DisneyDMBNut FINALLY got her dream wedding!! VR Trip Report

No fair Betsy, you got another update while I was replying... now you are really making me look bad, lol. LOVE the pics. You guys had so much fun! IT's obvious in all your photos!

Oh RonnieJO!!!
Post your Bridesmaid's report until I get my poo together!

if we could get some video uploaded on youtube..I would send you a GIANT godiva basket!

More more....I need more to get me through these last 2 weeks!

We Sail - AGAIN!

So after meeting at the atrium and getting of the ship in a group, we were rechecked in and waited to be brought back onboard. DCL is really amazing with the whole B2B process.
DH in terminal:
fpb8z9.jpg

n4y3xj.jpg

The entire ship was ours! Since we were upgraded, we had to wait for our room to be done, but since our group was so large, they opend the Cove Cafe for us to have snacks. The pools were also open and we enjoyed having a swim in the clean Goofy pool!
We walked around the deck and waved at the people in the terminal who were not allowed to board yet..this was something I had waited over a year for!!
ostnc5.jpg

29zzyu8.jpg

Went down to Roy Brides Maids room to further taunt the people in the terminal...:banana:
Soon..it was time to head up for lunch! We decided that BBB was the best and after lunch, we went to my mothers room (our old room) and gathered our stuff and moved to our Secret Veranda Room and decorate our door!!
4s1iyf.jpg

We did a quiet sailaway up front..My friend Ophie captures some pretty sweet moments:
2a4xnih.jpg

oh7l05.jpg

2mcwqid.jpg

fa0pea.jpg

2cnbh45.jpg

This was our Vow Renewal Cruise!! That night, while getting ready for dinner, Rufaro brought a gift by the room:
ROBES!!!
2 robes in a red beach bag..I love them! I wore them up and down the halls!!
jgm9hk.jpg

Dinner at Tritons!!
We headed to bed early for the big day!!

yea betsy, glad you finally started on the REAL TR!!!!! Can't wait to see more.

"A Bridesmaid Account of Betsy's Wedding"

You could see it in her eyes. Today was the day she'd been waiting for! The day she gets her ceremony.

It was my job to be sure everything went the way she wanted it to. Hopefully the previous months of dress, shoe and flower shopping would all come together in a picture that would be the one she saw in her dreams.

Betsy showed up in the "Roy" bridesmaids room carrying what looked to be a trunk of things! Who knew she needed so much stuff Rollers flying, make-up brushes emerged and the transformation begins!

Since Betsy was on the way to getting ready, I ran back to my room to try to make myself presentable. I blow-dried, flat ironed and hair sprayed myself. Then I preceeded to stuff myself into my Spanx and hoped that I'd look alright. Put on my shoes, grabbed my bouquet and back I ran to Betsy.

She was a beautiful sight. Her beaded dress shone and her Gramma's crystal necklace hung on her neck. All the while we're waiting.....she is pacing. Is it time...why aren't they here for me yet she kept asking. Finally, the doorbell rang and we were off.

We arrived at the "doorway to her future husband". We lined up and the music began to play. I was the first through the door, as I was to stand beside Rick. Then came Cheri to stand by Betsy....then entered Kate. Betsy stood at the doorway with the biggest and brightest smile. She walked her way towards Rick. With all eyes on her, she and Rick exchanged vows. I had expected Betsy to cry, but it ended up being Rick with the tear in his eye.
And with an "I Do" it was complete.

There were cheers, bubbles and cameras everywhere....hence all Betsy's posted pictures!

AWW!!!! I really don't even remember how I got down the aisle..glad I looked ok!! hahaha

I love my robes!!!! But the bag did rip within a week :sad2:

What a great blessing....to have the ship to yourselves!!!

che

I just found your TR and have read every word! I'm loving it and can't wait to read (and see) more!

Today!! Today!! I have my wedding today!!!

Friday was Nassau day. We did not plan on getting off the ship and I had wanted the day to be relaxing!!

We went to the Rainforest again for about an hour then headed to the pool. Many of our friends had gathered at the adult pool so we had time to chill and just enjoy the day.

I made an appointment at the salon for a pedicure at 1:30pm. A week on a ship can really mess up your pedicure!! My pedicurist was getting married in Jamaica so we talked about everything weddings!
a4rj4n.jpg

There was another bride getting her hair and makeup done. I was starting to think maybe it was a mistake for me to do my own hair..oh no!! Too late now!!
After my pedicure, I ran back to the room to shower and pack up! I was to meet my bridesmaids in The Roy Suite. The flowers were being delivered at 3:00 for Palo and my bouquets at 4pm. I kissed my groom goodbye and told him I would meet him at 5:30pm on Deck 7 Aft..NOT TO BE LATE!!!

Did you know how much stuff it takes to make a bride beautiful??? Half a room!! I was so excited when I got to the room! It was finally time!!

I started to set curlers and makeup out to get ready when Rufaro came with the flowers for Palo! I had ordered loose roses, hydrangeas and orchids with glass cubes to go on the table. At the time, I didn't notice the orchids were missing but I did have a problem!! No scissors to cut the flowers!! Rufaro ran to get the scissors and some rubber bands to hold the flowers together (the things she thinks of!!) I was pretty happy with the results. I laid some hydrangea leaves against the glass to hide the stems and they came out pretty good!

289itsy.jpg

We leave the room to RUN (not walk, RUN) to Palo because the manager Marco has agreed to let us in early to put the flowers on the table. We walked in on a wine tasting (oops!) in our shorts and tees, but I had a mission! When we left, we ran back down the stairs to the room to get ready!

Let me give props to Conair clip hot curlers!!
5l1kb8.jpg

24uw8ic.jpg

ajlb14.jpg

Everyone just sat and watched me! haha
rtzvyw.jpg

and then!! BM Cheri says "I need that space!!" AGH!! I had to find somewhere else to put on my face!
2ro6xom.jpg

2roru2o.jpg

2zqegbd.jpg

Then...I noticed!! My DD's hair wasn't done!!! YIKES!!! Now, I start to panic! How am I possibly going to be done in time!!
6prho7.jpg

2nbbok9.jpg

Well Betsy,

It's about time you got back to this!!!! We've been waiting patiently!

I agree Patty, I think that Betsy is too busy flitting on all the other threads...;) Just teasing.

Did you guys have one of the suites? From your pictures, the room looks pretty big.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter