Disney with Twin Toddlers: Our Guide!

Thank you for all the wonderful tips! We are taking our daughter for her 1st birthday in November and I have no clue how we are going to carry all of this luggage through the airport! Definitely going to ship groceries/diapers/formula to the hotel. We were able to rent DVC points and booked a studio at the Grand Floridian, so we will have a balcony and the convenience of being on the monorail.

Jenna we are renting DVC at the VGF in June - can't wait! Hoping it's a great place for little ones. Looking forward to the extra space and being close to MK!

Awesome! It will be our 1st time staying at Grand Floridian, I am so excited!! Have a great trip!!!

Thank you! We are taking our almost 3 yo twins in a few weeks and all this I go is so helpful! I was just stressing about a rain cover for our stroller. We Aldo have an 8 and 10 yo so our trip will be a bit different but all this toddler info is fabulous since we have never been to Disney with toddlers before.

Yeah...I bought the stroller cover at the past minute. I didn't want to take it out of the package for packing/space reasons, but in hindsight...it was a mistake! Definitely practice lightening-fast installation if you buy and bring one!

To those with preemies, thank you for your responses! We are so very thankful that our two have done so wonderfully! Since our budget doesn't really allow for a suite or DVC this year either, we will be staying at an off-site timeshare. We are also renting a stroller since we will be driving and don't have the space for our Bumbleride with everything we want to take (packing for a 9 day trip including a class reunion about 4 hours north of Orlando). As crazy as it sounds, I'm looking forward to the away-from-Disney factor this trip and think it will help a ton with sleeping issues. Having our own vehicle makes us feel more safe with transportation issues and gives us more flexibility as well.

Can't wait to report back on our trip with 32 month olds!

Amazing after one trip how you find out how much you over packed or under packed, isn't it?!

For eating we packed bibs, etc. By the end of the trip, we just decided we'd go buy them a new shirt if they got messy, the bibs were thrown aside every meal. And thank goodness (at 2 1/2) for them learning how to drink from a straw. No more sippy cups needed.

The most problematic of us, is the napping. One of ours would skip it, the other would hold out as long as he could and pass out around 4. So we'd always have one really tired one, and one that was rearing to go til the wee hours.

We'll be back in 2016, as the boys will be almost four, and probably our last try at getting to WDW before "big boy" school.

Yeah...I bought the stroller cover at the past minute. I didn't want to take it out of the package for packing/space reasons, but in hindsight...it was a mistake! Definitely practice lightening-fast installation if you buy and bring one!

To those with preemies, thank you for your responses! We are so very thankful that our two have done so wonderfully! Since our budget doesn't really allow for a suite or DVC this year either, we will be staying at an off-site timeshare. We are also renting a stroller since we will be driving and don't have the space for our Bumbleride with everything we want to take (packing for a 9 day trip including a class reunion about 4 hours north of Orlando). As crazy as it sounds, I'm looking forward to the away-from-Disney factor this trip and think it will help a ton with sleeping issues. Having our own vehicle makes us feel more safe with transportation issues and gives us more flexibility as well.

Can't wait to report back on our trip with 32 month olds!

Your plans for your upcoming Disney trip sound great! If you have the chance, please report back on your experiences when you return; I would love to hear how everything went :thumbsup2

Glad I ran across this thread, my wife and I will be taking our twin boys in October when they will be 21 months old! A lot of great info here. When we go we will be lucky enough to be going with family (11 of us in total) so we will have the advantage of having help and hopefully some us time as we love Disney. We're staying at Beach Club which is great seeing our favorite park, love that it's in walking distance. Thank you again for sharing trip report.

Thank you for this great thread! We don't have twins but we're planning on taking our DD for the first time next fall (she will be two) and I've be scouring the boards for information about taking a child that age. There was a lot of great info here! Especially:

We aren't going back to WDW for a few years, but knowing what I know now...I wouldn't go unless I could stay in a place with a balcony or a suite. We didn't want to spend the extra $100-$150 per night, but it might have been worth it in hindsight!

We were planning on just a regular room since it will just be three of us, but I hadn't considered DD's earlier bedtime and how that would affect us. Now I'm going to see if we can save enough to get a suite. Great advice! Thank you!

I just remembered one more thing I wanted to share! Do NOT spray sunscreen on your kids while they are in your stroller. It will stain the stroller fabric! We learned this the hard way and simply washing the cover did not remove it. I haven't tried soaking, Blue Dawn scrubs, and more aggressive ways to clean the fabric because I just don't have the time...but the best way to avoid this issue is to spray them outside of the stroller or put a thin towel underneath them in the stroller.

What a useful thread! We're taking our two year old twins in oct to dl. Itll be the first big trip for them so I'll take I'll the help I can get via other's experience.

Great thread. Thanks for all the advice! We will be taking our 22 month old son in September. We booked a few character meals. I sure hope he likes them!

We leave Friday for Disney Round 2...this time with 31 month olds! It's amazing how different this trip is shaping up to be in terms of preparations and packing! I plan to report when we get back, so stay tuned! Our two are ALL about Mickey and Frozen this year, so I can't wait to see them experience the magic all over again!

And for those who loved the clothes...just wait! Anna can still wear a lot of hers from last year, they are just shorter...so we've styled them differently! I even spent a little to "upcycle" one of Andrew's shirts from last year's Olaf Jon Jon!

Since 2.5 year olds don't understand "next week," we haven't told them anything. On Friday, they are being told (at 3:30am) that we are going on a "trip." We have lots of things planned and we hope they enjoy them even more than last year!

Awesome report, thanks! I didn't take my twins to Disney until they were 6, but I've been a single parent since they were 2 and just didn't think doing it alone was feasible until they were older. Now they're almost 13 and I have a 2-year-old going for the first time. It's definitely going to be a different paced vacation with him along!

So many great tips! Thank you for posting this. I hope you have a great trip with the 31 month olds and I can't wait to hear what else you've learned. I'm taking my toddler next week and can't wait to see how she reacts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter