• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneyEverAfter's Escape 5/8/12 SBP/Fultons/Japan ~ TR put on hold...

Love the box, it is gorgeous :)
I would love to see how you do your hanger too- would love to make my own x

That box is fabulous!

LOVE:lovestruc:lovestruc that box is beautiful!! Great job! You are getting really close now :)

The earring on the left is my favorite! We're getting so close!! :goodvibes

Thank you ladies! I've been working hard on those last minute items and plans :thumbsup2 When we went to pay the rent on the 2nd our landlord dropped the bomb on us she wants to come bring her daughters to look at our house since they are in town (Our landlord grew up in this house! She's 85-ish & a sweetheart.. & her daughters haven't seen the house in 20 years!) So now we have to clean up this dump! LOL our cats like to make mess of the house, at least now I have a reason to clean, I HATE cleaning D: So.. what I mean to say is I will post all my pics & updates soon :rotfl: Probably this weekend.. Hopefully sooner. I have a phone session with my planner to discuss our final BEO & the wedding day itinerary on Friday! :goodvibes

Super close!!!! :cool1:

The box came out SO good! :goodvibes I'm happy the pictures are showing up now - I popped in the other day and they weren't there; wasn't sure if it was my computer being wonky or what.

And your kitties are cute!

The box came out SO good! :goodvibes I'm happy the pictures are showing up now - I popped in the other day and they weren't there; wasn't sure if it was my computer being wonky or what.

And your kitties are cute!

Thank you! I love my box <3 Mostly because DF made it =P BUT I just don't know @ those stupid pictures! D< I fixed it though... I'm glad Sarah told me or I would have never known :rotfl: Those cats are very pesky =P I always mix them up! (I'm a bad mommy..) But they look exactly the same from far away or from behind!

Joining in!

I love your wedding dress! It's really beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures!

The box is beautiful!! He did a really great job with it.

You're doing so well with all of your last minute planning! I don't think I could ever pull together something like that so quickly, but you're doing awesome.

Can't wait to hear more!!

Joining in!

I love your wedding dress! It's really beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures!

The box is beautiful!! He did a really great job with it.

You're doing so well with all of your last minute planning! I don't think I could ever pull together something like that so quickly, but you're doing awesome.

Can't wait to hear more!!

Thank you! Yeah we randomly decided at the very end of January to move the wedding up to May (from September) & got everything signed & back to the coordinator the 2nd week in February.. YIKES! So we've only really been planning for about 2 months! Luckily we're only doing a small escape wedding otherwise I would go nuts with a wishes wedding with all that planning :rotfl: Also (luckily) I already had my dress from about a year before :rolleyes: so things worked out okay in that department! Thanks for reading in :goodvibes

Thank you! Yeah we randomly decided at the very end of January to move the wedding up to May (from September) & got everything signed & back to the coordinator the 2nd week in February.. YIKES! So we've only really been planning for about 2 months! Luckily we're only doing a small escape wedding otherwise I would go nuts with a wishes wedding with all that planning :rotfl: Also (luckily) I already had my dress from about a year before :rolleyes: so things worked out okay in that department! Thanks for reading in :goodvibes

Well it sounds like you're doing an awesome job so far! You're getting married on my DF's birthday too :)

Okay ladies, this will be a HUGE update today.. I've been a busy bee at work planning little things for the wedding!

First up: INVITES! Okay so I did my own invites. Like I said in a previous post I did the invites more for a keepsake than actually inviting/RSVP-ing since we are such a small group, but I love the way they came out! I already had 8x11" white card stock that I printed on (bought for about $5 if I recall correctly), but I ordered the sapphire blue pockets and the plain white envelopes from cards and pockets (http://www.cardsandpockets.com). I had to buy 10 because they came in pack of 10 for each, but it came to a total of $15.53 with S&H (for any of you prospective buyers). I also already had the paper cutter from my scapbooking (about $10 from Micheal's) that I used to cut the sizes I wanted for the info side.

Sapphire shimmer! I love this color choice..
IMG_0065.jpg

Invite Side:
IMG_0060.jpg

Information Side:
IMG_0066.jpg

Transportation:
IMG_0072.jpg

(had to add the part about no tickets necessary because our guests thought they had to pay for admission in case anyone is wondering)

Fun Desserts & Fireworks:
IMG_0071.jpg

Reception:
IMG_0073.jpg

More Information:
IMG_0075.jpg

Envelopes we printed on the computer:
IMG_0078.jpg

We also bought mickey & minnie stamps from zazzle.com to put on the invites we were sending by USPS. Since my future in-laws live right across the street from us we went to hand-deliver the invites to Nyx's parents & sister. We often race across the street. I think we will no longer be doing this because Nyx (with his super long legs) always beats me up the stairs (I have short stubby legs), but this particular time Nyx missed his step and his knees & shin went right into his parents' stone slab steps :headache: When Nyx was in high school he messed up his knee really bad, so naturally he hit his previously injured knee. He's been limping around for the past week and a half =( I told him he better be taking his anti-inflammatory meds & wear his knee brace until we leave for Disney! I mean, I break my toe about 5 weeks ago.. he has a swollen knee & scabbed shin. PLEASE don't let us have any more injuries before Disney!!! I pretty much made the invites myself, but DF approved all the wording before I printed everything out, so when we went to deliver the invites, DF was holding them and bent them when he landed to catch himself. We went into his parent's house & they were all bent and I was upset but his mom & sister were like, "Well, we know Nyx didn't put the invites together, so he had to put his touch into them somehow!" :rotfl: It made me feel a bit better~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Additionally I decided to make my own DIY bridal hanger & (am posting a somewhat of tutorial). They are so cute, but I didn't really wanna pay $25 + S&H for one on Etsy so I decided to wing it. FMIL dared me to make my own, she has no faith :lmao: I bought some 12 guage wire at A.C. Moore ($1.99) and started playing around with it to get the feel of how to do the words. It was difficult to try to keep the word straight, but it's important to keep it straight too. I tried my first "Bride" & it was way too big, but I liked the way it came out so I made one smaller:
IMG_0082.jpg

Then I went & bought a 5-pack of hangers (since I couldn't find any individual ones) for $5.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond in the color I liked:
IMG_0084.jpg

Then FMIL helped me drill holes in the bottom of the hanger (after she was totally impressed I molded my own "bride"--She thought someone from Etsy sent it to me! *Ego Boost*) We had to drill in at a 90 degree angle & then at the angle where the wire would fit.. I think we drilled about 1/4".. We then glued it with some glue that didn't take (major headache!) but then we whipped out the E6000 super-duper glue & so far so good (but I feel the hanger is really delicate so I might bring the glue with us to Disney just in case)...

Hanger pre-decorated:
IMG_0091.jpg

I bought these little gems (for scrapbooking but I liked them) for $1.99 at Micheal's & glued them onto my hanger with the E6000 glue.

Finished product:
IMG_0093.jpg

Details on the top:
IMG_0094.jpg

You can still see some of the string strands from the glue but once fully dried they'll easily come off. And voila! my "Bride" hanger is complete! DF really likes it, which I'm happy about :goodvibes It cost about $11 for all the materials, but probably more about $5 in total for one finished hanger (since the hangers came in a 5-pack) Of course you can say whatever you want in the hanger & add any details to decorate the hanger (I've seen a lot with flowers or bows on top). Easy-peasy ladies!

I also decided to make my own Itinerary/Newsletter for our guests.. the In-Laws were harassing me for where we had to be when, so I made an itinerary for everyone. And I wanted to include on the other side about transportation & things to do for the downtime our guests had between ceremony, reception, & dessert party... Let me know what you ladies think, add anything? Take any info out? I know it's not as elaborate as all you Wishes brides to set up the planning, but our guests really aren't staying to vacation, but we wanted to give them some sort of info. My planner also gave me maps that I'll be printing out with the newsletter to give to our guests.

Itinerary Page--it's fuzzy but I'm too lazy to fix it...:
newsletter-1.jpg

Activities Page:
newsletter2.jpg

Other News:

I also wanted to change out of my sandals and into a different shoe for the dessert party.. I was looking for some type of flip flop that I liked (and flat enough to be similar to my sandal) and ended up buying these shoes for $13 including S&H on clearance:
IMG_0081.jpg

I didn't even know the rose had crystals on it! Score! The stock pic when I bought them you couldn't see the top of the rose..

And I also bought my hairpiece! There has be a long debate on what I want to wear in my hair. I love the hair flowers, but I could never find them on Etsy or in any store small enough in a style/color I liked.. & I didn't want the flower to take over my head.. so I started looking into feathers. I wanted something small, so I found this on etsy for $23 including S&H:
IMG_0085.jpg

I absolutely love it! I probably could have made it myself but I didn't want to bother with it for some reason... I'm very pleased with it. It will be the perfect little "oomph" to add to my style on the big day! :goodvibes

I also want to add that our wedding is paid off!!! HOORAY! 30 days until I'll be on the plane to Florida with my wonderful fiance to get married at the Happiest Place on Earth! :cool1: So excited!

Also, my landlord never showed up with her daughters to look at the house :confused: very disappointed in her... At least our house is clean :rolleyes:

FIY: LOL and the disboards got mad at my picture overload.. we can only post 25 pics max & I had 26, oh well, one pic got taken out... =P

TTFN!

I just joined in and I love all of your plans. What caught my eye the most is that you are having dinner at Fulton's Crab House. I find it interesting that there are 3 of us that I know of that are using Fulton's (including myself).

I would love to hear more about those plans and also more about your dessert party.

Teresa

I just joined in and I love all of your plans. What caught my eye the most is that you are having dinner at Fulton's Crab House. I find it interesting that there are 3 of us that I know of that are using Fulton's (including myself).

I would love to hear more about those plans and also more about your dessert party.

Teresa

Hi Teresa!!! Of course! We got in contact with the owner of Fulton's (who owns a few more DTD restaurants as well as you probably know =P) to make sure I was able to wear my dress & to see if we can be placed in a corner or out of the way of other guests if possible. I think there's a room in Fulton's that you can rent out or whatever, but we don't care about private dining.. We don't mind eating off the regular menu or in the main dining room (there's only 9 of us) so that's why we asked him if we can be placed out of the way if possible & he was very supportive and wished us luck with our wedding and said he had the perfect spot for us that he has placed brides in the past. I'm not a big seafood person but their non-fish selections look really good! The rest of the guests love seafood and I didn't particularly want any other restaurant except Raglan Road but was afraid it'd be too loud for a dinner reception so we went with Fulton's. & I noticed from your PJ you're having your reception at Fulton's too! Who's the third bride? I'd like to follow their plans too!! :goodvibes

As for the DP, earlier in my PJ (& also on the main boards) I posted when we were having problems with a venue in Epcot.. We were really only offered 2 venues for escape brides on their wedding day & my planner was a great help in finding us a different substitute so we're using a venue in the Japan Pavilion called Bonsai Terrace (where the Japanese drummers perform during the day). My planner actually took pictures of the location when he ventured over there a couple weeks ago specifically for us & I never posted them (I hope he doesn't mind I share them.. thanks Danny!) I'm just hoping the view will be good =) At least better picture-taking opportunities than Canada (which I had concerns about)... Hope the pics come out ok~

BonsaiTerrace4.jpg

BonsaiTerrace1.jpg

BonsaiTerrace2.jpg

We're not creating any personalized dessert menus, we're a straightforward couple :rolleyes: For Bonsai Terrace it's a $230 min F&B ($28 PP), $50 small party set-up fee (which is stupid since it can only hold 10 people), $90 event guide fee, and $100 venue package. We're going with the custom Celebrate Dessert Buffet which consists of hand-dipped vanilla bean ice cream served with root beer & coke with various assorted toppings to add (candies, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate, caramel, etc); chocolate fudge brownies; assorted cookies; fruit salad; fruit punch; and coffee/tea. We are happy with this menu. And also we've decided to pay for transportation back to the All-Star resorts for our guests & one for us.. ($40 per van, $80 total) Yes we -could- let them fend for themselves and take the buses but it'll be a long day with lots of time to kill so we figured the least we can do it make sure they make it back to their hotel stress-free and crowd-free. :goodvibes

Hi Teresa!!! Of course! We got in contact with the owner of Fulton's (who owns a few more DTD restaurants as well as you probably know =P) to make sure I was able to wear my dress & to see if we can be placed in a corner or out of the way of other guests if possible. I think there's a room in Fulton's that you can rent out or whatever, but we don't care about private dining.. We don't mind eating off the regular menu or in the main dining room (there's only 9 of us) so that's why we asked him if we can be placed out of the way if possible & he was very supportive and wished us luck with our wedding and said he had the perfect spot for us that he has placed brides in the past. I'm not a big seafood person but their non-fish selections look really good! The rest of the guests love seafood and I didn't particularly want any other restaurant except Raglan Road but was afraid it'd be too loud for a dinner reception so we went with Fulton's. & I noticed from your PJ you're having your reception at Fulton's too! Who's the third bride? I'd like to follow their plans too!! :goodvibes

As for the DP, earlier in my PJ (& also on the main boards) I posted when we were having problems with a venue in Epcot.. We were really only offered 2 venues for escape brides on their wedding day & my planner was a great help in finding us a different substitute so we're using a venue in the Japan Pavilion called Bonsai Terrace (where the Japanese drummers perform during the day). My planner actually took pictures of the location when he ventured over there a couple weeks ago specifically for us & I never posted them (I hope he doesn't mind I share them.. thanks Danny!) I'm just hoping the view will be good =) At least better picture-taking opportunities than Canada (which I had concerns about)... Hope the pics come out ok~

BonsaiTerrace4.jpg

BonsaiTerrace1.jpg

BonsaiTerrace2.jpg

We're not creating any personalized dessert menus, we're a straightforward couple :rolleyes: For Bonsai Terrace it's a $230 min F&B ($28 PP), $50 small party set-up fee (which is stupid since it can only hold 10 people), $90 event guide fee, and $100 venue package. We're going with the custom Celebrate Dessert Buffet which consists of hand-dipped vanilla bean ice cream served with root beer & coke with various assorted toppings to add (candies, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate, caramel, etc); chocolate fudge brownies; assorted cookies; fruit salad; fruit punch; and coffee/tea. We are happy with this menu. And also we've decided to pay for transportation back to the All-Star resorts for our guests & one for us.. ($40 per van, $80 total) Yes we -could- let them fend for themselves and take the buses but it'll be a long day with lots of time to kill so we figured the least we can do it make sure they make it back to their hotel stress-free and crowd-free. :goodvibes

Interesting on Fulton's you did not speak with Marian? So you are just eating in the main room then? That is cool. I have eaten there before and I love their food. Yes we are having our reception there on the top level of the boat there is a private room and then we will have access to the bow of the ship out on the deck. I am very excited we will have about 50 people. We are having a cocktail hour as well.

The third bride is Amanda I know here from the Swalphins Facebook group I am not sure if she has a planning journal. Her disboards name is hrhamanda. I am still waiting to get details on her plans too.

Our dessert party we customized a menu for $35pp I am still working on that currently actually. We are doing a wishes dessert party and piping in the music. We just LOVE wishes so we had to do this. Your menu sounds good root beer/coke floats were something I wanted in my menu but we decided not to in the end.

Thanks for the details I will be following along! I am so glad there are others using Fulton's I think it is an amazing venue! They do wedding ceremonies there too for small groups out on the bow/deck of the ship did you know that?

Teresa

Oh I also forgot to comment that I know they own other restaurants they even helped me out for my rehearsal lunch by getting us booked at another restaurant and set up with a good section of the restaurant. We are eating at Portobello's for our rehearsal lunch. They are such a great company to work with.

Teresa

Your hanger came out AMAZING! You should totally open up your own Etsy store. Seriously. You know you'd get all us DIS folk buying from you. And the invites look fantastic, too. I love that sapphire color. And it's shiny. :goodvibes (I think I was a cat in a previous life :laughing:)

Aww, poor Nyx! I'm very accident-prone, so I know the pain - both of you! ;) I hope his knee and shin are feeling better soon. How's your toe doing?

Interesting on Fulton's you did not speak with Marian? So you are just eating in the main room then? That is cool. I have eaten there before and I love their food. Yes we are having our reception there on the top level of the boat there is a private room and then we will have access to the bow of the ship out on the deck. I am very excited we will have about 50 people. We are having a cocktail hour as well.

The third bride is Amanda I know here from the Swalphins Facebook group I am not sure if she has a planning journal. Her disboards name is hrhamanda. I am still waiting to get details on her plans too.

Our dessert party we customized a menu for $35pp I am still working on that currently actually. We are doing a wishes dessert party and piping in the music. We just LOVE wishes so we had to do this. Your menu sounds good root beer/coke floats were something I wanted in my menu but we decided not to in the end.

Thanks for the details I will be following along! I am so glad there are others using Fulton's I think it is an amazing venue! They do wedding ceremonies there too for small groups out on the bow/deck of the ship did you know that?

Teresa

I spoke with Jimmy the general manager, he was very helpful! Your cocktail hour & reception & the dessert party sound really good :goodvibes We have such few people we didn't really care lol & we love wishes but we would want to chime in the music & didn't want to pay the $500 so for about $700 we did IllumiNations (we're on a tight budget, hence our BEO is the minimum) I love the look of Fultons! Do you know if they'd hold our reception on the bow/deck? =P Not that we don't mind sitting with the regular diners, but it'd be cool if we could order off the main menu & sit on the deck!

Your hanger came out AMAZING! You should totally open up your own Etsy store. Seriously. You know you'd get all us DIS folk buying from you. And the invites look fantastic, too. I love that sapphire color. And it's shiny. :goodvibes (I think I was a cat in a previous life :laughing:)

Aww, poor Nyx! I'm very accident-prone, so I know the pain - both of you! ;) I hope his knee and shin are feeling better soon. How's your toe doing?

Thank you! I am in love with the hanger xD I never thought I'd be able to make one but I proved my FMIL WRONG =P I should open my own Esty shop.. one day :thumbsup2 FMIL has her own Disney themed Etsy store! She makes purses & bags & made a bunch of stockings around Christmas & made them all from scratch.. But she doesn't work so she has a lot more time than I do.. I LOVED the shiny sapphire color! That's why I bought it! (we could have been cat-friends in our previous cat lives :rotfl: )

Yeah we're both accident prone... He always gets hurt.. When I first started dating Nyx we were in college and his parents asked what my major was and I told them nursing & they just burst our laughing because he always is injured and also has a heart condition (he's got an aortic aneurism =\ ), only to find out later that I'm more accident-prone than he is... My nickname in their household is "Boo-boo" :lmao: The toe is alright, the toenail is half black :sad1: I don't know what I'm going to do with the toe for the wedding.. I can walk on it at least.. I just hope the nail doesn't fall off =\ I'm hoping to disguise it with some nail polish because black is ugly :rotfl2:

Everything looks so great, you are so creative!!

I love the simmer paper! The invites are great and I'm sure your guests are going to appreciate all of the details you have put into everything! So much great information.

Love the dessert party location too, it looks perfect for you!

Plans look great! That must feel good to have the wedding paid off!! :cool1:

Your dress is so pretty, I love it! Also, I want one of those hangers too but I don't want to pay $25 on etsy, I think since your hanger came out so good, I might try it as well! Wish me luck!

The invites look really great as well, I love the colors. :thumbsup2

Everything looks so great, you are so creative!!

I love the simmer paper! The invites are great and I'm sure your guests are going to appreciate all of the details you have put into everything! So much great information.

Love the dessert party location too, it looks perfect for you!

Thank you! I try... lol I hope the DP location turns out alright =< I'd be upset if it didn't... but in a month I'll let all you ladies know! ;)

Plans look great! That must feel good to have the wedding paid off!! :cool1:

Your dress is so pretty, I love it! Also, I want one of those hangers too but I don't want to pay $25 on etsy, I think since your hanger came out so good, I might try it as well! Wish me luck!

The invites look really great as well, I love the colors. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! Good luck trying! :goodvibes It wasn't totally hard, you just have to get a feel for the wire which is what I had a difficult time with (along with the glue), let me know how it turns out :D

Darn you Disboard server updates! I attempted to update my PJ last night with our DIY programs, but obviously it didn't go through... Luckily it wasn't a long post!

Anyway-
I decided to do my own very DIY programs to somewhat match the invites.. I bought shimmery dark blue paper from Micheal's & had random printed color paper I had from scrapbooking and chose patterns that had blue in them for the back (the shimmery paper was only shimmery on one side =P ) So I put it all together.. I was very cut-and-paste arts&crafts-y.. Not the best programs but I wanted to make them for a keepsake for our guests. I have a new respect for all you brides who decided to make DIY programs & invites for 50+ people! :rotfl:

So here they are:
Front-
IMG_0107.jpg

Back with my randomly selected variety of patterns-
IMG_0102.jpg

I then hole punched a hole at the top to thread some ribbon so I can hang them off our chairs- (sorry for the shadow lol)
IMG_0110.jpg

My finished stack!
IMG_0114.jpg

Now I need your opinions! I bought this sparkly accent, but I don't know whether or not I like it, opinions? Keep it? Nix it?
IMG_0109.jpg

Those came out good! Man, I wish I had some of your craftiness!

And I really like the sparkly accent. But I like anything with sparklies at this point. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter