Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Jaun - January 20, 2017

Please add us to the Harbor House meet and greet :) We should be arriving to the hotel on Wednesday around 2. I will also have a friend and her 2 daughters with as well for the meet-up. She isn't on Dis, but I know we have some overlap with members here and another major site so she'll still know some of you through the other group....hope that made sense, lol.

Please add us to the Harbor House meet and greet :) We should be arriving to the hotel on Wednesday around 2. I will also have a friend and her 2 daughters with as well for the meet-up. She isn't on Dis, but I know we have some overlap with members here and another major site so she'll still know some of you through the other group....hope that made sense, lol.
I will put you down. As for extra friends, I don't see a problem. The whole idea is to get to know each other before we set sail.
We currently don't have anything planned as far as the whens and where's, but as we get closer, we will have a better idea of how big of an area we will need and what time works best for everyone.

Well, it's always better to be safe than sorry! :rolleyes:
Anyway, we are still going to need them within the next 2 years for our trip to Europe. :idea:

Disney now has this on the website: We went ahead and got the passport too. We want to do a Alaskan cruise next and we would have to fly into Canada so we figured we might has well. I would love to go to Europe again. Where are you going Pixiehallow?

· Caribbean – One-Way Itineraries
Sailing from: Galveston to San Juan, San Juan to Miami, San Juan to Port Canaveral, New York to San Juan or Miami to San Juan

The following guidelines are based on government regulations, which are subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to check with your travel agent, government agency, embassy or consulate to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on the ship's itinerary.

If you're visiting any country other than the U.S., remember to contact the consulate of that country to ensure you have the documentation required to visit. Travelers can visit the U.S. State Department's website. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding.

Adults who are not the parent or legal guardian of a minor traveling with them must present a Minor Authorization Form signed by the child’s parent(s) or legal guardian.

Required Documents for U.S. Citizens
All Guests claiming U.S. citizenship, including children, must provide:

• A valid U.S. Passport
    • A valid U.S. Passport Card
    • A valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
Photocopies of passports are not acceptable.

Guests disembarking in a foreign port and not returning to the ship should be sure that they meet all of the documentation and entry requirements of that country. In addition, they may be assessed a fine or penalty according to local or national regulations.

U.S. citizens traveling by air to the United States must present a valid passport.

U.S. Legal Permanent Residents
Guests who are legal permanent residents of the U.S. must provide a valid original Legal Permanent Resident Card, also known as a "Green Card," or "Alien Resident Card (ARC)." Photocopies are not acceptable.

Disney now has this on the website: We went ahead and got the passport too. We want to do a Alaskan cruise next and we would have to fly into Canada so we figured we might has well. I would love to go to Europe again. Where are you going Pixiehallow?

/QUOTE]
It is looking more like the Mediterranean. Our soon to be graduate wants to visit Italy (and if possible Greece ). However, if his graduation date and college start date don't line up with the Mediterranean, I may get my dream trip to England and or Norwegian ports.
We are looking at our vacation plans for the next few years to try and decide if we are going to take advantage of the on board booking. We are hoping to be at Disney for the premier party for the next Star Wars and then head to port canaveral the next day to catch a 3 or 4 day Disney cruise (I think it is the 3 day that sails that Friday). If that doesn't line up, we will just do the parks and hold off on the next cruise until Europe.

During our cruise in Nov. you had to have reservations to go to the character breakfast. The reservations were only available to make once we boarded. And as I am sure you can imagine, they went quick. We were told to make our first stop at guest services (as soon as we boarded) to make sure we got a ticket.
From what I understand from my travel agent, we may now be able to make those reservations online when our window opens for online check in. If that is so, I would highly recommend signing up as soon as your online booking window opens if you are interested in going.
The reservation (and breakfast) were free. So, if you make the reservations and end up not being able to go for some reason, you will be able to cancel with out worry of any consequences. However, if you decide you will not be able to make it, please cancel out of courtesy to other cruisers who may have not been able to secure a spot and were put on a waiting list.
I am not sure if anyone following this thread is a platinum cast away member, or has concierge status. If so, could you please let us know if early booking is available for the character breakfasts. If not, as a gold member, my online check-in opens 15 days after the platinum / concierge date opens, and I will share what I find out.
With that being said, we unfortunately have to wait until Oct. for Gold online check in to open.
Maybe, if we are lucky, someone from an earlier sailing date will share what they find out!!!!

~Tink~
I will be on this cruise in concierge. I can let you know about the character breakfast. On your cruise do you remember the times. My son is a late riser, and we would like to book late as possible.

I will be on this cruise in concierge. I can let you know about the character breakfast. On your cruise do you remember the times. My son is a late riser, and we would like to book late as possible.
If you are going to be on our sailing, welcome to the group!
:welcome:
As for the character breakfast, on our November 2015 sailing, reservations were available on 15 minute intervals starting at 8 AM. I think they went until either 9:30 or 10.
If you are on our sailing, could you also check, when your check in window opens, to see if Palo will be having bookings for brunch on sea days? Thanks!

~ Tink ~

For those who need transportation from HOU/IAH to Galveston:

I was reduced to reading the AmericanWay magazine on my flight home this week (actually, I was failing the Mensa Quiz on the previous page miserably) and found a promo code for SuperShuttle or ExecuCar.

It is good for 10% off and double AAdvantage miles if you book using the SuperShuttle Android/iPhone app (the SuperShuttle app works for ExecuCar as well).

I reserved a Town car from Hobby to Harbor House for $108 (plus tip). That's cheaper than the shuttle option for our group of three. See page 86 of the August AmericanWay (LINK) for the code. Hope this helps someone else!

Last edited:

Happy Monday everyone!!!!!
We have 24 Mondays to go!!!!!
Today's For Get Me Not's is Magnets and Decorations.
Disney not only allows you to decorate your door, they encourage it. However, you need to keep 1 thing in mind when planning your decorations. Disney only allows door decorations that are magnetic. You are not allowed to use any type of adhesive when decorating your door or room. Those who unknowingly have decorated with adhesive material (tape, duct tape, those products that you pull the tab in the back and they are supposed to come up with out leaving any marks, suction cups, etc.....) find a hefty charge on their on board account at the end of the cruise. They will charge the account for any touch ups or replacements that need to be made.
Two cruises back, we saw a teenager applying duct tape to their cabin door as decoration. The CM's were unable to remove the tape w/out damage, and the parents were charged for replacing the door. On Disney's page, they even have noted that you can not use over the door shoe organizers any longer because of damage to the door. They worn that you will be charged for the damage (Reminder of previous Forget Me Not about reading your cruise contract with your kiddos).
On the fun side though, your door is a great place to let your personality shine through. If you search the DIS Board, you will be able to find threads with great door deco ideas. Personally, this trip we are going all out Star Wars. When you see our door, you will know you found Tink's family.
Another suggestion is to have a magnetic dry erase board for messages. You can use it to leave messages for FEers, for family, or even to let others know what you are celebrating.
We like to encourage others to stop by and sign it, because we take pictures daily.
Another magnet idea is to check out Etsy for all ready made or made to suit magnets.
If you would like to see pics of previous doors, I would be happy to share!

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone!!!!
We now have 23 Mondays until we set sail!
This weeks Forget Me Not is about candy and snacks.
I was reminded of this little treat, that is over looked more often than not, while I was prepping for my upcoming little turn around trip to Disney World.
I love Disney as much as any other fanatic, but I also know they waaaaaaaaay over price things. That is true for candy and snacks on board as well. And finding that must have candy bar or energy drink in port is not always easy either. So, if you are a chocoholic like everyone in my cabin, you may want to plan ahead to pack your favorite chocolate item. In our luggage, you will typically find a bag or 2 of M & M's (the type depends on the time of year....mint for Christmas time, the special Easter ones when traveling in March or April, and so on). This year, we are planning a special room make over that will include a basket with chocolate bars attached to mini light sabers, and other fun Star pirate themed candy items.
For those asking "Well I have heard about cruise food. You have food available all hours of the day. What do you need to bring your own for?" Let me answer that with another question. Do you have a family member that has something they love to snack on, and substitutions just won't do? If so, plan for those snack attacks. Also, I have B12 vitamin drinks that give me the energy to go from 8 AM to 1 AM every day. I can't find those on Disney, and I would be to pooped to keep going at that pace after day 2 with out it. And I know some cruisers that just can not do with out their specialty coffee. Yes, you will find free coffee on board, but if you want specialty coffee, it will cost you dearly. You can save by planning ahead and bringing some instant packs.
One secret for those wanting to bring extra items that they do not want to lug in their suitcase is to mail your items to the boat (actually to the port, but it will be delivered to you on board). If you are interested in shipping items (such as snacks, diapers, etc), you can call the port of Galveston, or your travel agent.

~Tink~

For those who need transportation from HOU/IAH to Galveston:

I was reduced to reading the AmericanWay magazine on my flight home this week (actually, I was failing the Mensa Quiz on the previous page miserably) and found a promo code for SuperShuttle or ExecuCar.

It is good for 10% off and double AAdvantage miles if you book using the SuperShuttle Android/iPhone app (the SuperShuttle app works for ExecuCar as well).

I reserved a Town car from Hobby to Harbor House for $108 (plus tip). That's cheaper than the shuttle option for our group of three. See page 86 of the August AmericanWay (LINK) for the code. Hope this helps someone else!
I couldn't find the link :(

Happy Monday everyone!!!!!
We have 24 Mondays to go!!!!!
Today's For Get Me Not's is Magnets and Decorations.
Disney not only allows you to decorate your door, they encourage it. However, you need to keep 1 thing in mind when planning your decorations. Disney only allows door decorations that are magnetic. You are not allowed to use any type of adhesive when decorating your door or room. Those who unknowingly have decorated with adhesive material (tape, duct tape, those products that you pull the tab in the back and they are supposed to come up with out leaving any marks, suction cups, etc.....) find a hefty charge on their on board account at the end of the cruise. They will charge the account for any touch ups or replacements that need to be made.
Two cruises back, we saw a teenager applying duct tape to their cabin door as decoration. The CM's were unable to remove the tape w/out damage, and the parents were charged for replacing the door. On Disney's page, they even have noted that you can not use over the door shoe organizers any longer because of damage to the door. They worn that you will be charged for the damage (Reminder of previous Forget Me Not about reading your cruise contract with your kiddos).
On the fun side though, your door is a great place to let your personality shine through. If you search the DIS Board, you will be able to find threads with great door deco ideas. Personally, this trip we are going all out Star Wars. When you see our door, you will know you found Tink's family.
Another suggestion is to have a magnetic dry erase board for messages. You can use it to leave messages for FEers, for family, or even to let others know what you are celebrating.
We like to encourage others to stop by and sign it, because we take pictures daily.
Another magnet idea is to check out Etsy for all ready made or made to suit magnets.
If you would like to see pics of previous doors, I would be happy to share!

~Tink~
I would love to see your door decorations!!

I would love to see your door decorations!!

The theme for our door for this cruise was post cards. On the right side of our door, we have a post card written to a different character each day. The last picture shows the magnets on the inside of the door waiting to be rotated out. The Texas cowboy boot was our Fish Extender!Copy of Disney Fantasy 0ct 5,2013 037.jpg Copy of Disney Fantasy 0ct 5,2013 038.jpg Copy of Disney Fantasy 0ct 5,2013 039.jpg Panther Football 2013 - John (163).jpg Panther Football 2013 - John (164).jpg 1 Cabin 6510.jpg

Oh no I hope nothing serious. Heal quickly.
It's just skin cancer rearing its ugly head again. I had an area that was threatening my eye. I am hoping once the swelling subsides I can say I had a mini face lift. :P
But right now, if I am asked about my black eye and the swelling, I just say 'you should see the other guy '!
And thanks for the warm wishes :goodvibes, I have the house to myself this weekend with our oldest off celebrating his fiancé's birthday, and our youngest off at an order of the arrow ordeal. I will have peace and quiet to rest.

It's just skin cancer rearing its ugly head again. I had an area that was threatening my eye. I am hoping once the swelling subsides I can say I had a mini face lift. :P
But right now, if I am asked about my black eye and the swelling, I just say 'you should see the other guy '!
And thanks for the warm wishes :goodvibes, I have the house to myself this weekend with our oldest off celebrating his fiancé's birthday, and our youngest off at an order of the arrow ordeal. I will have peace and quiet to rest.
Glad to hear you are okay. Rest up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter