Disney Visa Voucher Question

Originally posted by peg2001
Ok, I just re-read the Program Terms and Conditions and there is no clause about having to spend $50 for every $20 in Visa Vouchers.

In fact, that wouldn't even make sense considering they make it very clear that you won't get change back if you purchase an item less than the value of the voucher. If you CAN'T use a $20 for a purchase less than $50, why would they even have to mention not getting cash back in change?!?
I believe the $20 on $50 purchased is nothing more than an example. It is not a limitation. You can use the rewards on purchases less than $50 as mickeyinjune pointed out.

I think where the no change comes in is that at no time can you get change back. If your bill is $55 and you want to use three $20 rewards, you won't get change back. Since it the program terms don't expressly prohibit the use of more than one reward on any purchase, you would run into the no change thing in many different circumstances.

I think that some of us (me included) jumped the gun getting upset about the Disney Credits from the Credit Card. If we all read this post by mickeyinjune - who has actually USED them - we can see that there was no problems using the credits except that we cannot get money back with them.

I hope that this makes everyone feel better about their Disney Credit Card.

Originally posted by mickeyinjune
I used one at the food court to pay for my dinner, I used 2 at ESPN on a bucket of wings and a football ice cream and four drinks came to ($42). I used one $10 voucher for a boat rentalthat cost $20. I used several in the gift stores buying stuff like T-shirts, hats, flashlight key chains(got 4 for $10). Used one to get a new trading pin at downtown disney also. I had 7 $10 vouchers, All of my purchases were over $10 but no where close to $50.

I could of used more for eating out, so I'm alraedy saving for next year.

mickeyinjune is definitely correct on this one! A simple call to the Disney's Visa/Disney Rewards straightens everything out. You can use your DDRD on any size purchase - you just can't get change back. So, it's best to use it on a purchase that's either the exact amount or more than the amount of your DDRDs. You CAN combine DDRDs, as well, toward one purchase (ex: If you're making $62 in purchases, you could use 60 DDRD and pay an addtl $2, rather than using 70 DDRD and losing the remaining 8 DDRD).

You CAN use your WDW DDRD toward vacation packages, just call and talk to the WDTC people about how to do it. You CAN also purchase your advance tickets with your DS DDRD at Disney Stores.

There really aren't as many restrictions on these things as you guys seem to think there are. Read your information carefully and call Disney's Visa if you have questions. It's better than relying on information from a bunch of other people who aren't clear on how the program works, either. Go straight to the source! It been working for me. :)

Still wondering about my original question...

My question is that I will have $150-200 of Vouchers from my Disney Visa card. I am wondering if when I get to OKW if I can just put those on my account for stuff I will purchase over the week that I don't have food vouchers for.

This would allow me to buy a $2 donut for breakfast and indirectly use a voucher. I guess I should be able to go at the end of the week and have them pull my balance and then pay it...

Thanks!

-Dennis
http://www.theteagues.com for my current countdown to Disney!

Okay, here is what we did. In May, we left TN with $70 worth of rewards. After trying to use them at stores and kiosks in the park and having no luck finding anyone that had ever seen them, I just took them down to the front desk of the WL and they checked to see what they could do with them. After a few minutes, they applied all $70 to my account. My room was already paid for and I had already made charges to my room, but they applied all $70 to those charges and did not worry about whether I had spent $50 or not. No problems once they figured out how to do it. It did take a CM and a manager to figure this out as niether one had seen them before. But someone at the lodge must have, because they came back with a very detailed list of procedures as to how to apply them to my account. By the way, the $70 were actually split between two of us, some of the rewards were mine and some were my Mother's. No one asked any questions and I signed all of them without any problem, mother was no where around. Hope this helps!!!

Thanks everyone for the help. It looks like I'll be able to just deposit them when I get there! That will make things easier!

I know that this thread caused some people some gray hair (myself included) but it looks like it worked out in the end.

Thanks!
:bounce: Dennis :bounce:

I just called and talked to a BankOne customer service rep. You have a choice when you redeem your rewards, you can put it towards a vacation package that you book through their agent, you can get vouchers for WDW, or you can get a Disney Store Gift card. I asked her if there was a minimum purchase, and she said no, if you spend $15 and give them a $10 voucher you will owe $5. It's just that they won't cash in your rewards until you have at least $20 coming to you. I also asked if you could get the Disney store gift card and buy Disney Dollars with that. She said that you could get anything that a DS sells with the gift card (up to the approp. $ amount of course). So I will be getting Disney Dollars with my rewards, and using them at the parks on whatever I'd like--
AND
with Disney dollars, you do get change! Hope this is helpful to someone!!
:)
PS, we leave 6 months from today!!!!

Still wondering about my original question...My question is that I will have $150-200 of Vouchers from my Disney Visa card. I am wondering if when I get to OKW if I can just put those on my account for stuff I will purchase over the week that I don't have food vouchers for.This would allow me to buy a $2 donut for breakfast and indirectly use a voucher. I guess I should be able to go at the end of the week and have them pull my balance and then pay it...

Sorry I should have tried to be more specific when I answered the following to someone else in the thread:
The CM that cashed me out told me that they cannot give change from these though so that is why I added them to the room charge to make sure I got the full value of them.

I eventually added them to the hotel charge after using a couple of the reward dollars since the transaction took some time. For example we would usually have to wait until a supervisor came over and showed the CM how to enter it in the register,etc.. It was just easier to add them to my room charge and have it taken off that way. I did this with no problem and will be doing the same when we check into CSR in 3 weeks or so.

It's just that they won't cash in your rewards until you have at least $20 coming to you

They now offer $10 increments on the website --perhaps the Bank One person was not aware of this. And yes, I did order just 1 $10 certificate and it was processed just fine-received it yesterday.

good luck to all!

I should have been more specific, too :D !
The vouchers are in $10 increments, and the first time you cash in your points, you need to order at least two!

This thrend has me wondering....

How long does it take to receive your vouchers after you order them? I think I read somewhere 6-8 weeks, but heard elsewhere only 2 weeks until they arrive. What has been your experience?

Thanks for the input :earsboy:

Originally posted by ilvsocr00
This thrend has me wondering....

How long does it take to receive your vouchers after you order them? I think I read somewhere 6-8 weeks, but heard elsewhere only 2 weeks until they arrive. What has been your experience?

Thanks for the input :earsboy:

When you order them it will state a ship date and a date that you should receive them. It doesn't take anywhere near the time they tell you. I received mine about 1 day after the ship date that they gave me. I think it took mine about 5-7 days.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Now, I just have to make up my mind on what I want to spend them on:D

Originally posted by mousefansmom
... I also asked if you could get the Disney store gift card and buy Disney Dollars with that. She said that you could get anything that a DS sells with the gift card (up to the approp. $ amount of course). So I will be getting Disney Dollars with my rewards, and using them at the parks on whatever I'd like--
AND
with Disney dollars, you do get change! Hope this is helpful to someone!!...
Be sure to post back when you turn them in for Disney Dollars and let us know how it went exchnaging the rewards certificates for them.

Wow, this isn't much of a deal. Toys R Us Visa sends your Vouchers that can be used without any purchase. They also give more points back if you shop at their store(3%). And guess what they mail me my vouchers without me having to ask for them. What's up with that. This makes me mad that I have to purchase something to get what they said I earned. I guess getting this card wasn't such a good idea. Anyone know of a better travel card? Thanks, Gina

Could I redeem a $20 voucher and 2-$10 gift cards on a pal mickey making him only cost $10 out of my spending money?

That would be awsome

poohangel

Originally posted by poohangel
Could I redeem a $20 voucher and 2-$10 gift cards on a pal mickey making him only cost $10 out of my spending money?

That would be awsome

poohangel

Yep, you could do that!

In response to the question about a 'better' card, we use the Chase i-card. Every month you accumulate greater than $10 in rewards (1%), you receive a webcertificate. I have the webcertificate plastic card from the old reward program days of FreeRide and just deposit it to there. When we went to StLouis a few weeks ago, I just drug it out to pay for a couple of meals so they were not on my regular card and I paid for my film developing today. From now to next year I will save for Disney on it. Unfortunately we spend WAY to much each month on our card so it does add up! We also deposit redemptions from Memolink, Mypoints, etc into the same Webcertificate.

For new account holders there is a fee for the plastic card but you can use the number and expiration date online at any time for no fee. I just don't order enough online so the investment in the plastic card was ideal for me. You can also use the card as a regular card at the Dis Store to buy dis $$ if you prefer those. You can fund $ into your webcertificate yourself but I believe it is $1 per deposit - but if it keeps it out of your hands and keeps away the temptation to spend it - it might be well worth those $1 deductions!

don't forget- for webcertificates, there is a dormancy fee to be aware of! use it often, or lose a lot in fees!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter