Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy to post a few photos from our Christmas trip last week, but not sure how to do that. Can someone help me with instructions??

I would be happy to post a few photos from our Christmas trip last week, but not sure how to do that. Can someone help me with instructions??

Hi Disgram! In order to share your pictures, you will need to create an account on a photo-sharing site (i.e. there are a lot of free ones such as Photobucket, Flickr) and upload your pictures there. Once you upload your pictures, there should be options there to share your photos and you can copy the URL that they have to share photos on bulletin boards (it's the one with IMG in the link). Good luck!

PHXscuba, Flitterific, lapdwife, Sue, Halloweenqueen, amamax2 and anyone else I am forgetting who welcomed me back or commented on Photobucket - yes, it takes a million years to load 1600 photos to Photobucket!! My PC is ancient and Photobucket is sllloooooowww. That is not a good mix! I have gotten 1200 of the photos loaded so far, but that took all day yesterday and part of today, while I am trying to rest and/or do other things. I've been super busy as well as sick:sick: so everything is annoying me!!

As KCMike says, just keep shooting. So many of my 1600 photos are just similar versions of the first photo. I kept taking multiple shots to make sure I came up with at least one or two decent ones. So I won't be posting all of the 1600 photos on the DIS because many of them are useless!

By the way, I should pat myself on the back for having the foresight to change my DLR dates to earlier in December this year. If I had followed the same pattern as when I went to DLR for the last 3 years, I would have ended up there this weekend - in all of the rain. Yes, the crowds would have been non-existent, but I would have been a drenched mess and would not have been able to get on a roll with the pictures. So I'm glad I went when I did - even though it was almost 90 degrees on the first day or two, and not very Christmasy!

Oh, and when I got my peppermint ice cream at DLR, I had planned on getting it in the chocolate-covered holiday cone with red and green sprinkles, like what they showed on Guy Fieri's special...UNTIL I noticed that Gibson Girl also had a holiday cone covered in crushed candy cane pieces!!! So I ate my peppermint ice cream in a cone encrusted in peppermint bits! YUM!! (And then I almost had a disaster on Main Street that would have involved my cone spilling on the ground and my camera shattering into a million pieces, as well as knocking a trash can over in the process...but I narrowly avoided that mishap and it all worked out.:))

Eek...you're still sick? Hope you feel better soon :hug: I've been sick on and off since I returned from our Thanksgiving trip (I think it's DLR withdrawal blame DBF for taking me away from the mouse :rotfl:).

And it sounds like you have quite a story involving your ice cream cone...do share ;)

So, our Christmas cards finally made it to their recipients! So, now I'm sharing them with everyone! They're printed on Pearl paper...that's why it's a bit sparkly.

This is the original file:

2010_outside_inside.jpg

And here's a couple snapshots of it ready to be sent out:

INSIDE
final_inside.jpg

OUTSIDE
final_outside.jpg

What a lovely card! Now if only I could design something like that for my scrapbook :cutie:

So, our Christmas cards finally made it to their recipients! So, now I'm sharing them with everyone! They're printed on Pearl paper...that's why it's a bit sparkly.

This is the original file:

2010_outside_inside.jpg

And here's a couple snapshots of it ready to be sent out:

INSIDE
final_inside.jpg

OUTSIDE
final_outside.jpg

Ok who did your cards? Who was the photographer? That is amazing!!!!

Okay, I haven't posted anything Christmasy since my short November trip. So I am going to make up for lost time now!

I actually just started plucking things at random, but I had so many shots I wasn't even sure what to pick. I could probably fill up another Christmas thread with all the photos I took.

We'll start with these -

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

Aha! What is this I see? Could it be a hidden tree? I do see two or three! A Tree Quest score for ME!!! (Suddenly I am talking like I’m in a Dr. Seuss story.)

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

Now that is a lot of pictures Sherry. You easily beat me for the most pictures on the Holiday decorations at the DLR. :thumbsup2 I like all of them and have not seen some of them during my trip last month. All the garlands, ornaments, wreaths, trees, treats, etc. pictures are very clear and great.

Bravo on the smallest Holiday details on each of your photos. :worship:

Now that is a lot of pictures Sherry. You easily beat me for the most pictures on the Holiday decorations at the DLR. :thumbsup2 I like all of them and have not seen some of them during my trip last month. All the garlands, ornaments, wreaths, trees, treats, etc. pictures are very clear and great.

Bravo on the smallest Holiday details on each of your photos. :worship:

Thank you, Bret! I think I have enough to post whenever the thread hits a slow period!!:rotfl2:

Yes, I was all up in the details of everything!:rotfl2: I was crawling around, over, behind, under and above anyone who was blocking me from getting to the trees and the window displays!! One guy moved out of my way a couple of times (I didn't ask him to, but he saw how determined I was to get the shots).:rotfl2: I still didn't get everything I wanted to get on camera - I missed a lot - but I got a lot more than I have in the past.

Bret, You have all the wonderful WDW photos as well as the DLR photos, so that's a huge advantage too! And you said you are probably going to be making another DLR trip in January, right? More photos!!:cool1::cool1:

Ok well I guess sherry wins the tree quest and wreath quest…. Everyone else can stop trying! LOL :lmao:

WOW sherry, *that* is a lot of photos!!!! Dang!!!! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

The shots are really clear though…. :yay: :yay:

Thank you, Bret! I think I have enough to post whenever the thread hits a slow period!!:rotfl2:

Yes, I was all up in the details of everything!:rotfl2: I was crawling around, over, behind, under and above anyone who was blocking me from getting to the trees and the window displays!! One guy moved out of my way a couple of times (I didn't ask him to, but he saw how determined I was to get the shots).:rotfl2: I still didn't get everything I wanted to get on camera - I missed a lot - but I got a lot more than I have in the past.

Bret, You have all the wonderful WDW photos as well as the DLR photos, so that's a huge advantage too! And you said you are probably going to be making another DLR trip in January, right? More photos!!:cool1::cool1:

Every small details that you did on your camera was very good and you did almost everything you did to get a good picture of the Holiday decorations.

Thanks for keeping track of my TR and I did took over 2500 pictures during my WDW trip. That includes Universal Orlando Islands of Adventure & DTD. As you know, I don't post all the pics on my flickr since some of them are bad and not as interesting as the other pictures.

Yes, I am going back to DL next month since I am working in Bakersfield during a Anime Convention. While it was only about 3 hours from DL to Bakersfield, I thought it would nice to do a quick trip to DL and than work in Bakersfield. When I am there at DL it is all about the pictures and RDCT fireworks. I am very looking forward to see RDCT again.

I am kind of mad already when someone hit my car on the side of the road. I parked my car right next to a store and went inside and than all of a sudden I heard a loud noise and saw that my car alarm went off. I than saw my front of my car and it has a hole in the bumper. I heard from another person that it was a hit and run. The truck that hit my car ran off. I was mad about that and all of a sudden when I am excited to go to DL next month and than it turns out to be a miserable day.

amamax2, JH87, funatdisney, Disgram23kids, Flitterific, & Funball:
Thanks for the kind words! I love the card too! I've been sooo excited about them since I got them and I couldn't wait til everyone got theirs in the mail! I did the photos as well as the design. I used a tripod and the camera timer. You'd think I woulda learned from last year's family photos and gotten myself a remote for the camera, but no...totally forgot again!

AND OMG! We LOOOOVE Disney at Christmastime. It was our first time going to Disneyland during the Hoildays. DH loved it so much, he's thinking of going every December!!!

But not on Christmas Eve. Disney has an article about this couple that has gone to Disneyland every Christmas Eve for the last 45 years! Crazy! Here's the link if anyone wants to read it:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...secutive-christmas-eves-at-disneyland-resort/

And Sherry...WOW! I'm loving your detail photos at Disneyland! It's making me miss being there sooo much that I wanna drop everything and just go back. LOL! I love the NBC tree. Where was that at?

amamax2, JH87, funatdisney, Disgram23kids, Flitterific, & Funball:
Thanks for the kind words! I love the card too! I've been sooo excited about them since I got them and I couldn't wait til everyone got theirs in the mail! I did the photos as well as the design. I used a tripod and the camera timer. You'd think I woulda learned from last year's family photos and gotten myself a remote for the camera, but no...totally forgot again!

AND OMG! We LOOOOVE Disney at Christmastime. It was our first time going to Disneyland during the Hoildays. DH loved it so much, he's thinking of going every December!!!

But not on Christmas Eve. Disney has an article about this couple that has gone to Disneyland every Christmas Eve for the last 45 years! Crazy! Here's the link if anyone wants to read it:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...secutive-christmas-eves-at-disneyland-resort/

And Sherry...WOW! I'm loving your detail photos at Disneyland! It's making me miss being there sooo much that I wanna drop everything and just go back. LOL! I love the NBC tree. Where was that at?

uneekstylez - I loved your Christmas cards too! Very clever and creative!! What a great idea to do that.

Thank you for the compliment! That's the thing about these Christmas threads. Whether you have never been to DLR during the season at all, perhaps haven't been there in a long while, or, maybe even just returned from a holiday trip there, everyone's photos do a good job of making us want to head right back there or get there ASAP!! I find that happens a lot. As much as I have seen, there is always more stuff to see in others' photos, and it makes me want to get back for the holidays ASAP.

The Nightmare Before Christmas tree was in World of Disney, on top of a display shelf or rack with NBC things. I almost walked past it because it didn't stand out as a 'tree' given that it was black and it just kind of blended in to the surroundings. But I did a double take and realized what it was!

And thank you Bret, Sara and Mike for the comments.

Bret, I hope you get your car situation straightened out and that insurance will handle it. But I know it's a pain to have to deal with a damaged car in the middle of the holidays and in between Disney trips.

Great pics Sherry. I really enjoyed them and am looking forward to some more.

I have an idea that might be fun for when the thread needs to be bumped. Maybe have a game where someone posts a picture from somewhere in DLR, and we try to guess where it was taken. May add some interest in the slow times.

Sherry,

Well, I knew it would be worth waiting for your trip and your pictures! They are fabulous!!!

Almost every single one is something I did not see when we were there - and while I didn't make it to every corner of the DLR, I was in some of the same places, but still didn't see those details (or in some cases - big items, lol). It truly amazes me that so many of us can go to DL, and then post pictures, and have them be of different things.

I love the "Bow Quest." And all the trees you found - you did the Quest proud! :worship:

Keep 'em coming - I can't wait to see more.

I finally got to use my new camera at night! :banana:
IMG_0149.jpg

Great shot!!

Beautiful as always, Mike!

I am kind of mad already when someone hit my car on the side of the road. I parked my car right next to a store and went inside and than all of a sudden I heard a loud noise and saw that my car alarm went off. I than saw my front of my car and it has a hole in the bumper. I heard from another person that it was a hit and run. The truck that hit my car ran off. I was mad about that and all of a sudden when I am excited to go to DL next month and than it turns out to be a miserable day
[/QUOTE].

Bret,

That is terrible! I'm so sorry that happened.

Sherry,

Well, I knew it would be worth waiting for your trip and your pictures! They are fabulous!!!

Almost every single one is something I did not see when we were there - and while I didn't make it to every corner of the DLR, I was in some of the same places, but still didn't see those details (or in some cases - big items, lol). It truly amazes me that so many of us can go to DL, and then post pictures, and have them be of different things.

I love the "Bow Quest." And all the trees you found - you did the Quest proud! :worship:

Keep 'em coming - I can't wait to see more.

Bow Quest!!:rotfl2: That's a quest I hadn't even thought of before I started taking the pictures. It was an impromptu quest!!

Thank you so much for the compliments, amamax2! I figured I'd better hurry and get something in this thread before everyone forgot me. But I have soooooooo many other photos I will be posting, either here or in the TR. I was sneaking behind people, and crawling into spaces between people and window displays to get photos. I got all the standard stuff that we all have - like the NOS and IASWH wreaths. But I was really trying to find something different, or get a few new angles (like the one of the sun and the wreath outside of PPH) to show here. I can use the other stuff as filler later on, when we are all trying to bump the thread.

It really is amazing how there are so many things to see. And everyone's perspectives and ideas are interesting! As many photos as I took, I also missed so many areas. I did not even get to A Bug's Land, and I didn't spend nearly enough time in DCA. I was all over ToonTown, NOS, Main Street, the Round-Up and by IASWH, but I still missed out on soooooo many things. I went into all 3 hotels and I'm sure I still missed trees ad wreaths - and bows!!:rotfl2: I missed so many trees and wreaths in DL. And while I saw two sets of carolers at the GCH - one set by the tree and one set in the hallway - I never got to sit down and enjoy the carolers with a cup of cocoa! Where does the time go? I was busy the entire trip, and yet I missed so many things!!

I also took deejdigsdis' lead (she her TR) and started snapping light fixtures and lamps here and there - Lamp Quest!!

There is simply just not enough time to get pictures of everything. I think I need at least a solid 4 days totally by myself to get most of what I want to get. But I enjoyed having the 'friend days,' too. I don't know what my holiday plans will be for 2011, but if I head back to DLR, I hope to add more nights. Not to mention the fact that I loved my PPH room (awesome view) and I loved having it all to myself!! I think I was better rested and got more sleep on this DLR trip than any of my previous DLR trips - simply because I had the room to myself and didn't have to worry about waking anyone up or being awakened by anyone else!!

Liza - we could do that (post photos and have people guess the location), but they would have to be holiday photos (in keeping with this thread).

We can also continue to do what we have been doing and just post more holiday photos of DLR when the thread gets slow, or when it's time to bump. I also have to go back and fll in the posts on the first page with info, ToC, etc. I have a feeling that between amamax2, Bret, Sara, Mike, Jazz, you, Flitterific, lapdwife, myself and all of the other wonderful contributors, we probably have tons more to share during those slower times. Heck, what I posted here was just a sampling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter