• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to the group Laurie!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
It is definitely not to late to join the group. The only thing that has been closed at this time is the FE. That is unless at least 6 or 7 more cabins join in the next little bit. If so, I would be glad to create a group 3.
We still have several fun activities that are being planned, and would love to have you join in with any or all of them. Here is a list of activities.
- Ice Cream social on the first day at sea.
- Cabin Crawl (no date finalized)
- Mixology (still trying to reach 20 adult participants)
- Toddler play date (no date or time finalized)
- Also one member suggested an ornament exchange, but we have not gotten any feed back on that yet.
If you are interested in any of these activities, please let me know, and I will get you added in. And as soon as you get your post count up to 10 (not hard, you can post about your plans, just say hi, or even give us a count down time) I can add you into the PM conversations for the activities you want to join.

I look forward to getting to know you.

~Tink~

Thanks for the reply Tink. We are all so excited. Feeling a little disappointed that the FE is closed 8-(

Thanks for the reply Tink. We are all so excited. Feeling a little disappointed that the FE is closed 8-(
Well, the decision was made at the end of last week when we rounded out the 2nd group to 10.
We have had 3 new families in the last week or so join, so, nothing is impossible. On our last cruise, the FE was closed about 1.5 months out, and we had enough families join the group after we closed the FE, to have another group. They all wanted to participate, and did not mind the short prep time. So, who knows, keep your fingers crossed, and maybe enough families / cabins will join to make a group 3.

~Tink~

Be careful what you wish for, Disney Cruises can be very addictive :tongue:
I won't give up, with fingers crossed a a little pixie dust maybe a new group will come together. I am putting together the FE gifts and will take them even if we don't get added to a group. It is better to give than to receive :P

Well, the decision was made at the end of last week when we rounded out the 2nd group to 10.
We have had 3 new families in the last week or so join, so, nothing is impossible. On our last cruise, the FE was closed about 1.5 months out, and we had enough families join the group after we closed the FE, to have another group. They all wanted to participate, and did not mind the short prep time. So, who knows, keep your fingers crossed, and maybe enough families / cabins will join to make a group 3.

~Tink~
I won't give up, with fingers crossed a a little pixie dust maybe a new group will come together. I am putting together the FE gifts and will take them even if we don't get added to a group. It is better to give than to receive :P

Wrong response lol

I love your attitude. :love:
When we go to the parks, we like to do what is called Random Acts of Magic. I prefer Random Acts of Pixie dust though (because of the whole Tink thing and all).:tinker:
Part of our trip planning is what we are going to do.
On our last trip, we took goody bags for all of the flight attendants, I took a spare pair of wings and got them signed by Tinkerbell to give to a little girl, and we took a few extra trading pins to hand out. When I found the little girl that I knew was the perfect choice for the wings, I ended up giving her one of my Tinkerbell pins as well. It is so much fun to create the magic. pixiedust:
If no one else joins, bring your Fish Extender for outside your door. I will make sure we have a few extras (especially on pirate night ). When you reach 10 posts, I will PM you and get your cabin #'s so I can be prepared for the "just in case ".

~ Tink ~

We are all booked on the cruise, coming in on Thanksgiving IAH from California. Any suggestions on where to stay? and how about getting to Galveston? We are a family of 5. Stay in Houston or Galveston?? Love to hear thoughts from Disney traveler.. The transfer seem to be our biggest hurdle right now.
Sorry it has taken so long for me to look into this, but here are a few suggestions for transfers from IAH to the Port of Galveston (if you stay the night at an IAH hotel, I am sure you could consider it a cruise transfer from the airport. Worst case scenario is you take a hotel shuttle back to airport).

http://www.royalcarriages.com/services/cruise-rates They have a transport for 4 @$150, and a transport for 7 @ $175
https://www.uber.com/cities/houston Uber is a personal contract driver (similar to a taxi, but you are working with individuals, not a taxi company)
I checked Enterprise Rental cars Here They had rates around $65 for 1 day. They are the only rental car company on Galveston island, so if you were doing a 1 way rental, they would be your only rental car option. With their prices being so much more reasonable, I would call them to see if they have a service to drop you at the port, and pick you back up from the port. We cruised with a couple back in January, who did back to back cruises, and they rented a car from enterprise during one of the days they were in port between cruises. I did not ask if Enterprise was close enough to walk to or if they offered them a pick up / drop off service. It is worth looking into in my opinion.
One other place to check, is this page for Galveston Cruise Tips. They cover several options for arriving at IAH before sailing out of Galveston.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

~Tink~

Follow up note about Enterprise Car Rental.
I just checked out some Yelp reviews on them, and it appears that they do offer pick up / drop off service. But I would try to book the return rental directly with the location in Galveston if at all possible. One reviewer mentioned having booked through the corporate web site, and arriving to find they were over booked and there was a wait list.

Hi everyone! I just had one of our group members reach out and let me know they had a chocolate tasting put together, and asked if I could get the word out. If anyone is interested in joining it, just let me know. I am going to start a PM conversation so all the details can get worked out. I would be happy to add anyone interested to the conversation.

Laurie, we have some magic makers waiting to get some FE information from you. You only need 1 more post, and I can get the FE PM out to you.

Chocolate tasting sounds like fun...any details yet for day/time? Put us on the message about it and we'll see if we can join :)

Laurie, we have some magic makers waiting to get some FE information from you. You only need 1 more post, and I can get the FE PM out to you.
Thanks Tink, I will get cabin info. I am at work at the moment without the info here. All are on deck 7 one is 7296 with 4yo boy(Bretlan) the another has 5yo girl(Lyrik) and 1yo girl(Pyper) and the 3rd cabin 17yo girl(Stori and her bday was day before we sail) and 14yo girl(Mikah). I think I am at 10 post now...wooHoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter