Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Jaun - January 20, 2017

Yay I have found my fellow cruisers!! My name is Ange, and I'm traveling with DS 4. We are from Australia (Wollongong which is 1 hr south of Sydney). Can you please add us to the roll call.
We have made reservations at another hotel prior to leaving but would love to attend the meeting and greet if it's not too hard to get to, from where we are staying.
I would have loved to have read all 45 pages of this thread, however it's 4am and I have been awake for the last 3 hrs and I have work today so must get back to sleep!!! Will catch up on the posts soon.
Can't wait till we are cruising!!
Welcome to our group Ange!!!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I am glad you found us!!!!
I will definitely add you to the roll call. I am excited to have an Australian sailing with us. Two cruises back, one of my fellow group planners was from Australia. I had a great time getting to know her and her family.
So what hotel are you staying at? If you are at one of the sister properties to the Harbor House, I think they have a shuttle between each of them. If you can work out getting over to the property, we would love to have you join us.
Once you get a chance to catch up on all of the posts, let us know if you want to join any of the planned activities (like mixology, cabin crawl, or FE). Also, if you have any ideas for activities, just let us know.

~Tink~

I am going to try to post this at the top of each page (going forward ) so new members won't have to search to find out what we are planning.

~Planned activities ~
(Meets, cabin crawls, mixology, etc )

Mixology
(will need a minimum of 20 - must be 21 or older)
Currently interested:
Pixiehallow (2)
SunI17 (2 )
StefunnyD (1)
MNnice (2)
Sian (2)
Bbrown (2)
ColoradoMrs (2)
DesertGal(2)​

Pre Cruise Meet for Harbor House
Pixiehallow
MNnice

StefunnyD
Zoijmvs

BBrown
crystalsnowseekins
Mngirl80
westonkamom
asperle
alaskanabbott
MNMommyof2
Grumpy's Group
Angel Rae​

Cabin Crawl
(with or without poker)
Currently interested:
Pixiehallow
alaskanabbott
MNnice
Angel Rae​

Happy Monday!!! We have 14 Monday's until our cruise!!!!

Today's Forget Me Not's is for the lady's.

When your packing for a Disney Cruise, you have a choice to make - Pack your whole bathroom, or take advantage of Disney's complementary bathroom essentials.

Disney does a great job at covering your bathroom needs. They have soap (bar form for face and hand), shampoo, conditioner, lotion (body butter) and even an ion hair dryer. These toiletries are top of the line H2O products.

So, why am I adding this to the forget me not's then, you ask. Well, for those of us who have sensitive skin, or that have a product they swear by because the results are amazing, we need to plan ahead to take those items even if Disney has already stocked the bathroom up for you.

Being a sailor w/ sensitive skin, and very long hair, I am one who has to consider what to and what not to bring.

Below, I am going to go over each of the amenities 1 by 1 (or 2 by 2).

Hand soap and face soap bars
- On prior Disney cruises we have used the bar hand soap and been very
pleased. However, on one of our last cruises, some one gave us a foaming hand soap
from Bath and Body as a gift during the cruise. We put it in the bathroom, and
found that the pump style soap was easier to use and made less of a mess. We
decided that we would be bringing our own hand soap from that point on. As
for the face bar (which is basically the soap you are expected to use in the
shower), it has never been open in our cabin. This is because of a personal
preference. We prefer to use a body wash w/ a puff.
Shampoo and conditioner - My husband and the boys love Disney's shampoo and conditioner. They smell
wonderful, and do an awesome job. I on the other hand, because of my
sensitive skin, have found that the H2O hair products and I don't
get along, and I have to pack these items. For those of you who expect certain results
from your products, I would suggest packing your own as well. That way, you
can give the H2O products a try, and if they don't work for you, you will have
your own there as a back up.
Lotion (body butter) - You might think I would bring my own lotion as well. However,
I do not. The H20 body butter is outstanding. It does a great job moisturizing skin
that is all dried out from wind and sun
Hair Drier - This item is one that you will find debated on many cruise threads. "Is the dryer a good enough
quality, and does it have enough power to dry my hair?" I would answer yes to both of these
questions. As a matter of fact, I bought my ion hair drier after using one on the Disney cruise.
With extremely long, it tends to take quite a bit of time to dry. However, with the ion
drier, I can dry my hair in about 5 minutes (that is straight out of the shower, with out time
for any air dry time). I do not know how well the drier will work for thick hair, as mine in very
fine, but I would assume it would work just as well.

Hopefully, this helps you narrow down what is a must pack from your bathroom, and what can be left at home. Oh, and always remember to pack any liquids (like your bathroom items that are going in checked luggage...no drinks :drinking: those must be in carry on) in a zip lock bag. One of our favorite pass times on boarding day is to watch them load the luggage on to the boat, and see if we can spot ours. And I promise you, there is no "Handle with Care" taking place on the dock. Our luggage is thrown, and dropped, and squished. It would be a horrible way to start you cruise if your soap or lotion ended up all over your clothes.

Have a great week
~Tink~

I reached out to a private tour provider in San Juan yesterday (who by the way has outstanding reviews on trip advisor, and I think it is the person that someone recommended closer to the beginning of the thread) and got a response this morning. The tour he offers is a customers choice. He takes the group where they want to go for the 4 hour tour (and yes I head it after I typed it....luckily we are talking about a land tour!). The price is for a group of up to 8 people. Our family only has 3 members. If there is anyone else that would be interested in joining us on the tour, we would be willing to split the cost. Please either post and let me know if you are interested or PM me.
Oh, so far we have requested a tour of Old San Juan, and some good eats. I know that will not take up 4 hours, so there is plenty of room to expand the tour.

~Tink~

I reached out to a private tour provider in San Juan yesterday (who by the way has outstanding reviews on trip advisor, and I think it is the person that someone recommended closer to the beginning of the thread) and got a response this morning. The tour he offers is a customers choice. He takes the group where they want to go for the 4 hour tour (and yes I head it after I typed it....luckily we are talking about a land tour!). The price is for a group of up to 8 people. Our family only has 3 members. If there is anyone else that would be interested in joining us on the tour, we would be willing to split the cost. Please either post and let me know if you are interested or PM me.
Oh, so far we have requested a tour of Old San Juan, and some good eats. I know that will not take up 4 hours, so there is plenty of room to expand the tour.

~Tink~
Tink, you're probably talking about the same guy/tour we just booked this past week for when we're in PR. :)

Oh, and one more :offtopic: thing. Sorry!!!
A quick thanks to all of those who offered input about my DS's decision to head in the direction of becoming a EMT. And some great news. Yesterday was his first meeting for a new program they started in our area. The Boy Scout Explorer program added an EMT explorer unit in our area. He is so excited that he will be able to start ride alongs after the first of the year.
Okay, I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter