Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those wanting to take part in the Meet and Mingle, Disney has just confirmed a time and reserved location for us.
On Thurs. Dec. 3rd, from 2 - 3 PM, on deck 10 in the Outlook Cafe, we have a reservation for a group of up to 45. This is just a plan meet and mingle. We do not have any of the additional foods or drinks added on. I will also be posting this on the meet and mingle PM. If you think you will be able to attend, please let me know.
Thanks,
Tink

I just want to make sure that we are not leaving anyone out of anything they may want to participate in, so below is a list of things that we have sign ups for. If you would like to take part in any of these activities, and are not sure that you have already let me know, please either post on this thread to let me know which activity you want to join, or send me a PM.
- FE (a Hoping for Group 3 has been started)
- Disney Cruise App on board Chat Group
- Mixology (we still would need between 7 to 12 more adults to be able to reserve a time)
- Cabin Crawl
- Ice Cream Social (scheduled for our first day at sea - Saturday - at 1:30)
- Toddler Play Date

If there is something that you are not sure what it is, just let me know, and I would be happy to fill you in.

For those wanting to take part in the Meet and Mingle, Disney has just confirmed a time and reserved location for us.
On Thurs. Dec. 3rd, from 2 - 3 PM, on deck 10 in the Outlook Cafe, we have a reservation for a group of up to 45. This is just a plan meet and mingle. We do not have any of the additional foods or drinks added on. I will also be posting this on the meet and mingle PM. If you think you will be able to attend, please let me know.
Thanks,
Tink

So can you add the meet and mingle to the list of all events we are planning? That way we have the full overview all together?
I need to check with my cabin mates to make sure we are all on the same page with all these event options. :)

Thanks for keeping us so organized, Tink! You're the best! :D

I just want to make sure that we are not leaving anyone out of anything they may want to participate in, so below is a list of things that we have sign ups for. If you would like to take part in any of these activities, and are not sure that you have already let me know, please either post on this thread to let me know which activity you want to join, or send me a PM.
- Mixology (we still would need between 7 to 12 more adults to be able to reserve a time)
- Cabin Crawl
- Toddler Play Date
- Meet and Mingle (Thurs. Dec. 3rd, 2 - 3 PM, on deck 10 in the Outlook Cafe)

If there is something that you are not sure what it is, just let me know, and I would be happy to fill you in.

While I am on, I want to send a reminder to 3 members in group 3.
MurphyFamilyCaptain - I am still waiting for you to reach 10 posts so I can send you the FE sign up .
Tammie Shaiq - I will get you added to the spreadsheet as soon as you get the FE information back to me.
Wawofford- I will also get you added in when you get your information back to me.

- Cabin Crawl
- Toddler Play Date
- Meet and Mingle (Thurs. Dec. 3rd, 2 - 3 PM, on deck 10 in the Outlook Cafe)

tell me more about the cabin crawl

The cabin crawl is an opportunity to see several different cabin types. Plus to make it fun, we will add a game that will be carried out in each cabin as we work our way along. Once I have a complete list of all the cabins that are participating, I will map out a path that will be the most efficient path, working from one end of the boat to the other. And most likely, we will have a meeting spot to start some place close to the first cabin, so we can set out as a group . Currently we have a regular inside cabin, a handicap ocean view, a few different verandas, and a concierge cabin. As for games, we have had poker (where we would get 1 card per cabin to build a hand ) , trashketball, and trivia suggested.
~ Tink ~

Hi just learned about this site and FE. Are we too late? We have 2 state rooms...Thanks!
Welcome to the group MickeyD79!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Lucky for you, in the past week or so, we have had several late comers looking for an FE group. We started a group 3 just for them. Your 2 cabins would make cabin 7 & 8.
However, to get you the information needed for the FE via PM, I will need you to get your number of posts up to 10. This is an easy task. You can either go threw and comment on different posts, or do something like posting a Hi, and then giving us a days till cruise number, then let us know who your traveling with and so on. The posts do not have to be very long. As soon as you reach 10, I will send out a PM with the information I need to get you added to the spreadsheet.
So, welcome aboard. Now it is time to start typing.

~Tink~

Just a reminder,
MurphyFamilyCaptain: I still need you to get to 10 posts as well.
Wawofford and Tammie Shaiq : I am waiting for your reply so I can add your information to the spreadsheet.

Hi everyone. We are so excited for our 1st Disney cruise. We will be traveling with our 4 children. My oldest son is 17, then my 2nd son will have just turned 14 a week before our cruise, and my 3rd son is 8 and my daughter is 5. We can't wait!

View attachment 128762
My disney cruise app updated today. It now has a group chat function. If anyone is interested in being linked to the group on board can let me know, and I will start a list of names and cabin numbers.
I am out right now (heading to the Disney outlet ), but when I get home, I will work on getting a PM out.
~ Tink ~
Please add me

You are doing great!
You are at 7, only 3 more posts to go.

By the way, I am not sure if you saw the information about the different meets as you were reading through the thread. We have an ice cream social planned for the 1st day at sea, and are working on putting together a mixology group, and a cabin crawl. If you are interested in any of these activities, please let me know, and I can include you in on those conversations as well when you reach 10 posts.
There is a formal night (usually the Captains Galla ), and a second optional formal, which for the holiday cruise, it will be a winter formal. As for the nights, it is a little uncertain since this is a new itenerary. Hopefully we will be able to see a Navigator from one of the first few sailings in November.
Side note, for the winter formal, my family is doing a character formal theme.
Check this link out for more information on our sailing.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-activities.htm

UPDATED: PrincessBrit had a list of dinners on post #549

~Tink ~
Is there a bibbidi bobbidi boutique on our ship?

Monday Forget Me Not's
(Only 5 more Monday's after today :D)

This week, is all about items you need after you have enjoyed your day on deck or at the beach :beach:

Make sure you pack products for after Sun :sunny: and after wind:boat:.
Nothing ruins your cruise faster than a bad sun burn or dried out chapped skin from wind burn.
As much as I hate to admit it, knowing that with skin cancer I should be very careful out in the sun, I start having fun, and forget to reapply my sun screen. And, unless you live in southern Florida, the sun will be more intense than you are used to, on this cruise. The last thing you are going to want after a day of fun is going to be the reminders that you too forgot to reapply. A good product to have in your luggage to help with this is a tube of Aloe Vera or an after sun treatment w/ a pain reliever. I have found that keeping this in the ice box in the room, makes for a soothing relief from the burn.
And for the first time cruisers, something that you may not realize is how much the wind will effect you. After being up on deck all day, or on the beach all day (we will most likely have windy days on the beach this time of year), your skin and lips will dry out and potentially become chapped. A helpful prevention is to stay hydrated, but after the fact you will want a good moisturizing lotion, and some chap stick (or carmex). As part of the toiletry amenities in your cabin, you will have body butter. This is good for your dry skin. Our family is also partial to Mary Kays night cream (if you have ever used Mary Kay, it is the pink stuff that has the consistency of vaseline).
These to small (and easily forgettable) items could make the difference between being comfortable enough to make it through all of the clothes that you have packed in your 2 allowed pieces of luggage, and wearing the only comfortable sun dress or tank top in your luggage for the remainder of the cruise.

Have a great week,

~Tink~

Monday Forget Me Not's
(Only 5 more Monday's after today :D)

This week, is all about items you need after you have enjoyed your day on deck or at the beach :beach:

Make sure you pack products for after Sun :sunny: and after wind:boat:.
Nothing ruins your cruise faster than a bad sun burn or dried out chapped skin from wind burn.
As much as I hate to admit it, knowing that with skin cancer I should be very careful out in the sun, I start having fun, and forget to reapply my sun screen. And, unless you live in southern Florida, the sun will be more intense than you are used to, on this cruise. The last thing you are going to want after a day of fun is going to be the reminders that you too forgot to reapply. A good product to have in your luggage to help with this is a tube of Aloe Vera or an after sun treatment w/ a pain reliever. I have found that keeping this in the ice box in the room, makes for a soothing relief from the burn.
And for the first time cruisers, something that you may not realize is how much the wind will effect you. After being up on deck all day, or on the beach all day (we will most likely have windy days on the beach this time of year), your skin and lips will dry out and potentially become chapped. A helpful prevention is to stay hydrated, but after the fact you will want a good moisturizing lotion, and some chap stick (or carmex). As part of the toiletry amenities in your cabin, you will have body butter. This is good for your dry skin. Our family is also partial to Mary Kays night cream (if you have ever used Mary Kay, it is the pink stuff that has the consistency of vaseline).
These to small (and easily forgettable) items could make the difference between being comfortable enough to make it through all of the clothes that you have packed in your 2 allowed pieces of luggage, and wearing the only comfortable sun dress or tank top in your luggage for the remainder of the cruise.

Have a great week,

~Tink~
Thanks for the great tip. I didn't think about the wind. :)

So I know we have a pirate night, but do we know which night it is? It is already on one of the threads...sorry I missed it.

So I know we have a pirate night, but do we know which night it is? It is already on one of the threads...sorry I missed it.
Pirate night is Monday, Nov. 30th. That will be on the same day as we dock in Nassau.
A helpful tip: If you go to the area that you need to for your online check in, you will notice several other tabs that can be clicked. When you get a chance, click through them and take a look at all of the helpful information that Disney has compiled for you. They have a place to schedule a character call (which is free....I still like doing this even though our boys are 19, and 15), book excursions and on board experiences like Palo or the spa, precheck in your kiddos for the kids area, and a daily planner. This is where you will be able to see when the pirate party is scheduled for. If you have not booked any excursions yet, you should have 2 items scheduled in the daily planner. That will be the sail away party on Nov. 27th, and the Pirate Party on Nov. 30th.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or things you may have missed, feel free to ask.

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter