Disney Wonder --October 4, 2015

Once again..thank goodness for Pinterest! I discovered door magnets and Fish Extenders today! Who knew?! Lol Just paid off the cruise yesterday. We booked the day it opened for booking for first time Disney cruisers last fall! We live in Murrieta Ca, so this will be like jumping on a cruise ship in our own backyard. Thankful we didn't have to pay airfare for a family of 6! We have two boys, ages 17 & 3, two girls ages 10 & 8. I'm uncertain where the sign up for the FE is? Maybe it's not started yet?

Hi! I'm brand new to all this. We've been booked since day one, but I had no idea any of this existed. This will be our first Disney cruise and the first time sailing for me and our two daughters! My husband has sailed many times, but never on a Disney cruise! My daughters will be 2 and 4 by sailing time. We have late dining. I am hoping, wishing, and praying that we will be able to switch to Main Dining. We are on the waitlist. Late dining is after our girls' bedtime so that will be quite the adventure if we have to stick with late dining! :eek: Anyway, I can't wait to learn all about all the fun stuff on this board! I have a lot of reading to do to catch up and learn what FE is! Any tips or recommendations on sailing with two little ones is greatly appreciated!

Hello, when we went on our first cruise (carnival 7 night) with our 4 kids we had the early dinning, I thought like you and was factoing in bedtimes. I thought having dinner at bedtime was crazy! We had ages 6 months, 4, 6, 12. After the first night I discovered I made a huge mistake & we desperately tried to switch to late dinning but couldn't. On a cruise, bedtimes go out the window. We discovered if we stuck with bedtime, we were missing SO much! Once I accepted that, we really started to relax and have fun. So much is going on in the late afternoon, early evening that trying to get the kids out of the pool showered and 6 people appropriately dressed with hair done, etc. in time for early dinner was nearly impossible for us. We were really rushed to make our main dinner time each evening, once we missed it and had to eat elsewhere. But having fewer than 4 kids I would assume it's faster to get out the door.

Last edited:
I'll add my 2 cents and would love it if we could keep the FE exchange to groups of 20 otherwise it get's to be too many people. People can always choose to participate in more than 1 group if they'd like to. Here is a link to FE info for those who haven't heard of it before http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm
We will for sure to the FE exchange. I love to do crafty stuff and I have plenty of time to get some stuff done (if I don't procrastinate). LOL! Plus, we are driving so no worries about packing and weight limits for flying. :thumbsup2
Excited to chat with everyone over the next couple of months.

Can you point me to the FE group sign up? New to this. :-)

There is a Facebook group for the FE, but if I remember correctly, we can't post links to other groups anymore, right?

Total Newbie here and I'd love some help. We are thrilled that our first cruise experience will be a Disney one.
I would love to have our family of four participate in the FE exchange. We have two boys, 5 & 2 and then it's my Husband and I. Any help on how to sign-up or where to get started is appreciated. We will be in 7560!

Thank you !
Judy

Hello, when we went on our first cruise (carnival 7 night) with our 4 kids we had the early dinning, I thought like you and was factoing in bedtimes. I thought having dinner at bedtime was crazy! We had ages 6 months, 4, 6, 12. After the first night I discovered I made a huge mistake & we desperately tried to switch to late dinning but couldn't. On a cruise, bedtimes go out the window. We discovered if we stuck with bedtime, we were missing SO much! Once I accepted that, we really started to relax and have fun. So much is going on in the late afternoon, early evening that trying to get the kids out of the pool showered and 6 people appropriately dressed with hair done, etc. in time for early dinner was nearly impossible for us. We were really rushed to make our main dinner time each evening, once we missed it and had to eat elsewhere. But having fewer than 4 kids I would assume it's faster to get out the door.

We did late dinner last time and are looking forward to main dining. You have to get dressed to see the show before late dinner, so either way, you are rushing from the pools, etc. Unless you skip the shows, which is crazy talk!

Total Newbie here and I'd love some help. We are thrilled that our first cruise experience will be a Disney one.
I would love to have our family of four participate in the FE exchange. We have two boys, 5 & 2 and then it's my Husband and I. Any help on how to sign-up or where to get started is appreciated. We will be in 7560!

Thank you !
Judy

Search FB for Disney Wonder Cabo Cruise October 4th 2015

Can you point me to the FE group sign up? New to this. :-)

We are new to DCL, but are seasoned cruisers, after reading on Pinterest about the FE's we would also like to participate, we are on the 10/4/2015 sailing and we are in cabin 6154. How do we sign up.

We are exactly 500 days away and I'm already trying to find ways to keep my mind busy. Hope to see a very lively group. Fish extenders, group meet ups, maybe a wine tasting...but hey we have a little bit of time to get to know each other.

I'm up for that.

We are in too :cool1:

Never booked a cruise this far in advance, gonna be a very long 500 days :confused3

It's myself (Gary) DW (Robyn), and DD, who will be 7 at the time of cruise - that's crazy as she is only 5 now.

We also did the Pixar cruise in Sept of 2012 - small world.

We have also booked the 3 night that sails on Oct 1, which we may or may not keep - I'm hoping to keep - but we'll see.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Booking early was definitely the right thing to do. Two weeks after we booked, my husband's business partner decided he and his wife wanted to go, but the price for our category level 6A had already gone up by $1,500. Yeah!! No business on this vacation. My husband rechecked the price about a week before he paid our balance the beginning of July and for our cruse it would have been $6,000. So glad the early birds got the rewards this time. So happy to be sailing out of our hometown of San Diego.

First time Disney cruiser....YAY! I heard from a friend about the FE thing? Where can I join? Thanks.

Snowie13, you'll probably be in my group (group 5) since I just joined and there are many spots open. I'll be the first to say "Hello! I'm Jenn from Travis AFB, CA.".

Hi all! My name is Gayle. Very late in jumping on here even though we booked on the first day for Gold status. Our party will be myself and BFF, Kara.

This is DCL #10, so Platinum status here I come! This is my 2nd West Coast Cruise as we were on the first Pacific Coast Pixar cruise in the Fall of 2012 (with John Lasseter!) BFF was also on the inaugural DCL to Alaska, and I've been on all 4 ships, so obviously DCL is our thing!

We aren't interested in FE, so no extra work there! We're flying in a couple of days early from Indiana because we love San Diego. Happy to answer any questions from the newbies. At this point very interested to hear what others are planning for Halloween, as this isn't something we anticipated. Also just requested to join the FB group. (Finally, my signature block is not at all up to date as it's missing like 3 DCL trips!)

:yay:

500 days is gonna go by fast right?

We will be on this cruise:cloud9:

Hubby, me and 2 boys --who will be 15 and 13 at the time of the sailing (that hurt to type that out loud *CRY)

My in laws will be cruising as well and hopefully my sister in law and her family as well. So if that is the case in total we would be a party of 9 and depending on life maybe a party of 10?? Who knows.

We were lucky to go on the Wonder Pixar Cruise back in September of 2012 as our very first cruise experience gifted to us by my inlaws...since then hubby and I have taken a quick Carnival Baja cruise as well. We were ecstatic that the Wonder is coming back to the west and jumped on it.

We are on Deck 6 right now. Hubby handled it all --I need to double check our veranda and make sure it is an all glass one (not white wall) but we would be staying on deck 6 in a veranda regardless.

We are also banking on the school board to keep the trend of having fall break during this week (as it has been for several years) and not doing anything weird with the 2015 school calendar when they vote on it this summer. :rolleyes:

Hello everyone!!!

Jessie in Gilbert, AZ
Hi Jessie! Our family lives in Chandler AZ and we just booked this cruise last week and we'll be traveling with our in laws too! It's our 4th cruise for my me, my husband and 9 YO daughter and the first for my in laws! Super happy this cruise doesn't require plane tickets and transportation to Port Canaveral!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter