• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneyEverAfter's Escape 5/8/12 SBP/Fultons/Japan ~ TR put on hold...

Those came out good! Man, I wish I had some of your craftiness!

And I really like the sparkly accent. But I like anything with sparklies at this point. :laughing:

Thank you! but I am still not 100% sold! I think our wedding is so casual that the extra sparkly is too fancy.. Instead I might put a crystal mickey in there, what do ya think? I love to make crafty things =P I would do it as a job if someone offered it to me! :goodvibes I am detail oriented and definite type A, I mean, come on, I have a binder with all my Disney wedding & honeymoon info I am that organized! Haha

Finally took pics of me in my dress! I should have posted pics earlier from when I bought it.. I thought Nyx would sneak in & peek on my PJ =P Which he has threatened.. but never has. & now that I said my dress would be in it I know he won't peek (he REALLY doesn't want to see what the dress even looks like let alone me IN the dress.. he's very old fashioned in so many ways). Anyway- Here it is! (sorry for the ugly makeup-less face... esp. those dark eye circles! D: & also the tags lol)

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

I am just in love with this dress! When I was having it hemmed & taken in, etc I kept saying "HOW DOES MY BUTT LOOK?!" :laughing: I am IN LOVE with the back, especially the way the details in the back look with the bustle! Did I post my drama with the bustle? I can't recall... Drama with the bustle: the way the lady who sold me the dress said how the french bustle would lay is not actually how the alteration team does it :confused3 So the way she showed me looked gorgeous and showed off the details in the back, but when I was in alterations I HATED it... So we decided on a "regular" bustle for the dress after the seamstress showed me my options (as you see in the pics) The dress fits perfectly & I love it! But I just wish I weighed less =< My arms are huge, I have back fat (ugh), & I have big a big chest (which isn't the problem lol) but it causes me to have that armpit fat! I know I am ripping myself apart but it's just frustrating feeling like you're not in your own body ya know? Damn you long-term illnesses! D; Le Ugh... =\

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In other news, I have been deciding how I want the half-up portion of my hair for the wedding day.. Now (being the geeks we are) we love Renaissance Faires :lovestruc So last time we all went to the NY Ren Faire I had gotten my hair braided (I never get my hair done by friends or anyone really because it's so long & thick that no one wants to touch it!) So I treated myself to an updo that FSIL took pics of (yes it's a heart in a heart if you look closely! This lady was seriously talented!):

Aug2011014.jpg

Aug2011013.jpg

So I have been thinking of doing some sort of elegant braid in the up-do part and the long curls on the bottom (I really can't handle my thick hair all completely down on The Big Day) But I haven't been able to find many wedding inspirations at this point for the up-do part (besides my own! =P) What do you ladies think?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Also, I can't resist! Sorry honey! I snapped this pic of Nyx & our Luna last night when I went to crawl into bed :lmao: It was just too cute!

IMG_0127.jpg

Renee,

Just jumping in.

Love the programs! I say go with the sparkles! They give it a great pop.

You look great in your dress. It's lovely!

Good luck with all the last minute stuff.

Renee,

Just jumping in.

Love the programs! I say go with the sparkles! They give it a great pop.

You look great in your dress. It's lovely!

Good luck with all the last minute stuff.

Thank you! Glad you're following along with my very last minute plans! :D

I love the sparkly blue accents on your programs! I think it really makes it pop. Gorgeous! I would love to make some DIY invites/STDs/programs, but I'm just not sure I have the creativity. :lmao:

Your hair looks so intricate! It's so pretty! You're going to be a beautiful bride.

I like the programs...kind of makes we wish I would suck it up and do some for ours. However I just don't want to stress about doing more but I do love what you did!

Teresa

I love the sparkly blue accents on your programs! I think it really makes it pop. Gorgeous! I would love to make some DIY invites/STDs/programs, but I'm just not sure I have the creativity. :lmao:

Your hair looks so intricate! It's so pretty! You're going to be a beautiful bride.

Thank you! I'm crafty, but I wish I was creative enough to start my own DIY business-y thing :rotfl: But only having 7 guests definitely makes things easier! The woman who did my hair was seriously talented! She whipped all that hair around in only 10 minutes! I was definitely impressed :thumbsup2

I like the programs...kind of makes we wish I would suck it up and do some for ours. However I just don't want to stress about doing more but I do love what you did!

Teresa

I definitely wouldn't have done them if we had more than about 15 guests =P & would have ordered invites like you did! & would have just looked over the programs.. The plus size of ordering your own invites: they turn out awesome like yours! I seriously love your invites! :goodvibes But DIY-ing them gives it that intimate feel we're looking for in our wedding :D

I definitely wouldn't have done them if we had more than about 15 guests =P & would have ordered invites like you did! & would have just looked over the programs.. The plus size of ordering your own invites: they turn out awesome like yours! I seriously love your invites! :goodvibes But DIY-ing them gives it that intimate feel we're looking for in our wedding :D

Aww thank you even despite the invitation night mare they were totally worth it. Everyone seems to like them so I am very glad that I did do that. I need to make a list of my DIY projects I have left to do.

Teresa

oh and check this guy out I am not sure I ever saw him before and he has no relevance to this post just thought he was cool :stir: lol

Teresa

Last night DF & I were going out to dinner with our close friends from where (I used to) and Nyx still does work (he works in the deli) at Adams Fairacre Farms (for any brides in the Hudson Valley!). We were being treated to dinner by Mama Sue & Greg. So we got there a little bit early & called Greg to let him know we were there & he was already inside. He said he was at the bar with Mama Sue at Applebee's which is pretty much across the street from Adam's, so we went to meet him at the bar. So we get to the bar, see them, & about 8 other people in the line at the bar :lmao: They all said "Surprise!" I was definitely surprised! Nyx had worked yesterday so everyone was saying how hard it was keeping the surprise from him! We sat at the bar until our table was ready (because about 5 more people were coming!) :cool1: So we ate dinner, had some drinks, chatted, & had a good time! After dinner was over, some of us wanted dessert, so we placed our order, and then we got our dessert--

A HOME MADE CAKE! By Diana :goodvibes FUNFETTI!

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Greg & Nyx

I just wish I took more pictures! =( But it was so much fun! I loved to see everyone all together.. outside of work that is.. lol So, so, so happy to have our Adams Family! They gave us a card & even a little bit of money! Definitely a pleasant and unexpected surprise <3 Love them all!!! :goodvibes

Your dress is BEAUTIFUL! I love how the front is very simple, and then turn around and BOOM! Extra dose of pretties. And it looks fantastic on you! :goodvibes

Aww, and that was so sweet of them to throw you guys a surprise party!

22 more days! (If my counting abilities haven't failed me like they did earlier today :lmao:) When do you guys get to FL?

Your dress is BEAUTIFUL! I love how the front is very simple, and then turn around and BOOM! Extra dose of pretties. And it looks fantastic on you! :goodvibes

Aww, and that was so sweet of them to throw you guys a surprise party!

22 more days! (If my counting abilities haven't failed me like they did earlier today :lmao:) When do you guys get to FL?

Thank you! I get all giddy every time I see a pic of the back! xD I like the simpleness of the front & ALL the details in the back! I love how the bustle turned out... I'm a big gal (at the moment) so it makes my waist look super skinny & hides my wide baby-bearing hips :thumbsup2 plus holding the girls in was a MUST.. so I'm ecstatic with my dress. I'm still so happy from the surprise party too! :goodvibes And YES 22 more days! :woohoo: WHOOP WHOOP We get to FL on the 7th (day before the wedding) and staying at POR!

Thank you! I get all giddy every time I see a pic of the back! xD I like the simpleness of the front & ALL the details in the back! I love how the bustle turned out... I'm a big gal (at the moment) so it makes my waist look super skinny & hides my wide baby-bearing hips :thumbsup2 plus holding the girls in was a MUST.. so I'm ecstatic with my dress. I'm still so happy from the surprise party too! :goodvibes And YES 22 more days! :woohoo: WHOOP WHOOP We get to FL on the 7th (day before the wedding) and staying at POR!

That's how I feel about my dress. I knew it had to be an A-line dress to hide the belly, and I LOVE that top makes my bust look much... ahem, grander, than what it really is. :lmao: Do you remember the episode of 'Friends' where Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel are just sitting in the apartment wearing wedding dresses? I already have visions of Doug coming home from work one day, and me just sitting in front of the computer in my dress, because I like feeling like royalty. (Ah, yes, I am that much of a dork :laughing:)

That's how I feel about my dress. I knew it had to be an A-line dress to hide the belly, and I LOVE that top makes my bust look much... ahem, grander, than what it really is. :lmao: Do you remember the episode of 'Friends' where Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel are just sitting in the apartment wearing wedding dresses? I already have visions of Doug coming home from work one day, and me just sitting in front of the computer in my dress, because I like feeling like royalty. (Ah, yes, I am that much of a dork :laughing:)

LOL you're too funny! I'll come up to visit & we can sit at the computer together in our wedding gowns reading other brides' TR/PJs & Ooh-ing & aah-ing at them! :cool2:

LOL you're too funny! I'll come up to visit & we can sit at the computer together in our wedding gowns reading other brides' TR/PJs & Ooh-ing & aah-ing at them! :cool2:

:lmao: Imagine a big DIS bride meet-up, and hey, who doesn't want to dress up as a pretty pretty princess? :rotfl:

:lmao: count me in for the Storming of the Disney Gates!! Wouldn't it be amazing if all of us just showed up in our gowns and bombarded the parks? lol if only...

Anyway! I LOVE your braid idea!! Those pictures look so perfect and it is exactly the right look for the dress you have. Which by the way looks so freaking fantastic on you! :goodvibes

That's really sweet about the surprise party! Love having supportive friends.

:lmao: count me in for the Storming of the Disney Gates!! Wouldn't it be amazing if all of us just showed up in our gowns and bombarded the parks? lol if only...

Anyway! I LOVE your braid idea!! Those pictures look so perfect and it is exactly the right look for the dress you have. Which by the way looks so freaking fantastic on you! :goodvibes

That's really sweet about the surprise party! Love having supportive friends.

Thank you!! I'm getting super excited!

How fun would that be?! Would we get in trouble if we all met up for MNSSHP? And wore our dresses? :lmao: We could be pretty pretty princesses...! That's a costume, right?! (technically)

I'm super excited for my braid! I had gotten it about year ago but love to look at it xD So I think I want my hair half-up with some sort of fancy braid like that & the other half in long flow-y curls ;) But there aren't many pictures with intricate braid details for weddings... =( So I still have to decide 100% on how I want it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter