Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BetsyF, I just Pmed the FEer's that could receive messages, and I got a message saying you could not receive PM's. Could you please make a post and include the first initial for each member in your travel group? Thanks!

~Tink ~

Has anyone done the Stingray Adventure on Castaway Cay and would you recommend it? :)
Oh my Gosh, Yes!!!
We did this a few years back when the boys were younger, and we absolutely loved it. You first get a small history and ecology lesson, then it is off to the water (if you are planning to down a wet suit as I did because we were there in January, and I get cold if the temp drops below 80, don't get fully suited up until they tell you that you are heading for the water). At the water, they have neat swim through 'dining tables' for the sting rays. The guide will stand on one side of the table in about waist deep water, and about 6 people per table, will stand around the out side. You will learn how to feed the rays, and get the opportunity to feed them as well. The boys completely enjoyed this part. When the rays (who are hearty eaters) get their fill, they will swim out into their lagoon and wait for you to come and swim and play with them. I think we got to snorkel with the rays for about 30 to 45 minutes after the feeding. The rays were so friendly, and we were able to get so many wonderful pictures (sorry none to upload currently, they were all taken pre smart phone with water proof case).
One recommendation however, watch the weather. You can pre book your excursions, but if you decide you want to cancel, you need to do so at least 3 days before sailing. I myself have the jet ski tour at 2 scheduled. If the weather turns to cold, I will decide to opt out of having wind and water blowing at me when I am already cold. Choppy seas and cold weather may detract from your enjoyment of the rays.

~Tink~

For those who had previously asked about Character Meets that you need tickets for, I came across this today:
Disney Wonder Navigator
It is not from a Galveston sailing, but it is for a sailing on the Wonder. So there is a possibility that this is a glimpse at what we could expect.
Notice this is the embarkation day Navigator. That means that when you get on board, you may want to make your way to the Port Adventure Desk, Deck 3, Midship, as soon as you board to reserve the tickets for the characters you want to meet. These tickets are free, but limited. Make sure to check your Navigator when you first get it to look for any mention of Character Meet tickets. You can also ask one of the many Cast Members on hand.

Side note to those of us planning on attending a group meet, if you have a cabin number of someone in the group, you will be able to send text messages if something adds to your schedule and you need to request time / day changes. I will be happy to exchange our cabin number with all those I will be involved in activities with closer to our sail date (giving it out now, would just add to the list of things you have to remember how or where to find).

~Tink~

P.S. Pg 2 of the Navigator above, Cruise Highlights, also gives an idea of what nights are formal, semi formal, and casual

Last edited:
So cute Tink!!
We are going to make some new ones (we had a bunch of different magnets for our first Disney cruise so we just re-used them in different ways on our second cruise - since it was just a 3-night cruise), but now they are looking a little worn out, plus we need some special port-hole ears for this cruise since it's spanning two holidays and we're celebrating our sister's graduation! :)

Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub
DeeBelle
Happy Eeyor

OrcaPorkka (4 -12)
DaKa2002
PrincessBrit (3)

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss
korketrekkere

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow (3)
TweetyandKitty (2)
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody

PrincessJJ
cub77cub (6 adults )
Emperor Tim

Mixology (need 20 people to schedule)

Pixiehallow (2)
DeeBelle (2)
Happy Eeyor (1)

OrcaPorkka

Ice Cream Social
DeeBelle (2)
MouseketeerG (3)
Pixiehallow ( 3)
PrincessBrit (3)
Happy Eeyore (4)
*more detailed descriptions of all of the choices are in post # 112. If you do not see an activity sign up for anything you are interested in, please check post #112 and #236. Then let me know so I can start a sign up.

Last edited:
So cute Tink!!
We are going to make some new ones (we had a bunch of different magnets for our first Disney cruise so we just re-used them in different ways on our second cruise - since it was just a 3-night cruise), but now they are looking a little worn out, plus we need some special port-hole ears for this cruise since it's spanning two holidays and we're celebrating our sister's graduation! :)
Can't wait to see what y'all come up with!

Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub
DeeBelle
Happy Eeyor

OrcaPorkka (4 -12)
DaKa2002
PrincessBrit (3)

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss
korketrekkere

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow (3)
TweetyandKitty (2)
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody

PrincessJJ
cub77cub (6 adults )
Emperor Tim

Pixiehallow (2)
DeeBelle (2)
Happy Eeyor (1)

OrcaPorkka

Ice Cream Social
DeeBelle (2)
MouseketeerG (3)
Pixiehallow ( 3)
PrincessBrit (3)
Happy Eeyore (4)
*more detailed descriptions of all of the choices are in post # 112. If you do not see an activity sign up for anything you are interested in, please check post #112 and #236. Then let me know so I can start a sign up.
The 4 of us would like to join in on the meet and greet as well as the ice cream social if possible please!

Quick question. This may have already been mentioned but I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find any good info on luggage limits! Anyone have any good insights on what is allowed and if there are any limits

Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub
DeeBelle
Happy Eeyor

OrcaPorkka (4 -12)
DaKa2002
PrincessBrit (3)
Baker Family (4)

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss
korketrekkere

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow (3)
TweetyandKitty (2)
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody

PrincessJJ
cub77cub (6 adults )
Emperor Tim

Pixiehallow (2)
DeeBelle (2)
Happy Eeyor (1)

OrcaPorkka

Ice Cream Social
DeeBelle (2)
MouseketeerG (3)
Pixiehallow ( 3)
PrincessBrit (3)
Happy Eeyore (4)
Baker Family (4 )

Quick question. This may have already been mentioned but I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find any good info on luggage limits! Anyone have any good insights on what is allowed and if there are any limits
I found this :

According to your Disney Cruise Line contract, guests can bring two suitcases per person on board plus a carry-on bag which can not exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep...

Here: http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=12&pid=343&cid=157&qid=125785

You can also find the specifics in the cruise contract you have to sign. You can view and digitally sign your contract in the online check in section. I described how to get to the online check in a few posts back.

Hope this helps!

~ Tink ~

Monday Forget Me Not's....

Happy Monday everyone. We have broken the 3 month barrier. I am getting so excited.
This weeks Forget me not is your important numbers and contact information.

Just in case there is a need, it is a good idea to have a list of important numbers, and contact information.
This could come in handy for many situations. Such as medical emergencies, or being a dock runner that happens to be just a few minutes late, and misses the boat. Or even the 'did I forget to turn the stove off' incidents. It is better to have them, and not need them, than to need them, and not have them.
You may also want the contact information list to send post cards to your friends back home. Or, we will be in the Christmas season, you could prep your Christmas cards with addresses and bring them along to send from an international port.
Either way, this simple sheet of paper that will not bog your luggage down may come in quite handy.

~Tink~

P.S. When you receive your cruise document book a few weeks before sailing, there will be cards with ship contact information on it for you to give to anyone who may need to reach you in case of emergency or such.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] I made my first craft for the cruise! This are insulated and will fit our straw cups as well as our travel mugs. I'm so excited to have gotten something done! My daughter's wedding is September 19th, so that has been taking up a huge chunk of my time.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 7
Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub
DeeBelle
Happy Eeyor

OrcaPorkka (4 -12)
DaKa2002
PrincessBrit (3)
Baker Family (4)
BetsyF (4)

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss
korketrekkere

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow (3)
TweetyandKitty (2)
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody

PrincessJJ
cub77cub (6 adults )
Emperor Tim

Pixiehallow (2)
DeeBelle (2)
Happy Eeyor (1)

OrcaPorkka

Ice Cream Social
DeeBelle (2)
MouseketeerG (3)
Pixiehallow ( 3)
PrincessBrit (3)
Happy Eeyore (4)
Baker Family (4 )
BetsyF (4)

Hi Everyone!
This will be our first Disney cruise and we are so excited! We love Disney and have been to WDW to many times to count since our honeymoon in 1999. We have twin 3yr old boys who have no clue we are going. We plan to surprise them the day of the cruise.

Hi Everyone!
This will be our first Disney cruise and we are so excited! We love Disney and have been to WDW to many times to count since our honeymoon in 1999. We have twin 3yr old boys who have no clue we are going. We plan to surprise them the day of the cruise.
Welcome aboard Beachie_keen!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
How exciting for your boys.
I am guessing you are already a Disney addict (I recognize the similar trait of loosing count of trips to WDW :P). Since you already are prone to the draw of the Mouse, I feel I should warn you, that Disney cruising is very addictive. This will be our 6th cruise, and we are already planning our 7th. If you have any questions, I would be glad to help you the best that I can.
If you are interested in taking part in any of the group activities (FE, cabin crawl, group meets, mixology, toddler play date), just let me know, and we will get you added in.
I look forward to getting to know you over the next 3 months of cruise planning.

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter