Disney Y.E.S. Program

Help please!!!!! We are checking in at the world on Wednesday and or the life of me cannot find the Email with the YES ticket voucher info!!! Can anyone tell me who sent the email or what the subject would be so I could search for it?

All I have found is he registering confirmation that we got part week! Thanks!!!!

Call 407-472-4676 to see if they can re-send it to you.
Good Luck!

Help please!!!!! We are checking in at the world on Wednesday and or the life of me cannot find the Email with the YES ticket voucher info!!! Can anyone tell me who sent the email or what the subject would be so I could search for it?

All I have found is he registering confirmation that we got part week! Thanks!!!!

I have one titled, "YES Program Checkout". Could that be it?

Just to offer a different perspective for those wondering about the class, my 10 year old son and I just attended and we both really enjoyed it. We didn't find it to be boring at all and we learned a lot about many different animals.
We attended WBN last Oct. and my kids ages 9 and 12 loved it. Then again they love anything to do with animals. I thought my 12 y.o. would be bored as he is gifted but he actually impressed the leaders by knowing the answers to almost all their questions :rotfl: It was a little slow at times but overall we really enjoyed the program.

We just booked a very last minute trip for October 5-9th. All classes show closed online. Is that because they are full or because we're too close to the class? Don't want to call if the answer is they are full!

Thanks!

We just booked a very last minute trip for October 5-9th. All classes show closed online. Is that because they are full or because we're too close to the class? Don't want to call if the answer is they are full!

Thanks!

I think the only way to find out for sure, would be to call. :)

Hi there -

If the class shows closed, my guess is it's because it's full...

We are heading to WDW in mid-October. Our two oldest are doing a YES class... I had originally wanted one in AK - but it showed closed - while others were open - and that was back in February!

When I called to ask questions wayyy back then, I was told if the class shows full, it's booked.

But I suppose it's worth a try. Good luck!

nicole

For those who have done this, how do you make sure you don't schedule a character breakfast or something like that at the same time? We will have to make those reservations in Dec but can't get our YES classes until February.

DS9 and I attended Disney's Ocean Discoveries this week. He doesn't have any particular interest in marine studies- this class just fit our schedule, to be honest. That said, he had a great time! The class is almost entirely indoors, which was a huge plus for us. We were split into separate groups, ours had 17 people total- kids and adults.

The kids learned mostly about sea turtles and how to protect them. They discussed fishing nets and made and presented their own (mini) fishing nets, and sorted marbles picked up in a net to show how few fish we keep and how many others get caught in the net.

They played a game where the kids were sea turtles and parents were predators or other items dangerous to them (litter, for example). Then they learned about how sea turtles eat and used chopsticks and chickpeas to bring that point home (sea turtles are opportunistic feeders, the chopsticks made it so it was harder to pick up the chickpeas). Then we rode Nemo.

After Nemo, we checked out the manatees and then discussed the "Food Web" (as opposed to the food chain, to show how everything is intertwined). There was also a portion of the class where we got a list of fish in the aquarium and checked them off as we saw them, and then the kids had a little quiz where they identified them from pictures.

DS9 loved it and said he would gladly take another class in the future. I hope that helps anyone considering this class!

Is this the first year for individual enrollment in the YES program?

I just want to know because I really would like to do this for July 2013?

Is this the first year for individual enrollment in the YES program?

I just want to know because I really would like to do this for July 2013?

No, it's been offered for a few years, now. They have an excellent response to the programs so I would hope they would continue to offer it!

DS9 and I attended Disney's Ocean Discoveries this week. He doesn't have any particular interest in marine studies- this class just fit our schedule, to be honest. That said, he had a great time! The class is almost entirely indoors, which was a huge plus for us. We were split into separate groups, ours had 17 people total- kids and adults.

The kids learned mostly about sea turtles and how to protect them. They discussed fishing nets and made and presented their own (mini) fishing nets, and sorted marbles picked up in a net to show how few fish we keep and how many others get caught in the net.

They played a game where the kids were sea turtles and parents were predators or other items dangerous to them (litter, for example). Then they learned about how sea turtles eat and used chopsticks and chickpeas to bring that point home (sea turtles are opportunistic feeders, the chopsticks made it so it was harder to pick up the chickpeas). Then we rode Nemo.

After Nemo, we checked out the manatees and then discussed the "Food Web" (as opposed to the food chain, to show how everything is intertwined). There was also a portion of the class where we got a list of fish in the aquarium and checked them off as we saw them, and then the kids had a little quiz where they identified them from pictures.

DS9 loved it and said he would gladly take another class in the future. I hope that helps anyone considering this class!

Thank you for sharing your experience with this class. My oldest two children would love a class like this as they are fascinated with marine life. I hope this class is offered again next year. We are planning an August trip at this point.

I am going to have to start scanning this thread now! DD is begging for a trip and is finally old enough for a YES class. Do they ever run class in April? Her spring break is the first week. Or should I prepare her for next Oct? Her fall break is normally the second week.

I am going to have to start scanning this thread now! DD is begging for a trip and is finally old enough for a YES class. Do they ever run class in April? Her spring break is the first week. Or should I prepare her for next Oct? Her fall break is normally the second week.

Classes are currently offered in January, February, and June-October, so I would prepare her for an October trip. :)

:teacher:My daughter and I took the Sept 21st Captivating Moments class at EPCOT.

There are about 32 people (students and parents) split into two groups. We were in the second group, led by YES instructor Jimmy. He was funny, engaging, and interesting, although I did notice a few of the younger end of the age range had to be re-directed a few times when they got distracted.

The first thing we did was look at the "Leave a Legacy" display in front of EPCOT, where Jimmy talked to us about how guests had the opportunity around the turn-of-the-century to purchase a spot on the stone panels and have their photo or words engraved. This began the lecture on how photos can be used to tell a story.

Then, we rode Spaceship Earth and got a glimpse into the meaning behind the Imagineers' choices for scenes on the ride.

Next, we learned some of the basic techniques of photography and got our first photo assignment. Each student had their own digital camera, which was used to take photos and show them to the class during the discussion. We played a game to figure out which technique best matched each sample photo then got a turn to try something out on our own.

The next photo assignment was called "Keep or Delete" - a real-life scenario which involved the dilemma many tourists face when taking photos at Disney: you have limited camera card space and have to delete some photos to make room for others. We had to take two stock photos of similar people/scenes/etc. and decide which was worthy of keeping and which had to be deleted. Then we discussed why we'd keep or delete it.

The third assignment had to do with captioning. Jimmy showed us some stock photos with captions and we discussed how the right words can help tell the photographer's story by capturing emotion or giving important details. We were given a photo and had to write our own caption.

The final assignment included a scavenger hunt. We were given a small, cropped in sample of a larger image located somewhere within EPCOT. We had to find the bigger picture and take a photo of it, with the members of our teams included, then write our own caption to go with it.

It was a very fun, interesting class that would be good for amateurs or semi-professional photographers. Some students had very fancy digital SLR cameras, while others had modest, cheap, point-and-shoot cameras. But by the end of the three hours (which passed VERY quickly, in my opinion), everyone could walk away with a proficient knowledge of how to use their camera to tell a story and leave lasting memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter