Disney with Twin Toddlers: Our Guide!

DisneyParkLover... The outfits came from various places! The smocked ones came from Stellybelly. They have auctions on Facebook, and all you have to do is "Like" their page for updates. Their prices are reasonable and the quality is great! The embroidered shirts came from various ladies on Etsy. I just searched Disney Applique shirts, and picked the ones I liked the best! The Frozen outfits were also from Etsy. I saw the dress and asked the shop owner if she could make a coordinating jon jon for my son. She was happy to do it!

Never be afraid to ask an Etsy shop for something custom. I have some amazing things that I've helped "design" for our kids!

The kids have their own FB page...they are kind of known to be well-dressed! PM me if you want details! Our infertility struggles were crazy bad, but the NICU was worse. Andrew was born pulseless, Apgar 0, and in DIC. He had a super rough road for the first month, then things kind of leveled out (after his PDA ligation). Now, both are developmentally appropriate and super healthy other than some asthma/RAD in Andrew!

This is so timely!! I'm going down this Saturday with my 4yo and twin 16 month olds, plus we're going with friends that have 22 month old twins.

We went through fertility treatments to have our kids too. Luckily for me the hardest part was getting pregnant, so I was able to carry my kids to term.

Great thread! Thank you!

You mentioned budgeting $100-$150 per day for the parks...

I'm curious... what is this for? We have the dining plan and plan to bring water & snacks. We plan to purchase a few souvenirs. However, if I spend this much extra per day, I will be disappointed. What am I missing?

Great thread! Thank you!

You mentioned budgeting $100-$150 per day for the parks...

I'm curious... what is this for? We have the dining plan and plan to bring water & snacks. We plan to purchase a few souvenirs. However, if I spend this much extra per day, I will be disappointed. What am I missing?

Our meal plan didn't include our children because they were under 2. It also only provided for 2 meals a day, and our babies eat 3 meals a day plus snacks. Because our ice chest leaked, we didn't end up bringing our own drinks and refrigerated snacks into the parks.

We easily spent $25/day on food/fruits for the babies and $20/day on cold drinks (we were there the hottest week of the year). We also tipped 20% with every table service meal, which was generally around $20-25. When we averaged our other "extras," it added up to about $100/day. We bought 4 stuffed toys, 2 fans, rode the carousel and train at DTD, bought a couple of necessities at the resort store (stain stick and a tiny detergent), and enjoyed a few adult beverages during the trip (like 3-4 the entire 8 days total). We also tipped the limo drivers $25 each way and bought groceries prior to getting to the resort (which cost $80).

It added up super fast!

Our meal plan didn't include our children because they were under 2. It also only provided for 2 meals a day, and our babies eat 3 meals a day plus snacks. Because our ice chest leaked, we didn't end up bringing our own drinks and refrigerated snacks into the parks.

We easily spent $25/day on food/fruits for the babies and $20/day on cold drinks (we were there the hottest week of the year). We also tipped 20% with every table service meal, which was generally around $20-25. When we averaged our other "extras," it added up to about $100/day. We bought 4 stuffed toys, 2 fans, rode the carousel and train at DTD, bought a couple of necessities at the resort store (stain stick and a tiny detergent), and enjoyed a few adult beverages during the trip (like 3-4 the entire 8 days total). We also tipped the limo drivers $25 each way and bought groceries prior to getting to the resort (which cost $80).

It added up super fast!

That makes sense. Thank you for the breakdown and your great trip report!

It sounds like our situation will be a bit different. I'm hoping to keep expenses to a minimum and we are going during a less hot time as well. I'm also a newbie so hopefully I've planned well.

Great tips. We took our twin boys at 15 months last year in early August. That was the first mistake. Too hot for Mom and Dad, let alone little ones. We never made it past 3 PM at any of the parks, and we were so worn down from the heat, we didn't want to go back at night.

We leave in four weeks (they're 2 1/2 as of this Wednesday), and we can't wait. They both keep telling us they want to go to Mickey's House NOW!

We learned from that last trip to 1) don't really have a plan going into a park. Hit the stuff the kids will like first. Do SM, Splash, BTMRR, etc when they're napping, etc. Our kids loved Fantasyland at MK, and EPCOT was a huge hit. I think we spent two hours in the Living Seas looking at the aquarium alone.

I planned the "break day" on day three this time. Just swimming at the Timeshare all day, and scheduled nap time. We'll probably hit up Downtown Disney for shopping and dinner that day too.

What great information! We don't have twins but are taking our 17 month old in January, and I found this so helpful! We've been to Disney many times before just the two of us, but this will be our first family vacation; we've never even stayed in the same hotel as a family. I do have a question, though. How did you do nap times? Would they just sleep in the stroller or would you go back to the resort? And while they slept (if you were at the resort) did you just play on phones, relax, etc.? Sleeping is my only concern with LO, just because I don't know what he'll do in the pack and play if he can see us, LOL. And same for night time; he usually goes down around 7:30 (though I'm leaving room to be way flexible) and I'm not sure what we'll do in the room while he sleeps, until it's time for us to go to bed.

What great information! We don't have twins but are taking our 17 month old in January, and I found this so helpful! We've been to Disney many times before just the two of us, but this will be our first family vacation; we've never even stayed in the same hotel as a family. I do have a question, though. How did you do nap times? Would they just sleep in the stroller or would you go back to the resort? And while they slept (if you were at the resort) did you just play on phones, relax, etc.? Sleeping is my only concern with LO, just because I don't know what he'll do in the pack and play if he can see us, LOL. And same for night time; he usually goes down around 7:30 (though I'm leaving room to be way flexible) and I'm not sure what we'll do in the room while he sleeps, until it's time for us to go to bed.

Nap times were varied. At home, our nap time is very structured and they always nap at the same time. Unfortunately, that didn't work for Disney at all! We tried going back to the resort once for naps, thinking that would help, but it didn't. They just screamed for an hour in their pack n plays!

We pretty much let them nap at will in the stroller. Rarely did they nap at the same time. The kid who was awake generally went with one parent for some one-on-one time and a ride or two, while the other parent sat in a cool place with the napping kid in the stroller.

We travel a lot, so spending time in the same room is common for us. It was tougher at Disney though. I would recommend putting the pack n play (since you only have one) in an area behind the curtain (if staying at a moderate resort). Our plans were to play on our laptops and watch TV with our wireless headphones...though by the time they finally settled down...I was ready to sleep too! We mostly just played on our phones. If our budget had allowed, we would have MUCH preferred a Deluxe Resort with a balcony as that is the ideal situation.

We aren't going back to WDW for a few years, but knowing what I know now...I wouldn't go unless I could stay in a place with a balcony or a suite. We didn't want to spend the extra $100-$150 per night, but it might have been worth it in hindsight!

We travel a lot, so spending time in the same room is common for us. It was tougher at Disney though. I would recommend putting the pack n play (since you only have one) in an area behind the curtain (if staying at a moderate resort). Our plans were to play on our laptops and watch TV with our wireless headphones...though by the time they finally settled down...I was ready to sleep too! We mostly just played on our phones. If our budget had allowed, we would have MUCH preferred a Deluxe Resort with a balcony as that is the ideal situation.

We aren't going back to WDW for a few years, but knowing what I know now...I wouldn't go unless I could stay in a place with a balcony or a suite. We didn't want to spend the extra $100-$150 per night, but it might have been worth it in hindsight!

Thanks so much! Fingers crossed he will sleep in the stroller (which he may and will make things much easier!). I love the headphones idea, and will definitely bring some. We are between CBR and WL, for both reasons you mentioned (balcony at WL or curtained bathroom area at CBR). I'm thinking if he's in the curtained area at CBR, with our white noise machine, we should be golden! :thumbsup2

Thanks again!

You are two brave, brave souls. :lmao:
And your children are adorable :thumbsup2

I have boy/girl twins who are 25 months old. I could not have imagined taking them at 18-20 months old. They will be about 33 months when we go. I am hoping that makes a difference (as their language increases, the tantrums have decreased).

I am saving this thread for all your tips and tricks. Of course, I also have to balance my 9-year old DS who will want to do more thrilling things.

Nap times were varied. At home, our nap time is very structured and they always nap at the same time. Unfortunately, that didn't work for Disney at all! We tried going back to the resort once for naps, thinking that would help, but it didn't. They just screamed for an hour in their pack n plays!

We pretty much let them nap at will in the stroller. Rarely did they nap at the same time. The kid who was awake generally went with one parent for some one-on-one time and a ride or two, while the other parent sat in a cool place with the napping kid in the stroller.

This is how our kids rolled too. At home we have very strict 1-3 PM nap times (for the sanity of the parents as well). The last trip they tended to pass out when they were tired. One of us would go with the other somewhere to hit up a ride, while the other sat and relaxed with the other one.

Somedays they wouldn't nap at all, but would pass out by 6PM and sleep until 6AM the next day.

The last trip they had just started walking so, this is going to be a whole new ball of wax for us. They love Mickey, and keep telling us they can't wait to go ("We going to Mickey's House next week, right?"). :)

Subbing in. We've taken our twins to WDW several times (at 17mo, 26 mo and 34 mo). It is so fun to see how they enjoy it each time. In fact, this last trip, we barely left new fantasyland. For us, disney has been a great trip because we stay on site and use DME. It is so wonderful not to have to bring our extra car seats.

Thanks for this! I'm only taking one but he'll be 2.5 at the time (33 months). Added some things to my packing list (and took a few off).
very helpful! :)

Thank you for posting this! We are taking our two surviving triplets this weekend for the first time! We only live 6 hours away, and are annual pass holders. So we visit frequently, and do at least one "longer" trip each year (a week +). But never with children! Our little ones are younger (8 months), but a lot of what you suggested helped! I teared up when I read that this was the manifestation of all of your dreams come true. We too suffered with infertility, and our triplets were born at 26 weeks, and we lost their brother 11 days after they we're born. This will be the first time we get to "get away" and just enjoy our children, and our family. Thank you!

Thought I would bump this thread as I've seen lots of twin stroller and trip questions...and I don't have the energy to type everything out again! I guess we are crazy, because we are going back in July! Our second trip will be driving down and we will be staying in an off-property timeshare. We think our children will do better with breaks from the Disney environment and we need the space...not to mention that the timeshare is pretty much free (not counting what we pay for it of course)! Hope it's helpful!

What a wonderful thread, so sweet. I have five kiddos and my oldest are 13 year old boy/girl twins. We didn't get to Disney until my twins were 9 years old and I always say I wish Disney was on our radar in their toddler/preschool years because I now wish we could have taken them when they were younger so they could have had the chance to experience WDW in the way their younger sibs had the opportunity to; but those early years were rough for reasons beyond our control so I guess things worked out the way they were supposed to. I really enjoyed your report and tips and your little ones are so adorable! Our youngest is 14 months old so we will definitely keep your tips in mind as it has been several years since we've done Disney with a baby/toddler in tow. :)

** I am just editing to add that my twins were also preemies and were born 30 weeks gestation. Prior to their birth I was on bedrest in the hospital for 4 weeks. Even though I now have five children and my twins are the oldest, I get very emotional and tear up when I think about those early days, especially the time they were in the NICU; so your thread really hit home for me. :hug:

Last edited:
I just want to say thank you so much for this in depth description. I will have a 2 year old & 1 year old so these things will apply to me too! I can't thank you enough! :) Also what little cuties they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter