin package and the Plaza Inn, other than that I am literally lost. I was thinking of just going with the flow but by reading some of the posts here I am kind of freaking out :/. Any help appreciated! Thank You!!

lhd72jpwbj6786nv.png

Welcome to the DIS! You will absolutely be able to enjoy the rides, check HydroGuys thread for newbies..lots of info there. Best advice I ever received and I agree, get there early!

Hydroguys link
http://www.disboards.com/threads/dl...iews-hydroguys-tips-newbie-info-here.1072276/

lhd72jpwbj6786nv.png

During more crowded times (like mid-afternoon), it might be a good time to check out various shows around the parks. We saw Mickey and the Magical Map in Fantasyland, the Tangled Show in Fantasy Faire (would have loved to see the Beauty and the Beast show too, but didn't have time), the Disney Junior show and Frozen shows in California Adventure (though Frozen will probably be very crowded also). They were all great! Our DD is 4 as well, and she was a bit restless about 1/2 way through, but it was a long show. The other shows aren't nearly as long, and she did great with them.

Characters might also be a good thing mid-day also...especially the ones that randomly appear in various places (rather than having actual queues). Lines can't form really until the character appears. I'm thinking of Peter Pan and Captain Hook (they appeared together by the Pixie Hollow exit when we were there), Aurora I believe meets at the wishing well? I think another princess meets there too, alternating w/Aurora. I don't know how your DD is with people in costume, but the first time DD went to DLR last year she was afraid of the fur characters, but totally fine with the face characters. THis year, at 4, she was pretty good with both face and fur characters. Just be prepared for characters maybe not going over so well.

There's always Musical Chairs w/Alice and the Mad Hatter at Coke Corner (ask a CM at Coke Corner in the morning what time Musical Chairs is at).

DD's absolute favorite ride is the teacups. It's never been a favorite of mine, but the first time she rode it the pure joy on her face was infectious. It's now a must do every trip. So I would definitely suggest doing rides you might not personally be a fan of...your child might be!

Also, the best advice we had with introducing DD to Disneyland last year was to try and terrace her ride experiences. We started with outdoor rides like Dumbo/Casey Junior/Storybook Canal Boats/Jungle Cruise, etc....then moved on to not so scary dark rides (Peter Pan, Pirates, Alice in Wonderland, it's a small world, etc)...then the "scarier" dark rides..(Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Haunted Mansion Holiday, etc (DD totally giggled in the stretch room that year :)). This year she was finally 40", so we added in Gadget's Go Coaster, Soarin', Big Thunder Mountain and Star Tours (she did NOT like the Naboo scene in Star Tours at all, but was fine with all the others we saw..we rode it 2x). I do think introducing the attractions that way really helped DD not be scared by the time we got to the scarier dark rides.

I hope that helps a little! This thread is great for questions..everyone here is very nice and helpful. :) Feel free to ask whatever you need!

Welcome to the DIS! You will absolutely be able to enjoy the rides, check HydroGuys thread for newbies..lots of info there. Best advice I ever received and I agree, get there early!

Hydroguys link
http://www.disboards.com/threads/dl...iews-hydroguys-tips-newbie-info-here.1072276/

I am hoping to at least ride the "Christmasy" rides like The Haunted Mansion, Jingle Cruise and it's a Small World and I am hoping the new Soaring over the world. Thank you so much will definitely check the Hydroguys thread

During more crowded times (like mid-afternoon), it might be a good time to check out various shows around the parks. We saw Mickey and the Magical Map in Fantasyland, the Tangled Show in Fantasy Faire (would have loved to see the Beauty and the Beast show too, but didn't have time), the Disney Junior show and Frozen shows in California Adventure (though Frozen will probably be very crowded also). They were all great! Our DD is 4 as well, and she was a bit restless about 1/2 way through, but it was a long show. The other shows aren't nearly as long, and she did great with them.

Characters might also be a good thing mid-day also...especially the ones that randomly appear in various places (rather than having actual queues). Lines can't form really until the character appears. I'm thinking of Peter Pan and Captain Hook (they appeared together by the Pixie Hollow exit when we were there), Aurora I believe meets at the wishing well? I think another princess meets there too, alternating w/Aurora. I don't know how your DD is with people in costume, but the first time DD went to DLR last year she was afraid of the fur characters, but totally fine with the face characters. THis year, at 4, she was pretty good with both face and fur characters. Just be prepared for characters maybe not going over so well.

There's always Musical Chairs w/Alice and the Mad Hatter at Coke Corner (ask a CM at Coke Corner in the morning what time Musical Chairs is at).

DD's absolute favorite ride is the teacups. It's never been a favorite of mine, but the first time she rode it the pure joy on her face was infectious. It's now a must do every trip. So I would definitely suggest doing rides you might not personally be a fan of...your child might be!

Also, the best advice we had with introducing DD to Disneyland last year was to try and terrace her ride experiences. We started with outdoor rides like Dumbo/Casey Junior/Storybook Canal Boats/Jungle Cruise, etc....then moved on to not so scary dark rides (Peter Pan, Pirates, Alice in Wonderland, it's a small world, etc)...then the "scarier" dark rides..(Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Haunted Mansion Holiday, etc (DD totally giggled in the stretch room that year :)). This year she was finally 40", so we added in Gadget's Go Coaster, Soarin', Big Thunder Mountain and Star Tours (she did NOT like the Naboo scene in Star Tours at all, but was fine with all the others we saw..we rode it 2x). I do think introducing the attractions that way really helped DD not be scared by the time we got to the scarier dark rides.

I hope that helps a little! This thread is great for questions..everyone here is very nice and helpful. :) Feel free to ask whatever you need!

Thank you so much for your advice! This are really very good tips. my DD is really looking forward to meeting Daisy I hope we are able to see her, I was thinking of doing the Ariels Grotto reservation but I heard better reviews for the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn so I went for that one instead.I hope it's a good choice. On the shows do you by any chance know if anything involving Frozen offers fastpasses??

You are are right everyone here is so helpful thank you All!

Thank you so much for your advice! This are really very good tips. my DD is really looking forward to meeting Daisy I hope we are able to see her, I was thinking of doing the Ariels Grotto reservation but I heard better reviews for the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn so I went for that one instead.I hope it's a good choice. On the shows do you by any chance know if anything involving Frozen offers fastpasses??

You are are right everyone here is so helpful thank you All!

FP for frozen show no longer avil, just need to stand in line now.. the recommended is 30min to 1 hour before show time if you like a decent seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter