Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll find out tomorrow! This has been so helpful and so exciting to read. I want to pack everything right now! And make shirts! And go shopping! And...:yay:

I think I may have contributed to your Disney cruise addiction. Which by the way is a common condition for many people who have cruised on Disney. However, the addiction usually kicks in once you have been on board. You may have it bad :P::yes:::earseek:

~ Tink ~

Hey everyone, I just started a conversation w/ everyone that I am able to message. For those of you who do not yet have messaging capabilities, here is the message I sent out to our group:

Hi everyone,
I am working on putting together the group meet, and possibly a mixology meet / class. I would like to ask everyone who may be interested in either to please get back to me as soon as possible. I can schedule both of these through Disney, but there are minimum requirements for each if we want to have them hosted by Disney, and set aside a special time for just our group.
So, PLEASE, reach out and connect with me either way, so that I know you got the message. Thanks a bunch.

~Tink~

Also, I am working on getting all of the FE's organized, and there are a few people that have gone missing, and I am unable to reach them via messaging. If you are signed up for the FE, and your name is red in the post on the previous page, please look for a PM from me. If you do not receive one, I need you to get back with me ASAP (also if you do receive a PM, please respond ASAP).
If I can not reach some of the members who have gone missing, and that we do not have any information for, I am going to have to do some shifting around in order to allow those who have responded and do want to participate the opportunity to be in a full group.

Thanks,
~Tink~

Cantubunch - You are almost to the point of being able to PM. Once there we can get your FE info. Also, I need to know if you would be open to possibly moving groups. I am trying to make sure all the groups are filled w/ active members.

~Tink~

Also, I am working on getting all of the FE's organized, and there are a few people that have gone missing, and I am unable to reach them via messaging. If you are signed up for the FE, and your name is red in the post on the previous page, please look for a PM from me. If you do not receive one, I need you to get back with me ASAP (also if you do receive a PM, please respond ASAP).
If I can not reach some of the members who have gone missing, and that we do not have any information for, I am going to have to do some shifting around in order to allow those who have responded and do want to participate the opportunity to be in a full group.

Thanks,
~Tink~
I'd like to participate in the FE. You can add me to a group if you need to fill in.

Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub
DeeBelle
Happy Eeyor
DaKa2002

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss
korketrekkere

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody
cub77cub
Emperor Tim

Mixology (need 20 people to schedule)

Pixiehallow (2)
DeeBelle (2)
Happy Eeyor (1)

*more detailed descriptions of all of the choices are in post # 112. If you do not see an activity sign up for anything you are interested in, please check post #112 and #236. Then let me know so I can start a sign up.

Last edited:
For everyone that is participate in the FE, there have been some changes to the group arrangement. If I have already shared the spreadsheet with you, please check the google doc for updates. If I have not shared the doc with you, please PM me when you are ready for it, and I will get you set on the document share.

~Tink~

Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub
DeeBelle

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss
korketrekkere

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody
cub77cub
Emperor Tim

Pixiehallow (2)
DeeBelle (2)

*more detailed descriptions of all of the choices are in post # 112. If you do not see an activity sign up for anything you are interested in, please check post #112 and #236. Then let me know so I can start a sign up.

For the cabin crawl, do you have an organizer? What room types do we have on those signed up? I encourage everyone to participate in this event. It is very fun! You get to meet other cruisers, but you also get to tour the various room types. It really helps for planning your next cruise.

For the cabin crawl, do you have an organizer? What room types do we have on those signed up? I encourage everyone to participate in this event. It is very fun! You get to meet other cruisers, but you also get to tour the various room types. It really helps for planning your next cruise.
Currently I am organizing it. I always welcome help though. I second your input about everyone should join in. I really enjoyed being able to see 'secret cabins' on the last cabin crawl I was on.
As for cabins, currently we have an inside cabin (I think cat 11) - this is good to see for those who think they will go for the cheaper cabin to save some money. They will be able to decide if this cabin is large enough for them. We have a Deluxe Ocean view that is Handicap accessible - this is a good cabin to see for anyone who may wonder how Disney sets up a room to be accessible to wheel chair users. We have 2 verandah cabins one on the lower end of verandahs, and the other on the upper end - seeing both cabins will be good for those considering verandahs. And finally, we have a concierge level cabin - this will be a look at how we can treat ourselves on a Disney cruise.
If we are doing poker with the crawl. We will need 5 cabins to help with the game. However, we do not need to limit the crawl to 5 cabins. I would love to see more people join and offer to show their cabins.

~Tink~

Thanks for the info, Tink. I was just wondering if those that just want to do the crawl (and not have their room toured) should also sign up. The poker game was a fun addition on our last cruise cabin crawl!

Thanks for the info, Tink. I was just wondering if those that just want to do the crawl (and not have their room toured) should also sign up. The poker game was a fun addition on our last cruise cabin crawl!
I would like them to. That would give us a good idea on the number, and we will be able to decide as a group what time would work best for everyone. Plus, we are going to have candy out for everyone that visits our cabin on the crawl, and it would be nice to know how much we need.

YEAH!!!!
I completed my online check in, got my Palo reservations, and scheduled our shore excursions!
Today was the day that Gold Castaway Club members could begin their online check in and reservations. That means Silver members only have 15 more days, and new cruisers only have 30 days until your window opens.

I waited up till midnight last night so that I could jump right on and try to snag the earliest port arrival times, Palo brunch, and a cabana on Castaway Cay. Well, 2 out of 3 is not bad (I think 2 anyway...we have a port arrival time of 11. I am not sure if there are any earlier or not).
I am bummed we missed the cabana, but I will keep checking. there is still a chance 1 may magically open.

If your window to start online check in and reservations has not opened, make your plans now, and be ready at midnight the night before it does. The Disney rule of 'Run pushing and shoving, that's the Disney way' applies for online check in as well. I have seen a cabana disappear as I was attempting to book it before. The same goes for port arrival times. But, I have been able to pick up an earlier port arrival time than I originally was able to by checking back regularly. For those of you who have utilized the reservation system at Disney for dining reservations, or fast passes, you will understand the concept of check again and again. Magic happens at Disney all of the time.

~Tink~

Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub
DeeBelle
Happy Eeyor

OrcaPorkka (4 -12)
DaKa2002

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss
korketrekkere

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody
cub77cub
Emperor Tim

Pixiehallow (2)
DeeBelle (2)
Happy Eeyor (1)

OrcaPorkka

Last edited:
Monday Forget Me Not's

This ones for the lady's....I always wondered what that phrase could ever be used for! :upsidedow

When your packing for a Disney Cruise, you have a choice to make - Pack your whole bathroom, or Take advantage of Disney's complementary bathroom essentials.

Disney does a great job at covering your bathroom needs. They have soap (bar form for face and hand), shampoo, conditioner, lotion (body butter) and even an ion hair dryer. These toiletries are top of the line H2O products.

So, why am I adding this to the forget me not's then, you ask. Well, for those of us who have sensitive skin, or that have a product they swear by because the results are amazing, we need to plan ahead to take those items even if Disney has already stocked the bathroom up for you.

Being a sailor w/ sensitive skin, and very long hair, I am one who has to consider what to and what not to bring.

Below, I am going to go over each of the amenities 1 by 1 (or 2 by 2).

Hand soap and face soap bars - On prior Disney cruises we have used the bar hand soap and been very
pleased. However, on our last cruise, some one gave us a foaming hand soap
from Bath and Body as a gift during the cruise. We put it in the bathroom, and
found that the pump style soap was easier to use and made less of a mess. We
decided that we would be bringing our own hand soap from that point on. As
for the face bar (which is basically the soap you are expected to use in the
shower), it has never been open in our cabin. This is because of a personal
preference. We prefer to use a body wash w/ a puff.
Shampoo and conditioner - My husband and the boys love the shampoo and conditioner. They smell
wonderful, and do an awesome job. I on the other hand, because I
suffer from sensitive skin, and have found that the H2O hair products and I don't
get along have to pack these items. For those of you who expect certain results
from your products, I would suggest packing your own as well. That way, you
can give the H2O products a try, and if they don't work for you, you will have
your own there as a back up.
Lotion (body butter) - With sensitive skin, one might think I need to bring my own lotion as well. However,
I do not. The H20 body butter is outstanding. It does a great job moisturizing skin
that is all dried out from wind and sun
Hair Drier - This item is one that you will find debated on many cruise threads. "Is the dryer a good enough
quality, and does it have enough power to dry my hair?" I would answer yes to both of these
questions. As a matter of fact, I bought my ion hair drier after using one on the Disney cruise.
My hair is extremely long, and tends to take quite a bit of time to dry. However, with the ion
drier, I can dry my hair in about 5 minutes (that is straight out of the shower, with out time
for any air dry time). I do not know how well the drier will work for thick hair, as mine in very
fine, but I would assume it would work just as well.

Hopefully, this helps you narrow down what is a must pack from your bathroom, and what can be left at home. Oh, and always remember to pack any liquids (like your bathroom items that are going in checked luggage...no drinks :drinking: those must be in carry on) in a zip lock bag. One of our favorite pass times on boarding day is to watch them load the luggage on to the boat, and see if we can spot ours. And I promise you, there is no "Handle with Care" taking place on the dock. Our luggage is thrown, and dropped, and squished. It would be a horrible way to start you cruise if your soap or lotion ended up all over your clothes.

Have a great week
~Tink~

(Sung to 100 bottles of beer on the wall)

100 Disney Cast Members on board,
100 Disney Cast Members
Say goodbye and slide on down,
99 Disney Cast Members on board!

100 days till our cruise :sail::dogdance::dancer::cool1:

(Sung to 100 bottles of beer on the wall)

100 Disney Cast Members on board,
100 Disney Cast Members
Say goodbye and slide on down,
99 Disney Cast Members on board!

100 days till our cruise :sail::dogdance::dancer::cool1:
100 crazy packing days to go,
100 crazy days
1 day down, coming around,
99 crazy packing days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter